Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Editing Image Size on Wordpress

Options
  • 10-06-2012 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Quick question I hope someone could help me with!

I've started a new wordpress blog (and am still trying to get everything in order here and have edited the featured image size to a larger size on each post.

However, at the bottom when you click load more posts all the image sizes on the first page revert back to the original size, does anyone know how to change the code so that it doesn't do this?

(Just to say this site is in development so apart from the first image on the second page, I've only edited the images on the first page)

Would also love to know how to set a header above the slideshow? There's a header.php file but I don't know what code to change and if possible would like to avoid using a ftp to upload a file that way?

Would really love some help!:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

SmokeyEyes wrote: »
    I've started a new wordpress blog (and am still trying to get everything in order here and have edited the featured image size to a larger size on each post.

However, at the bottom when you click load more posts all the image sizes on the first page revert back to the original size, does anyone know how to change the code so that it doesn't do this?

(Hope I understand your question...)

It depends how you did the "editing". If you changed the theme to add your sizes, then you should be grand. This is the "correct" way of doing it. (Use a child theme for your customisations.)

(See http://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Thumbnails)

You also need to make sure your template is using the correct featured image size. I am guessing that the home page and the normal posts page use different templates, hence the different featured image size on the second page.

The above link will help.
    Would also love to know how to set a header above the slideshow? There's a header.php file but I don't know what code to change and if possible would like to avoid using a ftp to upload a file that way?

There should be clear instructions for that in the theme documentation (I see you are using the WPShower "sight" theme). It has a jQuery slider built in so you shouldn't have to edit PHP to get it working.

You should get a quick response from their support forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭SmokeyEyes

Thanks for replying:)

I managed to figure out the image issue, I just have one remaining problem.

There was a set size on the logo you're able to use on the site (the one I'm using as my header on the site here) and I have managed to increase it but can't seem to get it any bigger than the size it is now. I want it so be 975px across to match the header width but if I increase it any more the image starts to go down behind the menu.

Would anyone be able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭fcrossen

here[/URL]) and I have managed to increase it but can't seem to get it any bigger than the size it is now. I want it so be 975px across to match the header width but if I increase it any more the image starts to go down behind the menu.

You need to either:
    - increase the size of the image (and crop) so it is at 240 x 975 pixels;
    - increase the depth of the DIV containing the header image so it can accommodate the resized image (look for the .header CSS selector)

Advertisement