Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

COMPUTERS!!

• 09-06-2012 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

just wondering if anyone on her applied for Computer science or computing in DIT or computing in ITT ? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

No, I've applied to UCD, Trinity, DCU and NUIG though. Along with UU and QUB in the North.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Monkeyloops

Still haven't decided between computer applications dcu or computer science ucd :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40 meesh140

I studied computer applications in Dcu
    It is a really difficult course
    They've changed it a bit since I sat it
    But definitely a prior knowledge of programming is a must...
    I failed first year twice
    They tell you that you don't need prior knowledge but all the people that did well in my year and done programming (java) before
    The computer and business degree in Dcu seems to have a higher pass rate, CA has the highest drop out rate in Dcu (over 60% the year I was there)
    It also doesn't focus as much on programming, you study I think c++ but it's not as heavy as the one in CA
    Just a bit of friendly advice, I certainly wish someone advised me 3 years ago... Coz now I'm back sitting the leaving after ****ing up college so bad... Ugh
    oh and I only failed java, the other modules are fine, as long as you like maths
    I totally only picked this course because of the money to be made with a computing degree, so don't pick computers unless your really interested in them....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭Willbbz

Top 5 CAO in order:
    1. Computer Applications - DCU
    2. Computer Science DIT
    3. Computer Science UCD
    4. Computer Science TCD
    5. Computing NCI
    6. Computer Science - Cholaiste Dhulaigh (PLC Backup)

@meesh140

I hear a lot of people don't read into the course content and are gobsmacked when they see Netbeans / Eclipse or any IDE

Advertisement