Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do I have a speech problem?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there

I've uploaded a youtube audio file for you to listen to;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjGKSOu6Zgw&feature=youtu.be

Do I have a speech problem? I've noticed recently at uni, that people ask me to repeat myself a lot. Also listening to the audio file, I don't think I talk properly, but i'm not sure why.

I want to try and improve my speech, because I don't want it to harm my job prospects. I've wondered if I mumble sometimes, but to me it feels like i'm talking properly. I have quite a deep voice, so wasn't sure if this is why people couldn't understand me. Also when I was a child, I had speech lessons for a lisp.

Any feedback on what's wrong with my speech, and more importantly how I can improve it / if I can, would be greatly appreciated! I'm starting to get really conscious of my voice, but I want to improve it, so I've taken the first step to get some feedback

Also sometimes, very rarely, I trip over my words / stumble a little bit, I think this might be due to me being conscious of what I'm saying all the time?

Thanks in advance for your help :)

Jack

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

No I don't think you have a speech problem! :) you have a lovely voice for audio books or something of the like :P

Advertisement