Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your favorite toasted sandwich

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

vicwatson wrote: »
    And the problem is?
    Cheese makes a toasted sandwich!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭EZ24GET

I know a guy who hates the very idea of cheese. If the girl at the drive thru asks if he wants cheese on his burger he freaks out saying "If I wanted cheese I'd of asked for a bleeping cheeseburger you ignorant bleep!"

Be warned what you say to a cheese hater... :p

I personally love cheese. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Cheese makes a toasted sandwich!

Horses for courses, each to the own etc etc, I don't like cheese in this toasted sandwich, you might, I don't, what's the biggie? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Horses for courses, each to the own etc etc, I don't like cheese in this toasted sandwich, you might, I don't, what's the biggie? ;)
    No biggie. You're entitled to your opinion, and I was simply expressing mine; which is what discussion forums are for, are they not? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

EZ24GET wrote: »
    I know a guy who hates the very idea of cheese. If the girl at the drive thru asks if he wants cheese on his burger he freaks out saying "If I wanted cheese I'd of asked for a bleeping cheeseburger you ignorant bleep!"

Be warned what you say to a cheese hater... :p

I personally love cheese. :D

I'd be with your mate on this one. Can't stand cheese in any form.
    Ask him what it's like to go to functions and all the finger food is cheese based. Standing around starving while everyone else feeds their faces. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

old gregg wrote: »
    I'd be with your mate on this one. Can't stand cheese in any form.

what happens when someone wants to take a group photo with you in it, everyone with there big "say cheese" smiles looking happy and then you in the front with a sour look on your face.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

No biggie. You're entitled to your opinion, and I was simply expressing mine; which is what discussion forums are for, are they not? :cool:

Oh for cheesus sake, calm :D

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

don't touch Ballymaloe anything since, well, you know...... never again.

I worked with a guy who called ballymaloe relish "peado sauce"

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

lookitsme wrote: »

And that's more than enough of that. Any further discussions about Ballymaloe that's not about food will result in an immediate ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 695 ✭✭✭Darkginger

Cheese and Patak's Brinjal pickle, butter on the outside, done in a proper toasted sandwich machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,755 ✭✭✭Hande hoche!

Ham,cheese and mustard. Either Colman's or Lakeshore strong Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 cobear

Pretty much anything with Ballymaloe relish is amazing!

Also chicken, grated cheddar, peppers and sundried tomatoes. so. good! Good on bread or pitta bread :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭OldeCinemaSoz

lookitsme wrote: »

That made me spaff me chicken, cheese, tomato and yorkshire relish
    sambo all over me keyboard.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

toasted baguette with cajun sauce, jalapenos, bbq ribs, red onion and melted cheddar is my fav

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭molly09

sun dried tomatoes, roasted red peppers, Moz cheese, red onions and pinapple:D

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Tuna, cheese, loads of red onion and Ballymaloe relish, mighty stuff.

bakery near here sells something called "cream bread" (if anyone knoiws how to make this please tell it is sort of a secret) It is round and toasted with ham or chicken salad it is lovely, Or just toasted with sweet creamy buttertoo. Now I've made myself hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭cristoir

Fried bread-crumbed chicken with bacon, lettuce and some smoked Gouda in a wrap. Toasted in the oven.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Chewabacca

Made a french toastie today. Like a grilled cheese but dipped it in egg like french toast. Was absolutely fantastic, best comfort food I've had.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,698 ✭✭✭Corvo

Oh I'm a boring old git unfortunately!

It's always Ham, Cheese, Onion, Bell Pepper and Tomato.

Must try the Ballymaloe relish.

• Advertisement

Chewabacca wrote: »
    Made a french toastie today. Like a grilled cheese but dipped it in egg like french toast. Was absolutely fantastic, best comfort food I've had.

Sort of a monte cristo but they have thin turkey and ham. Now I'm hungry thinking about one...:)

Today I had some poppy vienna bread, butter, ham, leftover chicken breast from yesterday's roast, massive clumps of lettuce, and Ballymaloe relish all chucked together into the George Foreman just to give it a bit of browning.

Delicious!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,805 ✭✭✭Setun

I've just gotten very hungry all of a sudden, wonder why? :rolleyes:

If myself and the gf are both at home for lunch, we love to make what we jokingly call "The Boss Sandwich" - chopped red onion and tomato, mature gouda cheese with parmesan and basil/thyme/rosemary on top, all on a ciabatta and cooked under the grill. Yum.

Advertisement