Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mature Students HELP!!!

• 10-06-2012 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I am looking at the Mature Student side of UCC and maybe its just me but I'm not finding the terms of being a mature student very clear...if I havent lived in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years do I not qualify for free tuition fees as a mature student despite being an Irish Citizen? has anyone else had this problem?? Can someone clear this up for me please? :confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 fiddler09

fifitricks wrote: »
    I am looking at the Mature Student side of UCC and maybe its just me but I'm not finding the terms of being a mature student very clear...if I havent lived in Ireland for 3 out of the last 5 years do I not qualify for free tuition fees as a mature student despite being an Irish Citizen? has anyone else had this problem?? Can someone clear this up for me please? :confused::confused::confused:

Correct

I've had this problem.
    Does the 'State' know of your whereabouts for the past number of years?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 fifitricks

Well I havent been claiming anything from them (dole) or giving them anything such as tax...I have used my Irish bank account alright though to transfer money to and from my current account (eg my Australian account to my Irish and back again)....so I'm assuming they will cop fairly quick I'm not in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 20 engrob

I may be off the mark here, but i recently came back (but to England) from 1 year backpacking in Asia and 2 in Australia and have come across the issue of where I have lived during the past 5 years for a few different things.

To me it was always asking if I was "ordinarily resident" outside of the UK, and I consider myself to have been on a working holiday, and therefore still a resident of the UK the whole time. Nobody would know where I was anyway, but I think even legally it still counts as living in UK even if I was not physically present.

I haven't looked if its the case for your application here, as I'm English I can't apply anyway, but thought it might be worth the heads up

Rob

Advertisement