Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is everything REALLY that bad?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I'm happy. :)
    I've done my best so far, I dont think the exams have even been bad! I've been postive going into and coming out of all exams and it seems to really work. For someone who's usually full of anxiety thats something.
    Whats the point in complaining? Not gonna get you anywhere.
    And for going over questions with people after to see if you got it right .. whats the point?
    I'd rather think positively about what I've done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

As bad as geography went, I made a stab at it and handled it as best I could. I'm not really one of the people who tried to get away with nothing...I have the syllabus printed out, my teacher covered all of it but it just wasnt possible to learn all of it without some bits getting more attention.

On the bright side, I was really fine with English. Hamlet was really bad, but I wrote a good bit, didnt summarise, used my knowledge and my teacher heard I was a bit upset over it and told me he thinks I'm one of the few who could've answered it to A standard. :) I felt the short story titles were restrictive but I know I can write, so I dont care what some random corrector thinks when I'm given a bad title and an hour to use it - all I want is points.

Poetry was fine...I'll admit I was shocked to see Heaney absent, he seemed so likely, but there was never a solid argument for Plath. I wrote 5 pages on Larkin who I'd been banking on and I'm happy. :) Comparative was awkward but workable.

I did mess up HL maths a tad...but I did my best again, and I'm quite confident I got 50/50 on Q7 - which would be a huge achievement for me. :P

Extremely scared for next week but at this point I dont care. I'm definitely capable of an A1 in French and I dont know how I could miss out on it unless the comprehensions are horribly bad; languages are my strong point so Irish might go well too. :)

(But in reference to the title, geography really was that bad.)

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭UnholyGregor

so far so good tbh, the english paper was more than agreeable imo, same goes for maths paper one. Im basically guaranteed my top choice on my cao, passed it by 50 points in the mocks, the only one pressuring me is myself really, just dont want to let myself down after working so hard all year :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I've done alright so far in English paper 1 and paper 2 the Hamlet question might not be great though.
    Even geography a few of the questions I didn't know. I knew a lot more than I usually would've known. I don't think I did too bad and there's the project still.

Maths has gone terrible so I'm trying so hard for paper 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Well, I'm looking forward to my Music exam!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Kelix

I went to grinds where I was told to cut some stuff, that I definitely didn't need it for Geography, of course it came up, and as someone who is repeating and spent so much time and effort studying, I'm pissed. Probably got a high C or a B but I wanted an A1 and feel like I worked for it.

As for English, I think I can get an A1. I studied all 8 poets and the exams went great, but my handwriting is bad so hopefully the examiner doesn't care.

Compared to the leaving last year, it is without a doubt worse. They are intentionally trying to catch people, and with no warning. Not fair, but that's life I guess. Maybe that's the lesson they're trying to teach us early on. Yay for positivity.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Biscuits.

I've never had a happier exam :3. I've never been so relaxed either.

I've read a lot of books about depression lately. From what I've gathered stress, hopelessness, poor self-esteem, over thinking and boredom are the worse offenders.

Even one on its own can put us into depression. Exam settings can set off every single one of these things and depression causes you to have less energy and lose your motivation and worse your self-esteem, which will cause you to under perform. So, to be able to feel opposite of all these things is great. I'm still bored ****less though :P.

I'm looking forward to the results day/night more than the grad.

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭RedTexan

I'm pretty happy, was distraught initially after maths but having looked over my paper it seems I only ended up coming out with two parts of a (c) part incorrect, I thought I had totally lost hope (need at least a B1). Negativity breeds fear, fear breeds contempt, contempt breeds anger, anger breeds suffering, seems to be a cycle well in flow this June

Advertisement