Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tv returns

Options
  • 10-06-2012 12:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭

I bought tv in DID electrical shop 3 days ago. Can I return this tv and get full money refund?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

In a word No.

In may words - you have no right to this but some stores offer it as part of their returns policy which they are bound by.

Is it faulty? Have you opened it? Are you returning it becuase you found an identical one cheaper?

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭bondja80

Because this tv do not have vga (pc) input. And also when I connect to pc with hdmi cable, when I play movie on pc, it start to loosing sound every 2 seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 894 ✭✭✭filmbuffboy

bondja80 wrote: »
    Because this tv do not have vga (pc) input. And also when I connect to pc with hdmi cable, when I play movie on pc, it start to loosing sound every 2 seconds.

that could be a problem with the pc rather than the tv. you should ascertain what the problem is exactly before returning anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

you could try a higher quality HDMI cable, I had the same problem with my LG and it sorted it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,311 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Agent_99 wrote: »
    you could try a higher quality HDMI cable, I had the same problem with my LG and it sorted it.

HDMI cables either work or they don't, all they do is transmit ones and zeroes.
    Quality has nothing to do with it.
    A €5 cable will do the exact same job as a €50 cable.

OP, don't be conned into buying a "gold-plated, super-duper high quality" cable.

• Advertisement

that could be a problem with the pc rather than the tv. you should ascertain what the problem is exactly before returning anything.

But, when I connect my speakers, sound is not loosing

I bought 1m hdmi cable in 2 euro market for 2e.

Where can I buy good and cheap hdmi cable in dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paultf

bondja80 wrote: »
    Where can I buy good and cheap hdmi cable in dublin?

Argos have a good selection. An Alba one for only €6.49. Good reviews. (I haven't tried it myself.)

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/5349694/Trail/searchtext%3EHDMI+CABLE.htm

Advertisement