Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Will Humanity Ever Mature Enough For A One World Government??

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

I don't support it for the one reason that our privileged position in the west would be ended. If there was one world government there'd be no reason for inequality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭opinion guy

One World Government doesn't make any sense logistically. People want to be able to make their own decisions relatively locally.

Goat herders in Nepal don't want or need big city bureaucrats a continent away making laws up for them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

probably not

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

It would be impossible to do peacefully and would likely break up equally unpeacefully eventually piece by piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

:pac:We'll never see us all agree in unison even on a topic on AH, what ****ing chance do we have of agreeing to a worldwide government...:pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

Gnobe wrote: »
    I would like to see Ireland and western europe in particular become majority non white for example leaving a "coffee coloured" effect as I think thats the way humanity should be.
    Genetics doesn't work like that. It's not like paint-mixing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I live in hope. Fantastic idea. Not everyone's interests may be seen to be fully represented by such a govt but the world is more global than ever, our problems are more global than ever and the consequences of war between competing nations are higher than ever. Isnt it typical though, only when we're (ireland) kinda fcuked (for now) would anyone seriously contemplate the idea. In reality all countries engage in protectionism all the time, particularly with regard to immigration etc and for obvious reasons, Though this is not the way policy is generally headed? (really is hard to tell what the masterplan is)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

so instead of wars between countries we would have civil war.

You apparently know nothing about politics, have you seen the people that go into politics? Most of them seem to be thick skinned simpletons there for the good pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Humans are byproducts of their environment and will always have different needs and desires based on their environment, one size fits all will never work across the planet.

Planet earth does need to be managed on a global scale though. Our scientific endevours are also too big for one nation, we have to cooperate to keep this modern world going and we'll need more cooperation as we go into the future. One world government isn't necessary for that though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

The question should be mature enough for no government and the answer is no.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭St.Spodo

Gnobe wrote: »
    Do you think in time humanity will be mature enough for a one world government?

I mean why do we have nation states in the first place if we are all human? Why seperate us? Is it not time to join together for the good of the human race and stop all this?

I'll be honest with you, I abhore patriotism with a passion. I encourage all sorts of globalisation because I want to see nations identity destroyed really. So any form globalisation to destroy a national identity and get away of cultures and tradition is a good thing IMO.

I would like to see Ireland and western europe in particular become majority non white for example leaving a "coffee coloured" effect as I think thats the way humanity should be. So all immigration statistics are a plus for me.

But I can't patriotism and nation states, I don't think they are necessary as we are all human. I don't believe in supporting countries in euro 2012, as I believe actually its wrong full stop.

So do you think humanity will ever get its act together and live through a global one world government and ditch the nation state, or to a similar effect? And if not why not?

You're always going on about skin colour, as if someone's skin colour matters. By the way, Ireland won't be ''coffee coloured'' for a long, long time, and may never be.

Advertisement