Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favorite toasted sandwich

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Uncle_moe

Brennans white bread, heinz mayonnaise, stilton, avocado and bacon. Cheese has to be oozing out the side.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 pinta

The hottest substance known to man is the tomato in a cheese & tomato toastie, roasts the lips and chin off ye. Jam is molten too.

The crimbo ones are good, turkey ham & stuffing with brown sause.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

meatball subway:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

George Foreman.
    Legend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,120 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Tuna & hardboiled egg with a little mayo. Hevan't had such a thing in years but it was part of my staple diet during my college years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

chipper chips (with plenty of salt and vinegar obviously) tom ketchup and a fried egg with runny yolk, gently placed between two slices of white bread that's butter both sides then introduced to the george formbey, then turned cloakwise 90 degrees to get the criss cross design. a feast for both the eats and belly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭Mrs Fox

meatball subway:D

Ooooooooooh I love 'em! With jalapeños and molten cheese

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Croque Monsieur tbh, a proper one, in France.

Failing that, I do this from time to time.

Dip two slices of bread into whisked egg, so they are coated.

Fry one side of one slice, then turn it. Onto the cooked side put ham, branston pickle and plastic cheese, while the underside is cooking, you are also cooking one side of the other slice of bread. Once that is done, place the cooked side of the second slice on top of the filling, then turn the whole thing over, to cook the remaining side of the second slice of bread.

It's bleedin delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 CurlieSue

white bread, butter, ketchup and cooked sausages in a toasted sandwich maker........ devine!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Tuna, sundried tomatoes, and strong cheddar. Maybe a bit of seafood sauce thrown on after it comes off the grill. :D

• Advertisement

when it comes to tuna toasties, they are always improved by a few cheese and onion thick crinkle cut crisps. mr perri being my particular choice of crisp for this instance. adds a bit of crunch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

So many toastie options to choose from...

I'd have to go for Brown Batch bread with cheese, ham and Ballymaloe (is this thread sponsored by them?)

Other contenders would be barbecued sausages on toasted white with brown sauce, or mozzarella, ham and sweet chilli sauce in a quesadilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

So many toastie options to choose from...

I'd have to go for Brown Batch bread with cheese, ham and Ballymaloe (is this thread sponsored by them?)

Other contenders would be barbecued sausages on toasted white with brown sauce, or mozzarella, ham and sweet chilli sauce in a quesadilla.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,316 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Good ham, vine tomatoes, fresh crispy lettuce with cracked black pepper over all of it.

(Accompanied by a cup of tea and packet of cheese & onion crisps!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

Occasionally I'll make me a reuben. Rye bread, pastrami, whatever cheese I have laying about, sauerkraut, and dressing.

medium.jpg

Reindeer wrote: »
    Occasionally I'll make me a reuben. Rye bread, pastrami, whatever cheese I have laying about, sauerkraut, and dressing.

medium.jpg

a bit of butter on that toast wouldn't go a miss

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

lookitsme wrote: »
    a bit of butter on that toast wouldn't go a miss

Oh, I do like butter. But on that toast there is something a tad better - BACON GREASE ;)

We had thick country bacon(A thick stripey bacon) for breakfast that day. I always save the grease.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

foccacia italian bread,sweet onion jam,ballymaloe relish,olives,roast pepper,roast red onions all mixed up on the bread,grilled or microwaved for about 2 - 3 minutes - lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,504 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Real turkey ( left over from a roast like) and cashel blue toastie. On any bread you like done in a toasted sambo maker ....
    Or cheddar cheese and chive/onion done under the grill but buttered on the outside ....

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Croque Madame - fresh white bread, really good ham, gruyere, mornay sauce, toasted then fried egg on top

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,605 ✭✭✭OakeyDokey

Whisk egg, add cheese, ham, mushrooms, onions, chopped bacon mix together. Butter slices of bread and pore on bread.. Bake in oven for 15mins on 210'C Absolutely devine!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 DuvetCover

Cheese, Onion and tomato. Simple and delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Left over bolognase meat/sauce, and grated mozzerella. Instead of spreading butter on the outside of the bread, use garlic butter.

Careful, contents will be very hot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Grated corned beef (any tinned stuff will do), grated cheese, finely chopped onion (not too much). Mix all together and add to sandwich. Stick in toastie maker....a bit messy inside but total heaven :) Or if you have some cooked sausages left over, use them instead of corned beef.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭mud

Jalapeno hummus, cheese, raw spinach, rashers and cherry tomatoes; done in a George Foreman or one of those plastic toastie bags. Starving now! Usually use a wrap but like thick brown seedy sliced bread also.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I like plain old grilled cheese with cold dill pickle and a cold glass of chocolate milk. Toasty buttery bread creamy mild cheese and blast of sour dill with sweet chocolate- all the flavors I love.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

lookitsme wrote: »
    just had a toasted ham, cheese, red onion sandwich with ballymaloe relish on white bread. Done under the grill not in a toasted sambo maker so to avoid hot cheese soup. Whats the best tasting and best method toastie?

Has to be egg, red onion, M&S onion marmalade, tomato and chicken - don't touch Ballymaloe anything since, well, you know...... never again.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭RubyK

Bacon, pineapple (sprinkled with chilli flakes), onion, lettuce :o and cheese. No butter, garlic mayo instead, on ciabatta, toasted on the george foreman. Delish.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

vicwatson wrote: »
    Has to be egg, red onion, M&S onion marmalade, tomato and chicken - don't touch Ballymaloe anything since, well, you know...... never again.
    You'll put egg in a toastie but not cheese? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

You'll put egg in a toastie but not cheese? :eek:

And the problem is?

Advertisement