Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Homosexuals are as bad as rapists, Polish nurses taught

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

SocSocPol wrote: »
    So they have been teaching medical professionals this crap for the whole of the 21st century and they dont intend changing it anytime soon, great!
    Says a lot about Poland , that and the monkey chants they aimed at the Dutch players!

A society with negative elements? In Europe? I outraged!!!111!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

Chucken wrote: »
    Sorry you've lost me there. I didnt see anything in the article about Dutch players :confused:

Black members of the Dutch national squad were subjected to monkey chants at their open training session in preparation for the Euro's.

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭forfuxsake

Being gay isn't natural*..to me. It seems that it is perfectly natural for others and that it exactly none of my fúckin' business.

As regards Poland, they are still controlled by the teachings of the RC church. Most young Poles don't feel that homosexuality is wrong, most older Irish people do.

*Obviously I mean two men. Two beautiful young girls exploring each others' bodies is something beautiful and the most natural thing in the world and I'm away to study it some more.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭fran17

Actually, it's a valid point, based off the apparent definition of natural you provided.

You inability to continue with your argument speaks volumes.
    you use the word logical in your name but agree that comparing masterbation to a man sticking his penis up another mans rectum is a valid point.think that speaks volumes about you mate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

What about a man sticking his penis up a woman's bum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭PucaMama

Onixx wrote: »
    Is there a need to be vulgar?

Now you know that the heterosexual male is the least sleazy creature in creation. Should he do such a thing, I'm sure it was with good intentions.

PucaMama wrote: »

That wasn't vulgar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Black members of the Dutch national squad were subjected to monkey chants at their open training session in preparation for the Euro's.

I fail to see what that has to with the article being debated.

I cant wait until tomorrow when the Spain bashing threads start ;)

fran17 wrote: »
    you use the word logical in your name but agree that comparing masterbation to a man sticking his penis up another mans rectum is a valid point.think that speaks volumes about you mate

And once again you avoid the very argument that you yourself made.

I am not comparing anything, you stated that for anal sex to be natural there would be some kind of natural lubricant.

It was pointed out that other forms of sex, often seen as acceptable by those who dislike the concept of homosexuality, occur without the "natural lubricant" that you mentioned.

I never agreed that comparing masturbation to a man sticking his penis up another mans rectum is valid, simply because one is sexual intercourse with a partner, the other is masturbation.

You are the one who started the connection between the mechanic of natural sex and the required qualifier of a natural lubricant. A point which you have steadily distanced yourself from since you made it.

Once again, this speaks volumes about your argument and it's sustainability.

Finally, the veiled personal attack and the misinterpretation and misrepresentation of what I said are both logical fallacies. I'll maintain the element of surprise and you can look up what types for yourself though.

• Advertisement

PucaMama wrote: »
    I just asked it in response to the person who said a man doing same with a man isn't natural. If you find the word "bum" vulgar, I suggest you avoid Paul McCartney's Frog Chorus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

What's natural or unnatural isn't relevant. Homosexuality doesn't actually do any harm.

You don't have a right for there not to be gays.
    But gay people do have the right to love whoever they wish.

It's "yuck response" infantile bull**** and we need to get beyond that first instinct as a race.

The government is there to serve all of it's citizens and only block them from doing things when what they do infringes upon the rights of others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,108 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

SocSocPol wrote: »
    So they have been teaching medical professionals this crap for the whole of the 21st century and they dont intend changing it anytime soon, great!
    Says a lot about Poland , that and the monkey chants they aimed at the Dutch players!

In fairness - as I pointed out already - let's not resort to broad generalisations and stereotypes - Poland has an openly gay and the Worlds only openly trans MP - I mean - you could take some of the bigoted statements in here and say "says a lot about Ireland" - But I know most Irish people are actually quite sensible and liberal really.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭SocSocPol

In fairness - as I pointed out already - let's not resort to broad generalisations and stereotypes - Poland has an openly gay and the Worlds only openly trans MP - I mean - you could take some of the bigoted statements in here and say "says a lot about Ireland" - But I know most Irish people are actually quite sensible and liberal really.
    True enough, guilty of a little intolerance therer myself:o.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

forfuxsake wrote: »
    Being gay isn't natural*..to me.
    What we do isn't a measure of what is natural. What occurs in nature is.
    Again: Give a proper definition of natural as you understand it, and perhaps explain how the 1500 members of the animal kingdom are behaving unnaturally.
    "One fundamental premise in social debates has been that homosexuality is unnatural. This premise is wrong. Homosexuality is both common and highly essential in the lives of a number of species," explains Petter Boeckman, who is the academic advisor for the "Against Nature's Order?" exhibition.

The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee, one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays an conspicuous role in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.

And once again you avoid the very argument that you yourself made.

I am not comparing anything, you stated that for anal sex to be natural there would be some kind of natural lubricant.

It was pointed out that other forms of sex, often seen as acceptable by those who dislike the concept of homosexuality, occur without the "natural lubricant" that you mentioned.

I never agreed that comparing masturbation to a man sticking his penis up another mans rectum is valid, simply because one is sexual intercourse with a partner, the other is masturbation.

You are the one who started the connection between the mechanic of natural sex and the required qualifier of a natural lubricant. A point which you have steadily distanced yourself from since you made it.

Once again, this speaks volumes about your argument and it's sustainability.

Finally, the veiled personal attack and the misinterpretation and misrepresentation of what I said are both logical fallacies. I'll maintain the element of surprise and you can look up what types for yourself though.
    jebus christ my point is that if the body was ment to have things stuck up its back passage it would accommodate it naturally,but it dont.ye in the gay lobby really do have a counter arguement for everything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

jebus christ my point is that if the body was ment to have things stuck up its back passage it would accommodate it naturally,but it dont.ye in the gay lobby really do have a counter arguement for everything

And ye in the homophobic lobby have no arguments whatsoever.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    What we do isn't a measure of what is natural. What occurs in nature is.

Again: Give a proper definition of natural as you understand it, and perhaps explain how the 1500 members of the animal kingdom are behaving unnaturally.
    the dwarf chimpanzee! your priceless:D

So why do you feel your point does not apply to other forms of none vaginal sex?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

the dwarf chimpanzee! your priceless:D
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/2006/10/23/20718.aspx 1500 animal species unnatural?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,512 ✭✭✭Ellis Dee

Some people who are deeply mired in prejudice, especially religious prejudice, are impermeable to reason. Trying to make them change their mind by means of logically presented arguments is a waste of time.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Teaching them that there is, actually, a considerable difference between a homosexual and a rapist has to be tangible and should be done in two steps::D

Step 1: The nurse has to spend a night locked into a small room with a homosexual man.:):)

Step 2: She has to spend the second night locked into the same small room with a convicted rapist.;);)

I'm pretty sure she'd change her mind about a few things.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Aquila wrote: »
    Has any of you read this document?
    Rather than taking a sindo reporters words as gospel?

No, but then a newspaper wouldn't do this :p next thing they will be posting articles about how life on the dole for a Polish woman is like a Hawaiian massage... and how Donegal is a ****hole.

Oh yeah, they did that false story already...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

Why do people think whether gayness/sodomy is natural is key to whether it is 'right' or 'wrong'?

People attacking it on the basis that it is unnatural is just as stupid as people defending it in trying to assert that it's natural.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Lots of things straight couples do could be called "unnatural" too....

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

Pedant wrote: »
    Can someone come up with a better gay joke than that.

What do you call a gay bar with no stools??

A fruit stand :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

phill106 wrote: »
    I would but it would be a pain in the ass...

Well you see that can't be applied to all gay people either because (a) not all gay people are men and (b) quite a large portion of gay men either don't like to be bottomed or don't like anal sex at all.

You have to come up with something that applies to all gay people.

Classic. :D
    Don't you dare to express your 'not so PC' opinion. You'll get silenced quickly. Now, let's dig a deep hole in the ground and stone paddyandy to death.
    Surely the banning was for the inflammatory and hate-filled language rather than the expressing of an opinion? This site doesn't strike me as a place where controversial opinions are silenced at all.

As for the article, it would be unfair and hypocritical to use it to attack Polish society in general, but "worse than rapists"? It's hardly indicative of a persecution complex for gay people to find this deeply objectionable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Pedant

Ciaran0 wrote: »
    What do you call a gay bar with no stools??

A fruit stand :D

One of the funniest gay jokes I've ever heard came from a woman by the name of Anita Bryant who was an anti-gay campaigner during the 1970s. At a particular press conference she was giving a gay man came up to her and threw a pie into her face. Afterwards she said "Well at least it's a fruit pie." Here's the video:

Of course it accommodates it - you just stick it in. :confused:
    Really don't see any "gay lobby" stuff - just responses to your comments. Would you prefer if people said nothing?
    By the way, just to ask my earlier question again: what about a man anally penetrating a woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I think you'll find that the back passage is perfectly amenable to having objects inserted into it so it would appear to "accommodate it naturally". Why just last week I smuggled a monopoly boardgame into Mountjoy for a developer friend but that's beside the point.

Whether something is natural or not doesn't matter. You're not natural and neither am I. I was born via c-section, raised on food that I didn't kill or gather, I wear synthetic clothes and glasses, I travel in metallic mechanical vehicles and I listen to music which is no more than '1's and '0's. In fact, right now I'm communicating via a keyboard. In fact, if you show a keyboard to an animal, it won't have a clue as to what it is or what to do with it.

The point you were trying to make is, er, pointless.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I think you'll find that the back passage is perfectly amenable to having objects inserted into it so it would appear to "accommodate it naturally". Why just last week I smuggled a monopoly boardgame into Mountjoy for a developer friend but that's beside the point.

If hardcore has taught me anything, its anything short of a traffic cone can fit up a girls ass

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Ciaran0

Whether something is natural or not doesn't matter. You're not natural and neither am I. I was born via c-section, raised on food that I didn't kill or gather, I wear synthetic clothes and glasses, I travel in metallic mechanical vehicles and I listen to music which is no more than '1's and '0's. In fact, right now I'm communicating via a keyboard. In fact, if you show a keyboard to an animal, it won't have a clue as to what it is or what to do with it.

The point you were trying to make is, er, pointless.

+1. Really excellent point. People say homosexuality isn't natural, but fail to realise that almost everything human's do is unnatural!! And it's funny because Homosexuality actually is completely natural. It's been observed in around 1500 different species

• Registered Users Posts: 7,237 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If hardcore has taught me anything, its anything short of a traffic cone can fit up a girls ass

It's almost as if God intended it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,162 ✭✭✭Augmerson

Indo is a rag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Seen it. *yawn*.

Pushtrak wrote: »
    then aint it about time the human race evolved past these beastly acts?

Of course it accommodates it - you just stick it in. :confused:
    Really don't see any "gay lobby" stuff - just responses to your comments. Would you prefer if people said nothing?
    By the way, just to ask my earlier question again: what about a man anally penetrating a woman?
    not in the least,everyone is entitled to an opinion on anything.i made my opinion on anal sex between anyone male or female known in an earlier post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

then aint it about time the human race evolved past these beastly acts?

Why would they, it's enjoyable after all? Will you suggest we evolve past such beastly acts as touching each other and snuggling up to someone we like next?

Shenshen wrote: »
    Why would they, it's enjoyable after all? Will you suggest we evolve past such beastly acts as touching each other and snuggling up to someone we like next?
    well if you enjoy it then i cant really say you dont.but i cant really see the link between "snuggling" and buggering though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

btard wrote: »
    You are not allowed to air this point of view on here. Only pc views and opinions are welcome. I'm sure someone will be along shortly to point out the error of your ways and silence you. If you want a balanced or reasoned debate go else where. Enjoy your day.

He was hardly using that pathetic bile to preface a balanced argument.

• Advertisement

well if you enjoy it then i cant really say you dont.but i cant really see the link between "snuggling" and buggering though?

Both are forms of intimate physical contact, with no function other than making the people involved feel good.
    Why would you think it would be a good thing if humanity evolved past either?

Shenshen wrote: »
    Both are forms of intimate physical contact, with no function other than making the people involved feel good.
    Why would you think it would be a good thing if humanity evolved past either?
    i'd imagine only one of the two involved would feel good,the other feeling like he needs to sit on a bag of ice.have to sign off now,go do some manly things like watch football and eat red meat...

i'd imagine only one of the two involved would feel good,the other feeling like he needs to sit on a bag of ice.have to sign off now,go do some manly things like watch football and eat red meat...

So it's because of your lack of imagination that you wish for the rest of humanity to change?
    Wow.

Advertisement