Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ireland vs Croatia - Match thread

Comments

eagle eye wrote: »
    Personally the only change I'd like to see is Kelly coming in for either Andrews or Whelan and JOS pushed into midfield. We need somebody to shut down Modric I think and imo O'Shea can do that.

Ugh, no, no, no:(

:eek:

O'Shea has been the fault of the first and third goal tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,068 ✭✭✭Bodhisopha

markie29 wrote: »
    3 goals that should and could have been stopped ...luck of the irish my arse

Wouldn't be here without luck. We are, and have been rubbish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Our defence is brutal and we look soft which is surprising in comparison to the campaign to get us here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Pull one back and you never know I guess.

Wait what?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mc clean please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

McGeady instead of Duff?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭kitakyushu

Looks like they're going into "Bari" mode.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Shay Given, perfect name. Given goals left, right and centre

Stupid comment. Nothing he could do about any of those goals tonight.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

dsmythy wrote: »
    Pull one back and you never know I guess.

Get one back and we'll go hard at it for an equaliser

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

confusing subs there ...no idea what the plan is now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Score

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

it will end 3-3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Get one back and we'll go hard at it for an equaliser

bad this is you can almost be sure they will retreat into their shell and die on their ass again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭V480

I have a vague recollection of Ken Early on Newstalk saying a few months ago that Ireland will probably be one of those awful teams that loses every game and stinks out the tournament. Those words are ringing in my ears now....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Who brought the sheep ? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

What a load of ****e this is. How much are we going to stand off them in the final 3rd?! 2 left wingers on the bench and he brings on a striker to play left wing ...

WIZE wrote: »
    it will end 3-3

What are you smoking? (This game clearly has 5-3 win for Ireland written all over it.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Out of character, but obviously recognises the wingers are null and void as is, so no point in McClean.

Doyle didn't do much wrong, but he was never gonna take off Keane.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

To be fair to them there way out of there depth to begin with & way too much pressure put on them to deliver espically from Dunphy who just hammered them for years & then just jumped on the bandwagon when he felt like it.

I never expected us to make the quarters or infact even qualify for the tournament so we should be happy were even there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

We need to score very soon to get back into this.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

We are being exposed now for what we are. Fine thing we never qualified tbh, the Spain and Italy result today will now result in both teams using as a cannon fodder to see who can top the table on goal difference. This tournament will do more damage than good to Irish football and leave a whole generation with memories of losers in recessionary times. I hope something happens now to get us expelled from the tournament to save face.

Take away far post corners and direct free kicks and we're .... eh .... pretty much out of ideas it seems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

nice to see ivory coast fans at the game too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

I'm a Given fan but he clearly could have done better for the first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

McGeady instead of Duff?
    McGeady was absolute muck. That ball he played into midfield after the 3rd goal summed up his performance.

He could have positioned himself much better for the first goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

Keane has done absolutely nothing in this game. I know he can nick a goal, but Shane Long would offer us that and much more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

Stinicker wrote: »
    We are being exposed now for what we are. Fine thing we never qualified tbh, the Spain and Italy result today will now result in both teams using as a cannon fodder to see who can top the table on goal difference. This tournament will do more damage than good to Irish football and leave a whole generation with memories of losers in recessionary times. I hope something happens now to get us expelled from the tournament to save face.
    you'll never beat the irish 3-3 fnal score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

In fairness, if we get the next goal you never know.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

COMON IRELAND

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

:linkin park:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

I hope something happens now to get us expelled from the tournament to save face.

http://bit.ly/N05UNK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,907 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Cox as a winger. Wonderful.

I don't go along with that, will be a good leraning experience for the young players in the squad.

Keane has done absolutely nothing in this game. I know he can nick a goal, but Shane Long would offer us that and much more.

What do you want him to do when the ball is hoofed left right and centre. At least now we're trying to pass it. Keane should slowly get into the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

given was unsighted for the first goal. no way hes was at fault

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

Would take ward off. He is like a rabbit in headlights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

if Trap wanted a winger who could score goals, why not bring on McClean ffs.

I like Simon Cox, he's done pretty well in his limited appearances for us, but sticking him out wide is BS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,054 ✭✭✭luckyfrank

no creativity in the middle of the park, need a change there now trapp

• Advertisement

sonic85 wrote: »

I've noticed it's never his fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,961 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Soft goals to concede and we look like a schoolboy side at times - particularly in the build-up to their 2nd - but I blame the manager.

His "system" has been exposed as woefully inadequate to the task and it's a miracle we've gotten as far as we have here, but I fear that barring another miracle this tournament is going to end in disaster for Irish football.

I'm reminded of Mike Bassett myself and his insistence on the 4-4-2 system coupled with the jeers of the "England B side" - but this time without the happy ending!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

luckyfrank wrote: »
    you'll never beat the irish 3-3 fnal score

I hope so, and I admire your optimism, I am a realist and it will probably end 4-1 or worse 5-1. I'm on boards and can't even watch, I decided last January not to go to the Tournament in Poland as I had a feeling this would happen. Ah well, at least Euro 2016 will have 24 teams and some worse than us so we might get a Euro victory sometime, just not this tournament. Spain and Italy will both eat us 5-0 minimum unless they decided to save face but in the face of todays result that won't happen. England and France tomorrow, anyway they could both lose?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,467 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

John O'Shea ???

sonic85 wrote: »

Thats because he was standing in the wrong posistion, if he was in the right posistion he would have had a better sight of play,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭CptMackey

We're just up against a better team really but we let in very soft goals. Hope we can keep going now tho. A goal in the next few mins would make it very interesting. Our marking has been poor to say the least when Croatia are attacking

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

:D just :D

WE're evil :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

tdv123 wrote: »
    I don't go along with that, will be a good leraning experience for the young players in the squad.

Which you g player is currently getting match experience ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

dsmythy wrote: »
    What do you want him to do when the ball is hoofed left right and centre. At least now we're trying to pass it. Keane should slowly get into the game.

Long is actually useful in the air and on the ground.

Advertisement