Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PDANet using all of my data!

• 09-06-2012 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi, I'm using a jailbroken iPhone 4 and I downloaded PDANet to tether my phone to my laptop, supposedly for free. However no matter how many different ways I set it up, be it wired or wireless, and even when I click hide tether (level I and II) it still uses my data! I'm on O2 if that's any use to anyone.

Can anyone give me a solution to this or recommend a working alternative?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you getting charged for tethering or are you just getting charged for data. It doesn't somehow magically give you free data but hides the fact you are tethering from your network

• Registered Users Posts: 11 BrianB4

guil wrote: »
    Are you getting charged for tethering or are you just getting charged for data. It doesn't somehow magically give you free data but hides the fact you are tethering from your network

I'm being charged for data! It says in the app description that it enables free tethering? When they say free do they mean that you won't face tethering charges from your carrier?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

BrianB4 wrote: »
    guil wrote: »

I'm being charged for data! It says in the app description that it enables free tethering? When they say free do they mean that you won't face tethering charges from your carrier?
    Did you seriously think you would somehow get free data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

BrianB4 wrote: »
    When they say free do they mean that you won't face tethering charges from your carrier?
    Yes. Some carriers charge extra for tethering, this app hides the fact that this is what you are doing. You still pay for the data.

Advertisement