Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homosexuals are as bad as rapists, Polish nurses taught

• 10-06-2012 11:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

Homosexuality is on a par with rape and prostitution, according to official teaching materials for Poles studying to be nurses and midwives.

Teaching books refer to homosexuality as a "pathology" and the subject often comes under the section of "sexual problems", where students are instructed on "how to identify and provide assistance in situations of sexual assault and sexual disorders".

A multiple-choice question from a 2011 exam paper on gynaecology read: "Homosexuals are particularly dangerous socially and seduce individuals by . . ."
    Students are then given a number of options including "abnormal sexual drive" and "prostitution".

Full Story is here:
    http://www.independent.ie/world-news/europe/homosexuals-are-as-bad-as-rapists-polish-nurses-taught-3133178.html

Just when you think that the world has grown up a bit in the last century!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Phil the Greek

Here we go again. Always with the prejudice against the prejudiced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

It's on a Polish exam paper.. Prejudiced how?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Sykk wrote: »
    It's on a Polish exam paper.. Prejudiced how?
    Prejudice against people who are prejudiced against homosexuality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,822 ✭✭✭stimpson

I blame the Greeks. They invented gayness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

I have a fairly limited knowledge on Poland but aren't they pretty much currently the Ultra Conservative state that Ireland used to be? That would explain the pseudoscientific statements.
    Condemnation of unjustified intolerance is always good. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

stimpson wrote: »
    Can someone come up with a better gay joke than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Sappa

stimpson wrote: »
    Those bloody Greeks first they invent the gay then they screw the Euro,if we are not careful the gay could spread to the whole of the Eurozone destroying the birth rate,then who will pay for our pensions.

Corkfeen wrote: »
    Condemnation of intolerance is always good. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Is all tolerance good?

Condemnation of intolerance is always good. Do you have evidence to the contrary?

Is all tolerance good?
    There are some things which should not be tolerated; murder , rape, paedophila etc. However being gay is perfectly natural and there's no legitimate reason to choose to be intolerant of it. I had updated my post to 'unjustified' but phone didn't keep update. Explain to me how homophobia should be considered acceptable?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 731 ✭✭✭inmyday

Pedant wrote: »

Its not a gay joke, its a quote out of father ted. What ya going mad for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

Is all tolerance good?
    Ok.... Er, yeah, I thought your first post was typical AH humour. In that pursuit, it was funny, though not original enough to warrant a thanks. It seems like you genuinely hold that opinion. Please, tell me you are just belabouring the joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Winty

" All Roads Lead to Rome"

I blame the Nazi Pope

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭PC CDROM

There are some things which should not be tolerated; murder , rape, paedophila etc. However being gay is perfectly natural and there's no legitimate reason to choose to be intolerant of it.

In fairness all those things you listed are perfectly natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

In before the Magdalene Laundries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭number10a

Poles giving out about the ghey!!! Ha! Talk about hypocrisy. I was straight* until I met my Polish boyfriend.

*This may or may not be true.

There are some things which should not be tolerated; murder , rape, paedophila etc. However being gay is perfectly natural and there's no legitimate reason to choose to be intolerant of it.

Leaving the gay thing aside. Tolerance, or intolerance, is a difference of opinion, and you know what they say about them. "Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one, and they all stink."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

inmyday wrote: »

Its not a gay joke, its a quote out of father ted. What ya going mad for?

If he's anything like me he can't help but see that that same comment is written every time being gay comes up.
    OR, the Chinese, a great bunch of lads.

PC CDROM wrote: »

In fairness all those things you listed are perfectly natural.
    Except the others are extremely harmful to the other parties involved and they are not willing participants.. Ehh, I really shouldn't post from my phone. I never develop my points enough on it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Bah, it's Poland. They've the equivalent attitude of Ireland 30 years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Confab wrote: »

Not really.

http://www.pinknews.co.uk/2011/11/08/polands-first-gay-and-trans-mps-to-be-sworn-in/

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭phill106

I would but it would be a pain in the ass...

• Site Banned Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Higher

Its Polish bashing season since the euros.

To be honest look hard enough in any country and you'll get these sort of incidents. It was only the other month a girl in Ireland was refused an education because she was pregnant and you had posters HERE, who agreed with it.

phill106 wrote: »

pathetic

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

phill106 wrote: »
    classic

Winty wrote: »
    " All Roads Lead to Rome"

I blame the Nazi Pope

Saw him this morning as it happens. Was talking in a language I don't understand, but it certainly sounded like it was all his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,627 ✭✭✭Lawrence1895

Confab wrote: »

Still I know Irish people, who think, Homosexuals are 'sick' and need to be 'treated'.

Some Germans think the same, so do people in Belgium, France, Norway, Greece, China, Papua New Guinea, Burkina Faso...

Anti Homosexuality is not confined to certain countries, it's everywhere. Full stop.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,037 ✭✭✭paddyandy

Being 'GAY' is'nt natural at all .The body is'nt designed for their behaviour but the 'gay' industry with money the prime consideration is behind it and supports them . The bum was'nt made for it .The sale of Anal preparations to 'qUEERS' sHOULD BE ENOUGH PROOF .

Lars1916 wrote: »
    Still I know Irish people, who think, Homosexuals are 'sick' and need to be 'treated'.

Some Germans think the same, so do people in Belgium, France, Norway, Greece, China, Papua New Guinea, Burkina Faso...

Anti Homosexuality is not confined to certain countries, it's everywhere. Full stop.

It is important to distinguish between attitudes and beliefs and structures that reinforce homophobia. In this case it seems like the education system is reinforcing it and teaching it rather than just what a few people think or believe.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

paddyandy wrote: »
    Being 'GAY' is'nt natural at all .The body is'nt designed for their behaviour but the 'gay' industry with money the prime consideration is behind it and supports them . The bum was'nt made for it .The sale of Anal preparations to 'qUEERS' sHOULD BE ENOUGH PROOF .

Too obvious, even for you paddy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Banned.

Next sign of homophobic posting earns a person a ban and the thread's getting locked.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I love a laugh of a Sunday - thanks for that.
    I think you got a bit excited with the caps lock. It was probably the word 'anal' that did it. I don't blame you.

*oops apologies mod**

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,273 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

We in Ireland had an exam question about Justin Bieber the other day - now THAT'S scary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

spurious wrote: »

If this person gets banned whats the point in having a one sided thread???? Or are we even allowed an opinion???

It's pretty shocking to think that sort of thing is being taught in the modern world. But it's certainly not just Poland. It's still an executionable offence in some countries. The world is a pretty fcuked up place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

i probably would'nt have worded it the same but is his point not correct.the rectum does not produce a natural lubricant for this kind of activity,so how is it natural?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

PucaMama wrote: »

If this person gets banned whats the point in having a one sided thread???? Or are we even allowed an opinion???

You are, just not homophobic ones.

Of course you can have an opinion, you just need to express it in a decent manner.

Bring a reasonable structured argument to the thread and it will be entertained. Do a quick search of paddy posting history and you will see that reasonably structured arguments are not his strong suit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 391 ✭✭btard

You are not allowed to air this point of view on here. Only pc views and opinions are welcome. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out the error of your ways and silence you. If you want a balanced or reasoned debate go else where. Enjoy your day.

fran17 wrote: »
    i probably would'nt have worded it the same but is his point not correct.the rectum does not produce a natural lubricant for this kind of activity,so how is it natural?

Neither does the hand, yet I'm pretty sure that touching the penis with the hand during intercourse is a common enough practice.

Also, if we extend the argument regarding what is natural to the concept the procreation should be for conception (as many people will do), then a blowjob is unnatural despite the presence of a natural lubricant etc etc etc.

Basically your argument is fine in a limited sense, but the goalposts are too easy to move and it's easier to accept the the idea of what is "natural" tends to be a personal preference rather than some kind of iron clad rule.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

fran17 wrote: »
    Well it is apparently acceptable when a man does it with a woman.
    Also I note the sexist nature of your post, so only men can be gay?
    What is really offensive is that medical professionals are being trained to believe this crap, medical professionals that may end up working in our hospitals.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Jaysus, it's Mick the Barman.

spurious wrote: »

Of course you can have an opinion, you just need to express it in a decent manner.

Bring a reasonable structured argument to the thread and it will be entertained. Do a quick search of paddy posting history and you will see that reasonably structured arguments are not his strong suit.

Im not defending what he said. I just no from my own personal experience that anything said not in favour of gay people will be labelled homophobic and taken like a personal attack.

btard wrote: »
    You are not allowed to air this point of view on here. Only pc views and opinions are welcome. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out the error of your ways and silence you. If you want a balanced or reasoned debate go else where. Enjoy your day.

lol, you don't read AH much do you?

Im not defending what he said. I just no from my own personal experience that anything said not in favour of gay people will be labelled homophobic and taken like a personal attack.

By a small number of posters, in exactly the same fashion that some small number of posters will label any pro-gay statement as being "PC" and "leftist".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭apache

lol i doubt very much spurious said that - what she was quoted as saying :P

apache wrote: »
    lol i doubt very much spurious said that - what she was quoted as saying :P

Yeah, i fixed the quotes and assigned it to the proper poster. :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭apache

i'm like a little nancy drew me ;)

btard wrote: »

lol, you don't read AH much do you?

By a small number of posters, in exactly the same fashion that some small number of posters will label any pro-gay statement as being "PC" and "leftist".
    No, I meant real,offline people. Like my sister. Some gay people think they deserve martyrdom.

Neither does the hand, yet I'm pretty sure that touching the penis with the hand during intercourse is a common enough practice.

Exactly. Women also require lubrication. And I've read threads here before claiming that a huge percentage of women cannot orgasm from vaginal penetration, a woman's orgasm can play a part in conception, so surely if sex was only about procreating, all women would orgasm from penetrative sex? I could keep going with that argument, but I won't.

I always wonder how many of the people who are dead set against "the gays", enjoy a nice bit of lesbian porn.

No, I meant real,offline people. Like my sister. Some gay people think they deserve martyrdom.

Well in that case you are bringing your own personal experience , which is fair enough, but I obviously don't know your or your sister so can't really comment.

Personally I would look at your argument based of it's own merit and your choice of language...I've yet to see a decent argument that makes me think homosexuality is "evil" or "unnatural" though, because as I already said, those two things tend to be based on personal preference.
    Exactly. Women also require lubrication. And I've read threads here before claiming that a huge percentage of women cannot orgasm from vaginal penetration, a woman's orgasm can play a part in conception, so surely if sex was only about procreating, all women would orgasm from penetrative sex? I could keep going with that argument, but I won't.

I always wonder how many of the people who are dead set against "the gays", enjoy a nice bit of lesbian porn.

Exactly. Once again, that just roles back to my personal preferences argument. It's not homosexuality that people are against, so much as things they themselves don't like.

You will even have cases of a straight male who watches a bit of lesbian porn, yet calls actual lesbians dykes etc. The porn doesn't interrupt the fantasy of him interacting with two women in a sexual manner, the reality of the lesbian obviously does.

People are retards basically.

http://failblog.files.wordpress.com/2012/03/funny-facebook-fails-failbook-its-a-sin-but-oh-so-hot.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement