Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Russian Fans Beating UEFA Stewarts

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

dsmythy wrote: »
    Some trouble between Irish and Croatian fans being reported on SSN. Ireland and Croatia will have to be kicked out too so, there be nobody left :D

The trouble wasn't between the Irish and Croatian fans though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

monkey9 wrote: »
    Hold on, there is actual footage of Russian fans leaving their seats after the match and trying to murder a stewart in the stadium at the Euros! And yes, i call that attempted murder. Literally kicking and stamping on a person when they are down is attempted murder as far as i'm concerned. Why else would you be stomping on them.

This wasn't a documentary. This was video from last night's match!!! Say that was Croke Park. Say that was a brother, friend of yours etc, Des. Would your opinion be the same??

jaysus. Have you ever been in a fight outside a nightclub or witnessed one? If this is attempted murder then there are literally hundreds of attempted murders up and down this country every weekend.

I've been in that position unfortunately, both in Ireland and in Riga years ago, when you hit the deck you just cover your head, course they're gonna try kick you!! It's absolutely not attempted murder and i'm speaking with the benefit of hindsight of 17 stitches!!!! Sure you see serious assaults far worse than this in Ireland and England being charged as affray, assault, whatever, it would never ever be charged as attempted murder.

What they did is horrendous and they should be punished but saying they tried to kill the bloke is OTT in the extreme.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭Samich

I'd love to kick each and every one of them square in the balls, twice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

blueser wrote: »
    Didn't stop UEFA back in the eighties when Liverpool thugs shamed English football at Heysel. Indeed, all English clubs were banned from European competition back then because of the actions of braindead idiots who were supporting ONE team.

Was fans from a few different english clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

CiaranC wrote: »
    Laughable thread, ban a federation for the actions of a handful of thugs, get real.

LMAO.

Get yourself into the real world there - thats about the only action that would force the Russian authorities into reasonable action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭wonderfullife

noodler wrote: »
    LMAO.

Get yourself into the real world there - thats about the only action that would force the Russian authorities into reasonable action.

But in the "real world" you have to understand the FA of individual countries can only do so much. They could ban known hooligans, withdraw their passports, ban them........... and STILL be left with a situation where a minority of thugs/gobsh1tes are out to cause trouble.

You can't go banning countries based on the actions of the few. Otherwise you are left in a situation like Ireland, Spain, Greece etc whereby the actions of the few (banks, bankers, poor political decisions) leave the rest of us straddled with monstrous debt, cutbacks and austerity.

In the real world you are going to get out and out thugs in small numbers supporting every nation. It's just life. Throwing them out of the tournament isn't the answer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

kryogen wrote: »
    I don't remember trouble, or at least much trouble in 2002, was there a lot in 04?

I would bet that the last time Germany had something it was trouble free :)

Just a few minor scuffles between German and Polish supporters 2006 in Dortmund, as far as I remember most of them related to the fact, that they were a bit drunk ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,511 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Just a few minor scuffles between German and Polish supporters 2006 in Dortmund, as far as I remember most of them related to the fact, that they were a bit drunk ;)

I believe the Russians rioted in their own country when Japan knocked them out of WC 2002.

They also assualted Irish fans in 2002 during the Moscow qualifier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

noodler wrote: »
    I believe the Russians rioted in their own country when Japan knocked them out of WC 2002.

They also assualted Irish fans in 2002 during the Moscow qualifier.

They went bonkers in some German cities as well. Mad :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,230 ✭✭✭Leftist

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Was fans from a few different english clubs.
    unbelievable. That excuse can't honestly still be going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Fot those advocating expulsion - what do you think the 30,000 or so Russian fans would do before they left Poland if the team was sent home? And what would rhey do in 6 years when everyone arrives for the WC?

All you need to do is remind the Russian FA that the world will be watching them as they are hosting in 6 years, and watch them find out who these guys were. And they know how to punish someone.

And for all the posters who are trotting out the "They have problems with hooliganism and racism" lines - let he who is without sin....

Dickerty wrote: »

And for all the posters who are trotting out the "They have problems with hooliganism and racism" lines - let he who is without sin....

I can't stand this.

Basically excusing it.

Leftist wrote: »
    I can't stand this.

Basically excusing it.

Are you saying I am excusing it? I am talking about people saying this about Russia as if it is unique to them, even though there is plenty of it up and down this country, and the one next door. Just cause we don't have skinheads doesn't mean our behaviour is always better.

Are you saying I am excusing it? I am talking about people saying this about Russia as if it is unique to them, even though there is plenty of it up and down this country, and the one next door. Just cause we don't have skinheads doesn't mean our behaviour is always better.
    if you think our behavour is similar to russians then I suggest you actually go there or engage with them for a while.

The place is an abomination for intolerance and violence towards minority groups.

People talking about a small minority, it's actually not that small at all. And if it was the majority then there would be mass riots.

Leftist wrote: »
    if you think our behavour is similar to russians then I suggest you actually go there or engage with them for a while.

The place is an abomination for intolerance and violence towards minority groups.

People talking about a small minority, it's actually not that small at all. And if it was the majority then there would be mass riots.

Are Ireland and Russia the only two countries in the world, or in the Euros? I am arguing against the idea that Russia are so bad that such an isolated incident should result in immediate banning from the tournament.

Would they say the same about England, or France, or Italy? All of which have issues over the years with both hooliganism and racism, no?

Would they say the same about England, or France, or Italy? All of which have issues over the years with both hooliganism and racism, no?

yes. If any of those countries had the same problem with racism then yes, I would. But they don't to the extent of russia.

As for hooliganism then yes, I would also say the same.

Tbf to the english though they have prevented a lot of known problem supporters from travelling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No one likes the Russians. Dodgy out. Simples

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

UEFA just handed Russia a 6 point suspended deduction for their next Euro qualification campaign.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,796 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

UEFA just handed Russia a 6 point suspended deduction for their next Euro qualification campaign.

What does a suspended deduction mean?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

A suspended points deduction?

How does.....what the.....where will.....what!?

Pudsy33 wrote: »

That's for the Czech game, basically anymore nasty incidents involving Russian fans in Euro 2012 and you lose the 6 points. Really just a public yellow card. They were also fined 125k.

UEFA are in a tricky position with Russia, the crowd trouble worries UEFA sponsors but Sepp in his wisdom handed them the 2018 World Cup so what would the FIFA sponsors think if UEFA had to thrown Russia out of this tournament or suspend them from the next Euros. I can't see ticket sales and advertisement revenue for the 2018 World Cup looking too good if that happened.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pudsy33 wrote: »

They lose six points for their 2016 qualifying campaign if another incident happens in the next three and a half years.

Lets hope we are in the same group is as Russia then :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

So if anything happened inside the stadium against Poland that would trigger the deduction!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Proper order by UEFA. Russia needs to get their fans under control.

Racist taunting, displaying provocative Russian Empire flags at the Czech game, assaulting stewards, provocative marching before the Poland game...all in a couple of days. If this isnt curbed now, could you imagine what it will be like for the 3 weeks in their home country when they host the World Cup.

If they continue to have fan trouble for the rest of the Euros and for the next couple of years leading upto their World Cup, FIFA will have to seriously consider taking the World Cup off them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

How do 'Russia' go about getting their fans under control in Poland?
    It's clear that stern warnings and finger wagging against people like this do little or nothing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

How do 'Russia' go about getting their fans under control in Poland?
    It's clear that stern warnings and finger wagging against people like this do little or nothing.

I think what UEFA did was the right thing. At least now fans have consequences for their actions.

Even if one of the Russian fans who still doesn't care and starts causing hassle, there will be a couple of hundred other Russian fans who will care about the consequences and would try to stop him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It doesn't extend to the couple of hundred arrests yesterday then, which included plenty of Russians? Just stuff in the stadium? No scumbag behavious outside the stadium counts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,630 ✭✭✭steelcityblues

Bull decision. Take the Russian FA to task by all means, but how will the players be motivated if they are already -6 pts when starting their campaign?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

kryogen wrote: »
    It doesn't extend to the couple of hundred arrests yesterday then, which included plenty of Russians? Just stuff in the stadium? No scumbag behavious outside the stadium counts?

I'd assume so but don't know for definite. Would set a precedent if so, I amn't aware of football Associations being charged for disturbances in cities before or after matches.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

With all this bashing the Russian fans, does anyone know if UEFA have done anything to stop Croatian fans displaying pictures of two convicted War Criminals at Euro 2012 matches? The flare throwing yesterday and the trouble in Poznan must surely be getting UEFA attention.
    hrvati-euro-4.jpg

Advertisement