Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FETAC Course after doing H.Dip

• 09-06-2012 10:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭

I have just completed the Professional Diploma in Education (Known as the H.Dip).

I have begun to send out CV's and applied for Jobs seen on the websites and newspapers.

Been realistic I know I probably won't even get an interview.

Going back to college to do a Masters is out of the question for money reasons and experience needed to Masters in Education.

I am thinking of applying to do a FETAC course (Level 5) in Youth Studies.

I know I will be driven mad in September if I have nothing to do.

I wonder is this a good move?

I be grateful of any suggestions!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

Personally I don't a Level 5 course would really make your CV stick out from others.

I think you would be better off contacting schools about doing subbing, join your subject association and try and do as much CPD as possible. ICEP do online courses which probably would look better on the CV and are inexpensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭electoralshock

I never knew them courses existed.

Looking at the ICEP website the courses seem relevant and are flexible.

I am excited of doing one now.

I plan to go around to schools and see if they have any subbing.

Thanks a million for your advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,812 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It might be worth investigating whether there is a Teacher Centre too, they co-ordinate subbing to some extent. I don't know who runs them, if you know any teachers, or ring one of the local schools and ask do they get subs from a teacher centre.

Advertisement