Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The joy of an extra subject that is religion

• 10-06-2012 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi guys just want to start with a good luck to all the exam students hope ye do well! 'Losers visualize the penalties of failure. winners visualize the rewards of success'-Rob Gilbert

Well I have decided to start 6th year with my head in the books , so this summer for me will be spent doing revision of fifth year stuff as well as taking religion as an extra subject ,im very keen to start but I really dont know what to start studying in religion ,
    does anyone have any tips for me as im really aiming for an A1 in this subject although I have just decided to do it??? And does anyone have any tips for studying over summer????

OH and just an extra; I will have a study time of 3 hours everyday untill we come back to school, this looks like a lot but im thinking that its too small as, if I do take religion as an extra subject I will be doing 9 subjects so I would like some advice on maybe if I should legnthen it to 4 hours everyday???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭ehshup

if you can manage that well then well done, but I'm doing 9 subjects, and no way would i have been able to do that all year, I prob had an average of two throughout most of the year but of course in the run up it's been a lot more, but i honestly think if you do 4 every night for 9 months, you'll burn yourself out, especially if you spend the summer studying too. I think every sixth year reaches a point in the year where they go from thinking the year is manageable to wishing the year would just end, and i'd find it impossible to keep up that level of motivation. That said i'm a bit lazy and procrastinate a lot, so if you can keep up that motivation, go for it. But don't study every second of the day, then you've just wasted 9 months of your life without enjoying any of it, one or person in my year spent every second studying, didn't even go out for grad because she wanted to study at home, and lost all her friends because she had herself in a self-imposed jail for all of the year... So haha, that's my two cents:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 20 zinny

Hi , First of all i just wanna say thanks for replying!
    And while I kinda agree about the burning out and stuff ,I still feel it would be worth it to start this summer and know my fifth year course off by heart which im sure will stand by me and make my 6th year experience that bit easier and I will just have to find my own means of motivating myself (with some help from ted.com!) but im sure its doable ! In my opinion though it would be well worth it to spend nine months as a loner and studying loads if it meant I could get my course :) !
    I just want to say I am still open to comments on how I can approach Religion as an extra subject as tackling the subject head on seems a bit daunting!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 grizzly_bear

deleted

Advertisement