Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bike License Restriction Codes

• 10-06-2012 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi

I have recently passed my bike test and sent my driving license off to be updated, however when it in the restrictions informations section it just has 0170, the restriction codes for corrective lenses.

It does not mention any power or engine restrictions, but obviously the date in the from column is the date I passed the test.

Shouldn't the license show the restrictions or is everyone like that?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

it won't show it as a code, it will show you have a licence now valid for 2 years, which is the restricted licence and it will show the full licence having a valid from date as being 2 years from the licence issue date...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Mrs A

eurofoxy wrote: »
    it won't show it as a code, it will show you have a licence now valid for 2 years, which is the restricted licence and it will show the full licence having a valid from date as being 2 years from the licence issue date...

Ahhh, I think I've worked it out... My licence expires in July 2013, which is before the restriction ends. So the unrestricted A line is empty.

Which is my next issue - I'm moving to the UK, if I trade in my licence will they issue the full licence in 2 years or should I stick with the Irish one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

trading in the licence is required in some countries but i am not so sure about the uk, i think not but i bet kamikaze will be along soon enough to answer that one,

I live in the netherlands currently and am required to change my licence but since they do not have a restricted category i was told to just hold onto my current one till the restriction is up..

did you get a full licence? as it should show dates in the 2 categories of licence, with the full licence not being valid until 2 years after you submitted the papers for your licence

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Mrs A wrote: »
    Ahhh, I think I've worked it out... My licence expires in July 2013, which is before the restriction ends. So the unrestricted A line is empty.

Which is my next issue - I'm moving to the UK, if I trade in my licence will they issue the full licence in 2 years or should I stick with the Irish one?

You could change the licence in the UK if you want but it's not a legal requirement. The advantages are that it will be valid until your 65 and it will be like a credit card.
    If your not planning on staying that long then leave it as is. The code for corrective lenses is 01, 70 means you have exchanged your licence. Your restriction will automatically be removed after the 2 years from date of first full licence. If the unrestricted part of your licence is blank (No Date) then it may be because you have a full licence for another category and it runs out before your 2 years are up. It will show on your new one if that's the case.

Advertisement