Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Humanity Ever Mature Enough For A One World Government??

• 09-06-2012 7:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,017 ✭✭✭

Do you think in time humanity will be mature enough for a one world government?

I mean why do we have nation states in the first place if we are all human? Why seperate us? Is it not time to join together for the good of the human race and stop all this?

I'll be honest with you, I abhore patriotism with a passion. I encourage all sorts of globalisation because I want to see nations identity destroyed really. So any form globalisation to destroy a national identity and get away of cultures and tradition is a good thing IMO.

I would like to see Ireland and western europe in particular become majority non white for example leaving a "coffee coloured" effect as I think thats the way humanity should be. So all immigration statistics are a plus for me.

But I can't patriotism and nation states, I don't think they are necessary as we are all human. I don't believe in supporting countries in euro 2012, as I believe actually its wrong full stop.

So do you think humanity will ever get its act together and live through a global one world government and ditch the nation state, or to a similar effect? And if not why not?

Would You Support A One World Government If It Was Peaceful? 31 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 31 votes

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

No.
    Next question.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 654 ✭✭✭girl2

Not hope ever. Humanity - is going out the window these days.

Society is not good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

We really should have learned from the principle of the Eurozone, so hopefully no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

In before Run to Da Hills.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

nope it will never happen... its not in human nature to coexist peacefully.... even in countries that are not at war we have gangs shooting each other

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Not a chance. Savages cannot and will not or ever be mature enough to create a one world government, it is out of the question.

Maybe in 100 years possibly but still unlikely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Of course it could happen, we're at the very early stages of humanity.
    Who knows what it will be like in 50,000 years...though we'll have probably blown the planet up by then:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

No, we would **** it up eventually.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭golden lane

just, how many people get on with their next door neighbour...????

how many people are jealous of their next door neighbour.....????

how many people actually know their next door neighbour...???

At the point that humanity has the ability to colonize other planets, I think the odds of such a thing are far more likely than they are now. So, not for quite a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

So the main reason you want to see a OWG is because you detest patriotism?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Why would you want to? Only one gubberment to be agin?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Nation states aren't your problem, that's like blaming the colour of the tablecloth for the quality of the food in a retaurant.

Politicians are your problem.

Here's my solution; anyone in control of significant media resources and/or politician and/or civil servants can keep their job, but have a mini explosive planted next to the base of their skull. If at any time an overall majority feel they've gone off the rails, its goodnight sweet prince.

That'll about do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

I don't think so, but I'd always wondered why the world wasn't just like one big country. I'd love to travel and live wherever I wanted without restriction.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Pushtrak wrote: »
    In before Run to Da Hills.

Star Trek uniforms for all?
    Gene Roddenbury's idea of an Earth utopia come to fruition?

A bit of NWO for all!
    Eat it with your humble pie! :pac:

So the main reason you want to see a OWG is because you detest patriotism?
    It is kind of understandable if you take it to mean the die hard nationalism which can be manifested in hating people on the basis of the country they are from. Of course, a one world government wouldn't really fix this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

Sure why not and we can do away with money too. People will work for the good of all mankind - it'll be just like Star Trek. One government for one race of people. How fantastic would that be?

/Sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

A one world government will result in peace between all...no hate, no difference....if thats the case? then I welcome it....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

A one world government will result in peace between all...no hate, no difference....if thats the case? then I welcome it....
    Yes, just like the United States...

...oh wait...

Seriously, politician-implants are the answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

Yes. Its inevitable, a good thing and its already starting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

A OWG would be an unequivocal disaster. Too many cooks and all that. The mere notion of it is preposterous.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

OP why should we be coffee coloured, why is skin colour so important to you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭southcentralts

Ya, I am sure there is a number of people who could handle the responsibility, of the position of president of the world, without succumbing to despotic and dictatorial tendencies.

Apart form me that is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    Yes, just like the United States...

...oh wait...

Seriously, politician-implants are the answer.

Yup, like Mr. Wallace...

It is kind of understandable if you take it to mean the die hard nationalism which can be manifested in hating people on the basis of the country they are from. Of course, a one world government wouldn't really fix this.

Yeah, I get that, and can see why people aren't pushed on the notion of patriotism etc. A OWG won't put stop to the likes of that or racism though.

To think otherwise, which the OP seems to, is woolly headed nonsense, imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭purplepanda

Gnobe wrote: »
    thing IMO.
    I would like to see Ireland and western europe in particular become majority non white for example leaving a "coffee coloured" effect as I think thats the way humanity should be. So all immigration statistics are a plus for me.

So do you think humanity will ever get its act together and live through a global one world government and ditch the nation state, or to a similar effect? And if not why not?

So you want to abolish white europeans, what about races on other continents? Or is is just Europeans & particularly Irish you have a loathing for? :rolleyes:

And you welcome total control of the world population by the globalists that currently have a very powerful say over nations & peoples at the present time period? The same elite that makes billions whilst billions live in poverty? You actually would consider abolishing nations & people for your perverted dogma?

You sound like Hitler & Stalin joined at the hip!!!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

girl2 wrote: »
    Not hope ever. Humanity - is going out the window these days.

Society is not good.

Oh god, another 'It was better in my day' fan.

OP why should we be coffee coloured, why is skin colour so important to you?

That's a good question actually. He seems to be dead set against racism but apparently wants us all to be the same color =/
    leaving a "coffee coloured" effect as I think thats the way humanity should be

'The way humanity should be'... ehh, right.

So you want to abolish white europeans, what about races on other continents? Or is is just Europeans & particularly Irish you have a loathing for? :rolleyes:

And you welcome total control of the world population by the globalists that currently have a very powerful say over nations & peoples at the present time period? The same elite that makes billions whilst billions live in poverty? You actually would consider abolishing nations & people for your perverted dogma?

You sound like Hitler & Stalin joined at the hip!!!:mad:
    Actually, I got from the post you are responding to a kind of hippy "all as one" type thing. Whereas from this, it is sticking rigidly to an ideal of racial seperation. As if by mixing the races it is destroying ours. Which is utter tripe, honestly.

I don't think Hitler or Stalin had a "lets mix genetics" part of their plans. That you'd bring them in to the discussion is a bit disturbing.

Edit: The all as one thing doesn't really need a hippy all as one or trying to force the issue. It's happening naturally. And the difference between "races" is minor. And the ones who adhere to some big gap between the races are crackpots.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

I mean why do we have nation states in the first place if we are all human? Why seperate us? Is it not time to join together for the good of the human race and stop all this?

I'll be honest with you, I abhore patriotism with a passion. I encourage all sorts of globalisation because I want to see nations identity destroyed really. So any form globalisation to destroy a national identity and get away of cultures and tradition is a good thing IMO.

But I can't patriotism and nation states, I don't think they are necessary as we are all human. I don't believe in supporting countries in euro 2012, as I believe actually its wrong full stop.

Shouldnt you be busy hugging trees or something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Well, when we're done shagging our way to a one world colour, racism will be gone.
    Religion will play a minor part when the aliens arrive.
    Then we blow ourselves up by accident in an act of self-defence.
    So yes - a one world government of cockroaches.
    Hail the 'roach.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

If humankind ever reaches that level of maturity, there will be no need for a government at all.:):):)

--- or it could go this way::D

http://ivarfjeld.files.wordpress.com/2009/07/1-india-cartoon.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭zenno

Human beings, ie. An ant colony with one queen controller of which has us all slaving away to bring the juice to a direct location, 'the banks' where do you think the location of all the juice will end up ? Germany. lets get juicing and bring thereforth abundance in soul-starving mayhem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

One world government seems like a pretty immature desire tbh. At least now an individual, well us at least, if not happy with laws and society can leave for a differently run country. None of that in the owg...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,967 ✭✭✭laoch na mona

I would rather peaceful anarchism

• Advertisement

I don't think Hitler or Stalin had a "lets mix genetics" part of their plans. That you'd bring them in to the discussion is a bit disturbing.

communists such as Trotsky believed in permanent revolution which would have created the OWG you desire

communists such as Trotsky believed in permanent revolution which would have created the OWG you desire
    It isn't something I'd really desire. As the outcome wouldn't live up in ways I would want and would in ways I wouldn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

Yeah ... .

Sure I'd love strict islamic culures in the middle east, die hard neo nazi's in eastern europe, fat, evangelical fox news followers in the US, Voodoo worshippers in the carribean, and every third world hellhole having a a role in dictating the laws and society of this island. :rolleyes:

Multiculturalism struggles enough as it is. Give that a chance first before wiping out me and every other white devil.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Maybe when we make contact with aliens. Knowing us though we'll probably get saddled into an intergalactic version of the EU and get shafted for planet tax.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scioch

Might stand some chance if Religion was reduced to a minority view. Which will take an incredibly long time in the middle east. And who knows what other crackpot beliefs will arise in the meantime.

I think nationalist values would reduce over time too with open borders and what have ya.

We are talking tens of thousands of years though and who knows what the hell the place will be like then. We may have a unified planet fighting an inter stellar war with some extremists from the next solar system with people saying "ya think we'll ever have a galactic government?" "I dont know quasar, perhaps in a few million......"

Skip to a few million years later "Hey entity" "yes entity?" "ya ever think we'll have one cosmic government ?" and so on and so on. Until someone invents time travel and starts the whole miserable thing from scratch but this time do it right.

• Advertisement

It isn't something I'd really desire. As the outcome wouldn't live up in ways I would want and would in ways I wouldn't.

it wouldn't be done democratically i can assure you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

nope because

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LylaElise

I wouldn't be keen on patriotism much either, but to "destroy a nations identity" as you put it..why? A sense of pride and patriotism can actually unite a country and its different races of people that live there, see South Africa.

Also shouldn't true peace stem from all of us accepting, respecting and understanding each others differences and appreciating what makes each country unique and how each one lends itself to the planets rich tapestry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Defiler Of The Coffin

Why do you link 'maturity' with the ability to form a one world government? Wouldn't a world with nations peacefully co-existing be just as good? Different nations can still have peaceful relations despite having different views on things. Would you really like to be lumped in with a nation full of Islamic Fundamentalists or whatever you don't agree with yourself? There will never be a world where humans agree on everything. It is simply not in our nature. We are tribalistic animals. Some moreso than others.

You want to get rid of cultures and tradition? Why?! Sounds like a boring world to me.

Sounds like inverse-racism to me.

Just being human isn't enough to stop people doing bad things to each other now is it?

Humanity may someday get its 'act together' but there will never be an end to nation states. What would be the benefits to one world government?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Because different groups of people want to be governed by different laws.
    A one world government would be almost completely democratically unaccountable. I as a citizen, and you as a citizen, would have almost no power whatsoever to, for example, get something legalized if it was wrongly banned. That kind of thing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Yer.

And when ye's all vote for me ye's all be working down the mines. suckers.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭PrincessLola

:(
    There is no one skin colour that humanity "should be".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Why do you think a "coffee coloured" effect is the way humanity should be? How boring! How would you achieve this overall coffee coloured effect in say some place like China? Three cups of white, 1.5lt black, 2 tsp red mixed with 1kg yellow, and no vanilla essence? Would that do it? :confused:

As for a one world government... one dictator in place of hundreds. Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely (John Dalberg-Acton). Who would you place in charge of this one world government and how would you envisage this government's power being curbed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Why the hell would you want a one world government?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,718 ✭✭✭SafeSurfer

I would not be in favour of a one world government. Having countries compete against each other is good. It makes each country more efficient and drives them to invest in research and development to gain advantage over their rivals.

Competition between tribes/clans/states/empires has driven most of our civilisation's greatest advances.

One world government would lack this and lead to creative stagnation.

Multo autem ad rem magis pertinet quallis tibi vide aris quam allis

• Advertisement
Advertisement