Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Opinions ? on this :-)

• 09-06-2012 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭

Whats your opinions on this,

A relative of mine was caught with a substantial quantity of weed a few months ago,Guilty as charged.Out at a family function last week there was considerable gossip/stories relating to above matter,One of the fiercest critics of the young lad was his Aunt who said it was a disgrace to the family and he should be well ashamed of himself.This same Aunty owns and runs one of Dublin's rougher pubs where the majority of the clientele are related and connected to one of Dublin's infamous crime families who have it packed at minimum five days a week,When this was pointed out to her that most of the money coming into her successful bar is from criminal enterprises be it drugs or Armed crime she got very angry but said that was different,What do you all think is she being a hypocrite ? IMO she is.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Technically, she is making her money legally.

Morally? Thats the real question.

A hypocrite? Possibly on moral grounds...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

She is being a hypocrite, yes. But I'm reminded of a quote that a person is unlikely to see something in a certain way when their pay cheque is dependent on them not seeing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Your aunt Is a poo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Your family sound awful, dont breed:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 769 ✭✭✭Diego Maradona

Typical Dubs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

A business owner has no legal or moral responsibilty in respect of how their customers make a living. If they were to, we would need to provide proof of our occupation to buy groceries etc.

I don't think she's being a hypocrite - judgemental yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭shancoduff

I immediately thought of something Omar said. :) Not saying your relative is as badass as him though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Typical Dubs

Typical I wouldn't think so,But if you care to expand on what you mean do go ahead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Presumably her theory is 'getting arrested for doing illegal stuff brings shame on the family'. Which she isn't. So no, not a hypocrite.

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭BIG BAD JOHN

I once worked in a pub in London. One night (when I wasn't there) someone diverted the attention of the barman from the public bar and when his back was turned someone jumped over the counter and emptied the saloon bar till.
    The next night, business was unusually brisk....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

We all have our ghosts..

We all have our ghosts..

Yea, my mother in law haunts me - and she's not even dead yet! :(

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,440 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

You sound well connected OP.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

My auntie would bash your auntie.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

leggo wrote: »
    My auntie would bash your auntie.
    My auntie will **** your auntie. She's a lesbian.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

My auntie will **** your auntie. She's a lesbian.
    And then batter her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

xzanti wrote: »
    You sound well connected OP.

:pac:

Yep an electrician by trade :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭FizzleSticks

This post has been deleted.

realies wrote: »
    Yep an electrician by trade :D

A bright spark then! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MisterEpicurus

What do you all think

She sounds like a nagging old bag who only likes to stay on top of her high horse. There's a lot of aunts around like this, you're not the only one. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

What do you all think

She sounds like a nagging old bag who only likes to stay on top of her high horse. There's a lot of aunts around like this, you're not the only one. :rolleyes:

God I thought my aunts were special....back stabbing, gossiping, high horse riding, stick up their hole oul bats...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

I think your aunt is quite judgemental of the relative and she shouldn't be so critical. However, I don't think that she is a hypocrite because she earns her money legally, she cannot control how her customers earn their money nor is it any of her business.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 jonsoc33

Tell her to feck off to turkey and get some goodlooking boys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

You'll probably find that there's a lot of dealing going on in her pub. Though she may make her living legally, she is definitely benefitting from the proceeds of crime and should stfu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

It's effing weed. Who gives a s*** at this stage whether it's legal or not ?

It's not taboo to smoke it anymore. I've even seen people openly smoke it even in the city centre a few times.

Sounds like your Aunt is a typical naive, conservative numpty who still believes in the war on drugs :rolleyes:.

Tell your aunt to cop on. I'd be more ashamed being related to an ignoramus of a relative who'd gossip about me behind my back more than selling a f***ing plant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

How much weed was he caught with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

ahh just like my family

• Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

I wouldnt take it to heart, It's only weed. I'd be more concerned if it were cocaine etc, She's probably a bit old fashioned. As for the pub, I'd be willing to bet plenty of pubs make money from people involved in crime, Its nothing new! She'll get over it when the next person in the family does something scandalous:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Yes He makes money from drugs She makes money from drugs

• Advertisement

Jester252 wrote: »
    Yes He makes money from drugs She makes money from drugs

Technically, he is dealing drugs illegal in direct handling.
    She can stand up in a court and state honestly, she is not dealing in illegal drugs as such.

She is pushing the boat to be fair in moralising to others, when she knowingly knows where a good portion of her money is coming from.
    ...Of course she don't want to hear this it seems. I wonder why?
    The truth hurts possibly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

I've smoked weed, I didn't like it, I won't again. But I sincerely believe it should be legal, particularly given that alcohol is legal.
    Your auntie's a blayrin' dzzzope!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Drugs are bad.....

Advertisement