Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Drogheda pubs

Options
  • 09-06-2012 7:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

Evening all

I'm looking for a good pub to watch the upcoming Ireland games in Drogheda.I've seen a few advertising that they will be giving finger food out during the match but any football fans out there that could point me right in the direction of a good pub for the match

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭darklighter

Personally if i was at home i'd be going to McPhails, fond memories of the 2002 World Cup down there. If the weather holds, you can watch the game in the beer garden.

Depends on where you are in town as well. If you're on the Dublin Rd area, the Black Bull would be a good spot for the craic, not sure if they've a big sreen though.

On the north-side, Mother hughes is a big soccer pub.

You could also try the Rugby Club on the Ballymakenny Rd or the O'Raghallaighs on the North rd, both of which mightnt be as packed as down town.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Depends on where you are in town as well. If you're on the Dublin Rd area, the Black Bull would be a good spot for the craic, not sure if they've a big sreen though.

They do, its in the front section of the pub but you might be sitting with your head fixated left or right and can leave you with a bad creek in your neck.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Umpalumpa

I was told mchughs was pretty good.Might watch the Spain game there and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

McPhails have 4 screens in the beer garden and the Enemies playing after the football today, if I didn't have kids and the school run and work tomorrow (and was still young, sigh...:rolleyes:) that's where I'd go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Avoid the black bull like the plague, worst pints in Drogheda.

Try the railway, just beside Esso on the dublin road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

Avoid the black bull like the plague, worst pints in Drogheda.

Worst pints of what? Or have you sampled all the pints :D

Noticed Star Bar is closed.

Are 'The Enemies' resident band in McPhails??

I think 'The Pheasant' was offering finger food during the games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭Fenian Army

Mylow wrote: »

I have actually lol

Guinness is rank as is the lager. The aul fella doesnt drink in the Bull any more after two decades of it being his local!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

Their Erdinger is tasty stuff :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Mylow wrote: »

Yeah, went out Friday night, Star Bar and Fusion were closed. I sincerely doubt the Star Bar is a good pub for watching the game anyway. It's more of a disco bar almost a nightclub.

The Enemies I suppose you could call them a resident band, they play every single week. They have original songs but mostly seem to play covers. Bands like Juicer play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭KoKane

Foleys or McPhails (for the beergarden if good weather), or even The Mariner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 gra_archer76

Is man fridays still going? What a spot back in the day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭kbell

Man Fridays changed to 'fusion' towards the end of the 90's if memory serves.
    It's closed now a couple of years.

Advertisement