Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Project maths solutions?

• 10-06-2012 10:10am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if there's solution papers to the folens sample papers online or if your teacher did they out would you mind posting up as I reeeaaallllly need them:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭boom boom boom

Same, I need a few answers and the methods on the line and circle. This is gonna be a disaster

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Anyone????

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Nazata

Are there solutions (as in fully worked answers) to the official sample paper around?
    Will let you know if I find some for Folen's declan, but I wouldn't be too optimistic...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Nazata wrote: »
    Are there solutions (as in fully worked answers) to the official sample paper around?
    Will let you know if I find some for Folen's declan, but I wouldn't be too optimistic...

If you go to themathstutor.ie and make an account the guy goes through all the sample sec 2012 questions and there's videos for each question. I only found it yesterday I wish I found it earlier . It's really helpful.

If you go to themathstutor.ie and make an account the guy goes through all the sample sec 2012 questions and there's videos for each question. I only found it yesterday I wish I found it earlier . It's really helpful.

Cool, will do...
    Thanks Mysteriouschic :)

• Advertisement

Themathstutor.ie has no leaving honors stuff so it's useless:(

Just realised that myself :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Wesc.

I'm using them now, and I can guarantee you that many of their answers are wrong. The standard of the questions is actually terrible. So if I were you I wouldn't get too bogged down on a question if you're getting a different answer.

Why do they make sample papers with no solutions!!!!:mad::(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

Here I've found higher level solutions there's both levels.
    It's only the official sec sample though.

http://www.studentxpress.ie/projectmathspapers.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

Here I've found higher level solutions there's both levels.
    It's only the official sec sample though.

http://www.studentxpress.ie/projectmathspapers.html

That site is handy, but some of the solutions are incorrect (not many!).

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Wanchor

If you can get your hands on the Edco exam codes you have solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

Anyone else think the EDCO ones were way harder than Folens?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

That site is handy, but some of the solutions are incorrect (not many!).

Now I'm really worried. I've been using the site and find it fantastic. The layout is soo clear. Which solutions are wrong?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

lostatsea wrote: »
    Now I'm really worried. I've been using the site and find it fantastic. The layout is soo clear. Which solutions are wrong?

Well, I haven't checked them all, but, for the 2012 Higher sample paper 1, Q5(a) it stops after finding the local max and local min, but the question asked for the max and min. As you can see from the diagram in part (b), the max is actually 20, (not 148/27).

In 6A of the 2011 sample paper 2, (proof by contradiction) there's an error in the statement about what it means to assume the given statement is false (should refer to "at least one x" instead of "for all x").

But I don't want to put you off. These are minor faults given the sheer amount of stuff that's there. The site is very clearly laid out and they've put a lot of work into this and are providing to everyone for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 320 ✭✭lostatsea

Well, I haven't checked them all, but, for the 2012 Higher sample paper 1, Q5(a) it stops after finding the local max and local min, but the question asked for the max and min. As you can see from the diagram in part (b), the max is actually 20, (not 148/27).

In 6A of the 2011 sample paper 2, (proof by contradiction) there's an error in the statement about what it means to assume the given statement is false (should refer to "at least one x" instead of "for all x").

But I don't want to put you off. These are minor faults given the sheer amount of stuff that's there. The site is very clearly laid out and they've put a lot of work into this and are providing to everyone for free.

I emailed the editor and he said he gets a some emails about errors which he corrects as soon as possible.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5 mathsonline

declan2693 wrote: »
    #

I represent TheMathsTutor.ie, and I've been given permission by @spurious to give a reply on this comment, as it is out of date and now gives a wrong impression of our website.

As well as completely covering the other levels (JCO, JCH, LCO) for Project Maths Strands 1 to 4,

we now cover most of Strands 1 to 4 for Leaving Cert Higher.

We are finalising Synthetic Geometry and Stats for LCH at the moment (as of 11 Feb 2013).

When those are done, we'll do Strand 5 as well, even though it's not being examined this year.

Hope that makes it clear, without going into too much detail.

Thanks very much to @spurious for the right of reply.

Advertisement