Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

house parties wrecking your head

• 10-06-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭

what do you do when the neighbours behind your gaffe have the music blaring out into the night? a party indoors is one thing. in the back garden with a dj playing old time music for some pensioner is another matter.

the guards apparently can do nothing.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I'd love my neighbors to have a party going now, you should join them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

It's not a problem where I live, but earplugs would help, except when you need to get up early and be woken by an alarm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Gardaí CAN act under the relatively new 'ASBO' legislation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Set up a chip van outside their front drive.

You'll make a killing in about 3 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 30 polskafanka

Fuinseog wrote: »
    what do you do when the neighbours behind your gaffe have the music blaring out into the night? a party indoors is one thing. in the back garden with a dj playing old time music for some pensioner is another matter.

Unfortunately - most people are ignorants with no manners and imagination.
    I would go to talk to them, but next they when they are sober. Drunk people can be very difficult to talk too..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,371 ✭✭✭Fuinseog

I'd love my neighbors to have a party going now, you should join them.

perry como and frank sinatra blaring out at this hour? my house pets went ape**** and started jumping around the place youngest person there is sixty and they are the very people who complain about the youth of today.

perry como and frank sinatra blaring out at this hour? my house pets went ape**** and started jumping around the place youngest person there is sixty and they are the very people who complain about the youth of today.

You could probably beat them all up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,200 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Bring over a bottle of wine, may be add some sleeping pills to it first or bleach what ever you have laying around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Do you have anything in your house that can produce a sh1tload of noise that they don't know you have? Bring this out at 9 in the morning or something when they're just recovering and getting to sleep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

at 12:30 is not a late hour what are you my granny or something? come back when its still going at 7:30 tomorrow and you might have a complaint.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 140 ✭✭lostboy

they should all be going to bed pretty soon, before waking up at 7AM the obvious thing to do is blare some ****e music at 5

at 12:30 is not a late hour what are you my granny or something? come back when its still going at 7:30 tomorrow and you might have a complaint.

-some people have to get up at 6 - even on Sunday! Can you imagine that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

It's a nice Saturday night during the Euros!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

It's not exactly 4 in the morning and frank Sinatra makes a nice change. I'm going to assume this doesn't happen all the time.
    You're as young as you feel and you sound like an oap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Half the people at that party will be up at 6.

But that's because they're old & have to go for a piss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

OP
    I take it because the are oap's and the Perry Como thing that this is a celebration and not a house party?

So therefore I imagine it is a one off?
    If so, don't make a big deal out of it. Not worth falling out with people over that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

My neighbours behind me are always having parties and I always want to go! I was thinking if it looks kinda big I just kinda slip in and if anyone asks I say I know Mike.

I've thought this through a lot.

Noise regs don't state times-so noise can be noise no matter what the time of day or night. It's the duration of the noise that can constitute a noise or even a once-off very loud noise can be deemed to be in breach of the noise regs. If it intereferes with someone's peace and enjoyment of their own home then yes, they have a case.
    The Gardaí now have a lot of powers under the ASBO legislation to deal with issues like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Climb the back wall, stand on it, zip down your zipper, pull out your lad & do what comes naturally...

Half the people at that party will be up at 6.

But that's because they're old & have to go for a piss.

You made me feel sad and I just realised I am old -I have to do that on my days off! :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Ha, my neighbours are dead, the only party around here was a wake.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Sorry bout that OP. We'll keep it down. Promise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

Where ye living brother rabbit, I need a party on the ASAP before I crack up only so much of the estate you can watch before wanting to unleash yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

One wonders why we have them then, expensive pen pushers.

is that reserved for teenagers or people in general? this shower are middle class, albeit pretty ignorant.
    I went over to ask what time they intended ending the music. they ignored me. The dj was singing and I interrupted him, which he did not like but when you are trying to get a kip and experiencing mayhem in your own house you do not care.
    the guards eventually arrived cos I rang them three times in the space of half an hour and had a word with them. that is the best they can do. some of the guests started to leave when they arrived and they have since quitened down a bit.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

are you up for work in the morning or something?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Unfortunately - most people are ignorants with no manners and imagination.
    I would go to talk to them, but next they when they are sober. Drunk people can be very difficult to talk too..

Yeah most people are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Quit complaining. They're old and how many years have they left in fairness. Let them enjoy themselves while they're still able to do that kind of thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

Do you own a garden hose?

• Advertisement

firstly the music is ****e so why should I be subjected to it in my own house with all door and windows closed?
    I was trying to watch the box in peace.

legally speaking it seems you can play your music as loud as you want, whenever you and there is no law against that. something amiss there.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Mickey Lover

is that reserved for teenagers or people in general? this shower are middle class, albeit pretty ignorant.
    I went over to ask what time they intended ending the music. they ignored me. The dj was singing and I interrupted him, which he did not like but when you are trying to get a kip and experiencing mayhem in your own house you do not care.
    the guards eventually arrived cos I rang them three times in the space of half an hour and had a word with them. that is the best they can do. some of the guests started to leave when they arrived and they have since quitened down a bit.

Party Pooper

If your unhappy with your working hours I suggest you get a new job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

get a paintball gun.

No it's not reserved for teenagers! Can be used on anyone! Make a note in a diary of what time you called to them and what was said etc. If it happens again you can speak to the COMMUNITY Garda for your area and he/she will know about the ASBO legislation. Google the ASBO legislation for your own knowledge-you'll find info on citizens advice website.

lostboy wrote: »
    they should all be going to bed pretty soon, before waking up at 7AM the obvious thing to do is blare some ****e music at 5

true, but then I piss off my neighbours. i will just **** on their doorstep instead.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,131 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

I thought there was an 11pm curfew on unnecessary noise, like loud music, etc?

firstly the music is ****e so why should I be subjected to it in my own house with all door and windows closed?
    I was trying to watch the box in peace.

legally speaking it seems you can play your music as loud as you want, whenever you and there is no law against that. something amiss there.

Frank Sinatra is not ***e music.

tdv123 wrote: »

it may come as a surprise but not everyone works 9-5 and only mon to friday.

if it were teenagers or students making the noise it would be one thing, but its folks who at their age should know better.

tdv123 wrote: »

Did I say I have get up at 6 :pac: ?I dont, but I think about other people!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I asked this already but you didn't say OP.........

Is this every weekend that they are doing this?

• Advertisement

Climb the back wall, stand on it, zip down your zipper, pull out your lad & do what comes naturally...

sounds good in theory, but I have to live here and that would probably get me prosecuted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

Funnily enough the people behind me are having a party too

mishkalucy wrote: »
    I asked this already but you didn't say OP.........

Is this every weekend that they are doing this?

no

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11 lizmangan

Do wat I do on the way to work at 6 am just blast music out of ur car make sure u drive about 2 miles ahour out of ur estate with Windows down and the bass up full blast. Noone ever says anything to me they just Facebook it about not been able to sleep lol I am always the last one laughing...

Did I say I have get up at 6 :pac: ?I dont, but I think about other people!

Well anybody who's unhappy with there working hours should get a new job then.

Muir wrote: »
    Funnily enough the people behind me are having a party too

most parties are indoors. the noise does not carry as much and the speakers are not as powerful.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

sounds good in theory, but I have to live here and that would probably get me prosecuted.
    Well it would get the guards to respond faster, or a few auld wans would drag you off the wall & do...things...
    It's a risk you need to take.

lizmangan wrote: »
    Do wat I do on the way to work at 6 am just blast music out of ur car make sure u drive about 2 miles ahour out of ur estate with Windows down and the bass up full blast. Noone ever says anything to me they just Facebook it about not been able to sleep lol I am always the last one laughing...

Does that not piss off everyone else in the estate as well?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

You have to complain to you local council of noise complaints as it's not a Garda matter.

As for the party, Gardai can only pop out and have a chat with them but cant really do anything if it's on their own property.

• Advertisement
Advertisement