Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Greg Oden

Options
  • 10-06-2012 12:48am
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Was just thinking back to the Oden V Durant 2007 NBA draft and was wondering if Oden would ever come back and make an impact in the NBA when I found this article. It's quite long so I won't copy and paste but the link is below, from Grantland:

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7908766/a-rare-interview-former-no-1-overall-pick-greg-oden-injury-plagued-career

Maybe some things in there that will give others a different opinion of Oden and it's the first time I've ever seen or read a really open interview from him.

Comment from the author on the side of the article - 'it's easy to forget just how promising Greg looked in the fall of 2009. In his last seven games before the fateful game against Houston at home, he averaged 15.6 points, 9.1 rebounds, and 2.4 blocks in just 26 minutes per game, including a 20-rebound performance against Miami in what would be the last full game of his career thus far.''

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on the article and on Oden himself.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

I'd like to see Oden sign with the Suns. Grant Hill was a mess with injuries beofre he joined, they completely rebuilt him so to say. Would be interesting to see what they could do with Oden.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I'd like to see Oden sign with the Suns. Grant Hill was a mess with injuries beofre he joined, they completely rebuilt him so to say. Would be interesting to see what they could do with Oden.

Interesting shout actually. They did the same for Shaq, McDyess and have dealt really well with Nash's chronic back problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭i_am_joey

the suns have an excellent athletic/medical staff, if thats how they call them and the other teams are aware of that.
    makes me think how the lakers will deal with steve's back pain.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Seems like Oden might end up with the Heat, according to multiple league sources.

Advertisement