Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it a bit common to have Irish flags

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

If it was Rugby...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

CavanCrew wrote: »
    If it was Rugby...

Different matter entirely rugby should get adulation

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

toexpress wrote: »
    Different matter entirely rugby should get adulation

You mean Tommy Bowe. Mmmmm.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Abi wrote: »
    I think it's quite comical actually. Any other day in the year that Ireland isn't playing internationally it's called a shit hole by the masses. They'd be the very ones decking out their houses and cars with bunting, flags and donning face paint when the football does roll around. Hypocritical doesn't even come close to covering this shower.
    Would you ever climb down out of your own arse,your the very type who aspires to be a desperate Dublin housewife character looking down your nose at people for being patriotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭lookitsme

Am getting a Union Jack now I have to just for the looks on faces would be worth it ...

why would you get a union jack? that flag doesn't represent any team in the euro's. by all means put up a english flag if you support the team or country but putting up a union jack just to try annoy others is a bit childish IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Yeah if you bothered to read any of my posts I clearly stated that it was not my taste to have bunting/flags outside of my house but I respected the fact that others wish to do it anything else was just a joke really

Yeah, because trying to provoke a negative reaction is an obvious sign of your undying respect. Not to mention the fact that you consider your neighbours to be common, simply because they decided to throw up some bunting.

I guess your mantra is: "No disrespect, but I don't respect you".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

Sappa wrote: »
    Would you ever climb down out of your own arse,your the very type who aspires to be a desperate Dublin housewife character looking down your nose at people for being patriotic.

Judgey judgey. One shouldn't judge when you're more than likely another one of these fake patriots. You were dying to label me as one of these, but you know nothing about me.

At least I've the honesty to call a spade a spade, rather than get locked with the rest of those that come down with a dose of fake patriotism ridiculing anyone that won't hang a load of cheap crap out of my house.

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

Judgey judgey. One shouldn't judge when you're more than likely another one of these fake patriots. You were dying to label me as one of these, but you know nothing about me.

At least I've the honesty to call a spade a spade, rather than get locked with the rest of those that come down with a dose of fake patriotism ridiculing anyone that won't hang a load of cheap crap out of my house.
    The match is starting no time for you go paint your nails or top up on the Botox.

The match is starting no time for you go paint your nails or top up on the Botox.

Nadam se da Irska gubi samo za vas.

Unused Irish flag bunting and car flag kit for sale, now half price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

:D:D Now now Abi :D:D

Putting them back out :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Ah now, back in it and still two games to go.

Although I did consider removing the flag from my car as well.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

realies wrote: »
    Putting them back out :-)

Bosoms or bunting?

Nodin wrote: »
    Bosoms or bunting?

Bosoms of course :D what you thinking man :)

irish-stew wrote: »
    Ah now, back in it and still two games to go.
    I was informed, I'm not watching :p

I'm watching the canadian GP here, had it recorded (:
    Although I did consider removing the flag from my car as well.

I'll give ya a Euro for them now Abs.

:(

irish-stew wrote: »
    I'll give ya a Euro for them now Abs.

:(

For you, I'm sorry pal. Sure I'll give them to you for nuttings now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Someone around the corner from me has their papal bunting out (yellow and white, for the uninitiated) and a big eucharistic congress '50' thing in the front window.

Have to say, it looks way better than the Irish bunting for some reason..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Nodin wrote: »
    ....when you eventually do ballad night in the local and sing your original composition "Cromwell, the darlin of Erin", don't post here with your unbroken limb looking for sympathy.

So anyone who doesn't share your hardcore Republican views will be dealt with violence? Charming. The Shinners haven't changed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 210 ✭✭SMASH THE UNIONS

Pandora2 wrote: »
    This is outside my friends house in West Belfast!!

Do they still have murals glorifying dead knackers in West Belfast? Last time I was there I couldn't wait to get out of the place...what a kip. Tricolours everywhere like dogs píssing to mark their terrority.

For you, I'm sorry pal. Sure I'll give them to you for nuttings now :pac:

You'd have to pay me to take them now.

:p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Alison O'Riordan, is that you?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Magill wrote: »
    Got our flag out ! looks great, even has a Leeds crest in the middle (Hopefully not a sign of how we'll do at the euros tho !). Quite a few others with their flags out. No bunting tho.

Now that's the ultimate in tacky. Adorning our country's flag with the crest of an English club. What's all that about!? I'll never understand that carry on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭wow sierra

Can we leave them up and pretend they are for the Olympics - I'm sure we will win something in that;);)

As regards whether its common or not - Soccer is more popular among "working class" or "common" people so therefore more bunting in those areas. I think they look great and create a good buzz around the place - that is until those Croatians wrecked our buzz:(:(

I saw loads of flags on cars at the Golf Club this morning - but that probably just means Golf has got common, not that Soccer is posh;)

Loads of flags bunting etc in my estate and on my house and car.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

So not quite the patriotic Croat your sig implies then?

Funny that.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Vanderbilt

Its as common as mook, and I'm as posh as fook, so no.

Though it is has its advantages in making it easier to spot the lotto winners and tax dodgers living in the professional classes areas :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Get off your high horse u spa this is what the euros and world cup is about the whole country could do with something to cheer about...

By the way i have two flags and a **** load of buntons outside my place.... And i love it!!!!!!!!!!
    COYBIG....

I think this post proves that the answer to the thread question is "yes".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,455 ✭✭✭✭Monty Burnz

borzaboy wrote: »
    The people in blackrock should start showing a bit of support for there country!
    Showing it to whom? Who does it benefit? I'm sure they will be shouting at the telly just as loudly as we get hockeyed by Spain and Italy, or limp out of the tournament with some sort of 'moral victory' (i.e. a defeat or draw).

It looks like the bandwagon sports fans will be staying with the rugby provinces for a while yet.

Advertisement