Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NBA Finals Thread - Oklahoma City Thunder V Miami Heat

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Cheers man. Hopefully he gets going in the 2nd half as do the OKC as a whole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Very disappointed with Wade this postseason, Lebron has totally carried the Heat up to now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

spiralism wrote: »
    Very disappointed with Wade this postseason, Lebron has totally carried the Heat up to now

Wade came up with some huge games against the Pacers to keep them in it.

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Wade came up with some huge games against the Pacers to keep them in it.

Opr

true but he's been very quiet since and Lebron had some huge outings in that series too. He carried them through the Celtics series and has been instrumental so far in this one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭insanity50

Lads LeBron is on fire.

He's like a fucking man possessed out there on the court.

KD seems to be struggling under the pressure.

Great clutch play from him.

3.47 left my lads up by 7.

#DurantAintShit

• Advertisement

I hate this craic about lebron being a bottler and wade and durant being the epitome of clutch. tonight would definitely indicate otherwise. That +1 was massive while wade is doing his level best to blow tonights game

if Heat lose this championship it'll be wade's fault.

looks like a different man to the one we are used to.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Recognition Scene

Durant having to sit early in the 3rd for a dubious 4th foul really turned the game upside down for the Thunder. They were on a major roll at the time. Ridiculous turnover at the end by them though.

Westbrook keeps that selfish diva act up and he might just win Lebron a ring. 9 from 22 and four assists will not win you many games as far as he is concerned ..the games OKC wins are the ones he chips in with about 20 points and 8+ assists as opposed to tonight where he tried to put up a good 40 and failed miserably.

Just saw this on twitter...ouch:
    Metta WorldPeace ‏@MettaWorldPeace
    No brain All beard

For the Lebron haters:

Lebron is going to be 1 of 4 players all time to lead the playoffs in points and rebounds, a list including Duncan, Shaq and Bird

Currently Lebron is 2nd in the post season in assists, just Bird was able to accomplish this feat as well - 1st-1st-2nd

Lebron already has 5.2 win shares this post-season, averaging 30 ppg, Bird had 4.8 and averaged 4.8 win shares

Lebron is also playing defense on the 6'10 scoring champion in the finals and succeeding in outscoring him.

He deserves a ring and Finals MVP. This is his year. Cmon Miami (not a heat fan btw)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

spiralism wrote: »
    He deserves a ring and Finals MVP. This is his year. Cmon Miami (not a heat fan btw)

For me, if he wins a ring, he deserves it. If he doesn't, he doesn't. He's that good that it's completely in his hands.

LeBron, much as I dislike him, is amazing to watch when he's in the zone. He's very Jordan-like in his manner: how he absolutely dominates all areas of the court, how he dismantles other teams and how he makes it look easy as he does so. He's got a fire in him, but he's not like Artest in that he shows this by elbowing other players and causing riots, he shows it by playing amazing basketball. And for any true sports fan, whether you like the man or not, that is always an amazing sight to see: someone being able to channel that fire into 100% effectiveness in their game.

But, for me, winning is as big an attribute as anything else. Some of the most celebrated sports stars ever weren't what you'd class as 'winners', their career honours simply don't stack up to how fondly people recall their time in their sport. But to be considered one of the 'greatest', it's a pretty crucial attribute to have.

In LeBron's actual game, when he's on fire, he shows that he can be one of that elite. But he's yet to back it up. So it's all in his own hands whether he's acquired that 'winning' skill/instinct or not.

So I won't feel for him one bit if he loses, it'll always be a case of him blowing it again if he does. He's that talented that it's as simple as that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭O.P.H

Lebron is the reason I starting watching a lot of basketball 3 years back. To be fair he does things that make you facepalm all the time (i.e the decision, the cockyness etc etc) but to be fair he was put on the cover of Sports Illustrated before he was 18, must be hard keeping the ego in check. But right now, you can see how much he's matured and people who "hate" him are just irrational, illogical and lack sense, he's putting on a show right now. But he does have to win, simple as, basketball is just one of those sports. Hopefully, if he wins this year it might be the start of something special like a Jordan or Kobe run and I personally would luv ta watch that unfold

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

http://malscottbball.blogspot.ie/2012/06/nba-finals-game-3-review.html

My quick little review of game 3. I tend to stay away from technical things :) Have a read if your bored in work etc. :)

Who's watching it tonight?

2am start is a fucking killer, good thing i'm on my summer holidays but jesus nobody likes to have to stay in bed until 1pm having been up until 5.

insanity50 wrote: »
    Who's watching it tonight?

2am start is a fucking killer, good thing i'm on my summer holidays but jesus nobody likes to have to stay in bed until 1pm having been up until 5.

Haha, I hate it even more when I can't stay in bed til 1pm and have to get up early for work the next day. No sympathy from me if having to endure a long lie-on is your biggest complaint. :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Really looking forward to this. Absolutely huge game for the Thunder. Lose this and it's virtually impossible to see Miami not winning 1 of the next 3, so I think the Heat are all but champions with a win tonight.

Once again I'll say I hate the 2-3-2 format. Would be much better with 2-2-1-1-1.

Haha, fair enough, should have kept my mouth shut. #CelticCubProblems ;)

buzzing now for the night. lashing through the game of thrones book 3 atm and have last nights dominoes leftovers and a big bottle of diet coke ready for the game.

Reckon Paulie has it right, tonight is a big clutch game for durant perkins and robinson.

Lebron just seems more composed this year.

You can see him before games/during TOs just closing his eyes, taking a couple of deep breaths, keeping the blood pressure down, and focusing on the task. not letting the occasion get to him. maybe a maturity as a player if anything.

DW needs to seriously sort himself out though. I'm starting to wonder has he peaked. He's thirty but nobody's performance level should drop so dismally at that age. He's single handedly trying to ruin the heats chances.

Battier has really stepped up to the plate though.

All in all, i'm predicting another Miami victory tonight, just feel this is our year.

C'mon OKC, I want a 7 game series!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Love the music they introduced the Thunder with :P

OKC starting well.

• Advertisement

2 fouls on Ibaka already. They had started like a house on fire, Westbrook especially, but I wonder if this will upset their rhythm?

OKC are in #BeastMode

:O

As long as it's Ibaka in foul trouble and not Durant and Westbrook, they'll be fine. They need their offence on fire late on, not as much the defence unless Miami have a game-changing masterplan up their sleeve.

Fast break points doing the business for OKC tonight, just as in game 1. Intensity, intensity and more intensity is the key for them. Hopefully the can keep it up.

insanity50 wrote: »
    All in all, i'm predicting another Miami victory tonight, just feel this is our year.

I don't know about it being Miami's year, but it certainly seems like its LeBron's year. It really feels like he's dragged the team through on his own back. If they win, to make up for his lack of rings the rest of the Heat should give him theirs... although they should spare a couple for the refs who've helped them out along the way, and Bradley/Rose for getting injured! :pac:

Complete stupidity from OKC giving up a 10-0 run there and suddenly their lead is cut to 4 now. Harden and Durant taking two 3 pointers that were never going to fall, a ridiculous turnover and then leaving Cole completely open twice.

Great pace to this game though, come on OKC!

jesus the intensity is phenomenal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

this pace can't last surely!

I'll say this, if the Heat can overturn that big lead from early on and go on to win, it's the dagger and the series wont last til the weekend

leggo wrote: »
    Haha, I hate it even more when I can't stay in bed til 1pm and have to get up early for work the next day. No sympathy from me if having to endure a long lie-on is your biggest complaint. :p

Yeah it's a bitch, I've to be up at 6.30!

Mind you, it's only 9pm here :D

• Advertisement

definitely getting the feeling its lebron's year. he's outdoing himself every night this series...10/6/8 before halftime is some going!

Advertisement