Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Middle finger posers

• 10-06-2012 12:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭

What's up with these people who put up at least one middle finger (usually both) in nearly every photo taken of them ?? Any album I go through on facebook or whatever from a night out or a session, theres always some wannabe constantly doing this, f***ing ruining the photo and being a complete tard.

I honestly feel like throwing a handful of my own ****e at them. :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

A picture from the "dirty stuff you've seen in night clubs" thread comes to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

I don't see how it's ruining the photo really, unless it's at a wedding or some such. Never do it myself but honestly doesn't bother me at all when others do.

You should check out the ranting and raving forum OP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Posers generally piss me off. Middle finger or no middle finger.

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

The sucked in cheeks & lips like a fish...fcuk offfffff!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,879 ✭✭✭Coriolanus

Could be worse op. Some people have to watch their loved ones die a painful, prolonged miserable death. Bit of perspective, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭MaxSteele

mackg wrote: »
    I don't see how it's ruining the photo really, unless it's at a wedding or some such. Never do it myself but honestly doesn't bother me at all when others do.

You should check out the ranting and raving forum OP

Ah you know the ones I'm on about ... won't crack a smile, but will try pull their best intimidating hard man face, even though they're attention seeking gimps.

Maybe if you were at least pulling a smile, instead of pretending you're posing with members of N.W.A

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Worst is the fools who through gang signs, W, west siiiiide.

Yeah, I bet you there's gangsters in L.A. quivering at the prospect of you, a 20 year old with a can of dutch gold in rural Galway. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Elvis_Presley

MaxSteele wrote: »
    What's up with these people who put up at least one middle finger (usually both) in nearly every photo taken of them ?? Any album I go through on facebook or whatever from a night out or a session, theres always some wannabe constantly doing this, f***ing ruining the photo and being a complete tard.

maybe you should find some non-retarded friends

Ah the trout pout.. Sexy as roadkill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

they could be having a better time then you..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

Please don't use the word tard.

Coriolanus wrote: »
    Could be worse op. Some people have to watch their loved ones die a painful, prolonged miserable death. Bit of perspective, eh?
    From you, definitely.

Johro wrote: »
    Ah the trout pout.. Sexy as roadkill.
    Yep. I'm sexy & so everyone else knows it I'll pose like a tranny at a photo op.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Shryke wrote: »

How is "mentally challenged" then?

Yep. I'm sexy & so everyone else knows it I'll pose like a tranny at a photo op.
    And remember to tilt your head down and look up, makes your eyes look HUGE.

maybe you should find some non-retarded friends

I'm speaking in general. Fortunately I don't have friends like that.

And remember to tilt your head down and look up, makes your eyes look HUGE.
    Shoulders back, tits out & your arm around another cretin pulling the same face that you normally would cross the road to avoid but in that photo you're like BFFS totes amaze balls, like seriously.

Ah you know the ones I'm on about ... won't crack a smile, but will try pull their best intimidating hard man face, even though they're attention seeking gimps.

Maybe if you were at least pulling a smile, instead of pretending you're posing with members of N.W.A
    Leeg17 wrote: »

Yeah, I bet you there's gangsters in L.A. quivering at the prospect of you, a 20 year old with a can of dutch gold in rural Galway. :rolleyes:

To be fair I don't think I know anyone who does either of these things in an attempt to look hard, anyone I know who does it is taking the piss.

That they do unfortuantely ....

Are you trying to cure me of my narrow - mindedness for posting a thread ? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Are these people sticking up their finger in the rude way?
    Do lots of people do this? Why? It's just nasty.

I really am completely out of touch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

johngalway wrote: »
    Shryke wrote: »

How is "mentally challenged" then?

Or mongoloid?

That they do unfortuantely ....

Are you trying to cure me of my narrow - mindedness for posting a thread ? :confused:
    Don't worry about it. Anyone can gatecrash any thread with 'yeah but a child dies every four seconds' , the world's a cruel place but it doesn't really relate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭The Internet Explorer

In my humble opinion, I think it's more of a "F*** off with your ****ing camera already"

Or in my case "**** you mother****er ! My picture is my property, I do not want my picture taken. If you insist on capturing MY image in time, without my consent, you will do so on my terms.

To be fair I don't think I know anyone who does either of these things in an attempt to look hard, anyone I know who does it is taking the piss.

You don't know people around here so, trust me :p

Yeah I regularly hit up eyre square, tear up supermacs and share photos of my dangerous escapades to everyone.

I'm speaking in general. Never drank that piss in my life either.:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

Or mongoloid?

Oooooo that's a good'un!

Yeah I regularly hit up eyre square, tear up supermacs and share photos of my dangerous escapades to everyone.

I'm speaking in general. Never drank that piss in my life either.:rolleyes:
    He's not talking about you.

What did you just call me? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Hate this too OP, I just want to go over and snap their finger off!

• Advertisement

:o I think you're right. I thought he was being sarcastic.

Sorry Leeg17.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,445 ✭✭✭Riddle101

When a famous person does it, it's bound to be picked eventually by normal people. Rappers like Eminem used to pose for pictures by sticking their middle fingers up, because apparently it looked badass. I'm guessing it caught on with people and they just imitated them. Just like rock/heavy metal stars doing the devil horns, rock and metal fans also do it as well.

What did you just call me? :mad:
    Huh? Who? What?

:o I think you're right. I thought he was being sarcastic

I wish :(:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,859 ✭✭✭✭Sharpshooter

Riddle101 wrote: »
    When a famous person does it, it's bound to be picked eventually by normal people. Rappers like Eminem used to pose for pictures by sticking their middle fingers up, because apparently it looked badass. I'm guessing it caught on with people and they just imitated them. Just like rock/heavy metal stars doing the devil horns, rock and metal fans also do it as well.

Johnny Cash at San Quentin.

Thee most famous Middle Finger!

Huh? Who? What?

:P:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭flutterflye

To finger paint is not a sin, I put my middle finger in, your monthly blood is what I win, I'm in your house now let me spin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

What is everyone on about, i'm picturing this;
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlQ72anBXM5GX1hOAIdHkbx9BCPO2UoM3n5buTxfZ2-TObAh-aaA
    Which to me means "F*** off", is that what you mean?

Senna wrote: »
    What is everyone on about, i'm picturing this;
    http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlQ72anBXM5GX1hOAIdHkbx9BCPO2UoM3n5buTxfZ2-TObAh-aaA
    Which to me means "F*** off", is that what you mean?

............... Yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

............... Yes

Riiiigggghhhhhhtttttttttttt.............if you do that in every picture, you're a twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Ah photos and the spas who need to record every moment of their otherwise dull and dreary existence..

Not for me though, as roughly 95% of photos I get roped into feature my good self pulling a face like I've just smelt a fart that was dealt a moment or two before the photo was taken.

Yeah.

What was the question?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

My brother nearly killed his best man for giving the finger in his wedding photo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

I FN hate it but
    Why is that middle finger offence?
    I hate when I see somebody in a photo give the middle finger "gangster" style

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

Are you bitter and old by any chance? The two that thanked you for that post definitely are anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,442 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Chill out man, it's the Peace sign.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=fingers+peace+sign&hl=en&lr=&prmd=imvns&source=lnms&tbm=isch&ei=3mvUT_CFHZCIhQeo6_DYAw&sa=X&oi=mode_link&ct=mode&cd=2&ved=0CEcQ_AUoAQ&biw=951&bih=418

Advertisement