Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applied maths.

• 09-06-2012 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭

Whats the easiest topic in applied maths after linear motion ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 The Pharmacist on the Moon

question 3, question 5 or question 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Tankosaur

It's all relative to your abilities.

I always do 1-5 ,9 and 10

• Registered Users Posts: 35 The Pharmacist on the Moon

Tankosaur wrote: »
    It's all relative to your abilities.

I always do 1-5 ,9 and 10
    true but the questions mentioned in my prevous post are regarded by most as the handiest questions on the paper along with question 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

He/She's right. These questions are quite easy. Question 4 can be nice too, sometimes a bit tricky though.

Question 2 can be hard but if you understand the whole theory behind relative motion it's easy.

Applied Maths is the best subject out there by far. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭paddyzk

Right thanks lads.
    Think I'll go onto Q3 next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

that said, the linear motion question can often be much harder than the other questions, as the other questions more theory hence the questions are usually more formulaic and repetitive

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭acorn1702

I don't think Linear Motion is the easiest question, it's one of the broader questions.. Q10 never fluctuates much but it takes a little while to get completely comfortable with it. Q2 is broad like Q1. Newton's law's is very routine if you are comfortable with the different type questions that can come up e.g Wedge questions and System with a system. Q3 and Q5 are very routine aswel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Cucullion

Hi can anyone offer any tips for 2009 Q2 (b) am I'm quite stuck. I'm revising now and the marking scheme leaves me more confused. Is there any other way of doing it. Thanks

Advertisement