Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Briggs & Stratton lawnmower. Running rough.

Options
  • 09-06-2012 8:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭

As you can see the lawnmower starts but runs roughly and chokes after a while...
    Fresh petrol, just bought it today, oil is on its normal levels as well...

Anyone's got any idea what's wrong or what might be wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

Sobanek wrote: »

As you can see the lawnmower starts but runs roughly and chokes after a while...

I had similar problem last year and it turned out that there was water in the petrol can I think it got moisture build up inside can from leaving can lying outside instead of storing can in a dry environment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I had similar problem last year and it turned out that there was water in the petrol can I think it got moisture build up inside can from leaving can lying outside instead of storing can in a dry environment.
    Thought it might be it as well, but it turned out to be as simple as adjusting the carburetor spring that just fell off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 monkyslap

I want to lawnmower my hair. You're welcome doctor....Monkyslap

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭celticmicky

Has it a choke or primer system? If choke system then perhaps your choke is stuck closed? Also check your air filter, it may be blocked.

If that doesn't cure it check your carburetor bowl for dirt or water as mentioned above. Be careful not to lose the little o-ring seal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭little swift

Has it a choke or primer system? If choke system then perhaps your choke is stuck closed? Also check your air filter, it may be blocked.

If that doesn't cure it check your carburetor bowl for dirt or water as mentioned above. Be careful not to lose the little o-ring seal.

had mine out today and it would'nt start so i jamed the choke and fired it up and it ran for awhile like the op's and then she cut out so i unjamed the choke and it fired up grand and not a bother from it so i guess micky you could be right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

Cleaned my spark plug today and put in half the suggested amount of REDEX into the petrol, vroom vroom.... :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Oldtree wrote: »
    Cleaned my spark plug today and put in half the suggested amount of REDEX into the petrol, vroom vroom.... :D

I'd say cleaning the spark plug had a lot more to do with it than Redex. :)

Advertisement