Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭Duiske

Btw, this means the 12Z run was garbage after about the 24th.

Most notable there is how mild it is going to get in the early days of next week. Going to feel very pleasant in any sunshine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Btw, this means the 12Z run was garbage after about the 24th.

I am looking at it right now thinking the same as Maq, but still counting down the minutes until the next GFS run!

tumblr_mbqsygc9ry1rw0x65o1_500.gif

It like one of the fake runaway photoshop lines you draw, Iancar

Awaiting next run now
    224747.png

Simon Keeling of weatheronline.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    Simon Keeling of weatheronline.co.uk

Very interesting vid Wolfe_IRE - didn't like what he was saying though about the lack of precipitation predicted :-P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

leahyl wrote: »
    Very interesting vid Wolfe_IRE - didn't like what he was saying though about the lack of precipitation predicted :-P

I think December 2010 was below normal rainfall but I don't find where I saw it.

I would prefer a cold winter than a big snowy one this year. Well at least until after Christmas.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭srmambo

Lucreto wrote: »
    I think December 2010 was below normal rainfall but I don't find where I saw it.

I would prefer a cold winter than a big snowy one this year. Well at least until after Christmas.:D

I'd like some days of snow, but a lot of really cold dry days with some nice frost works too :P

Netweather have updated their winter outlook
    http://www1.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=longrange;sess=

"I have a feeling that the phrase 'Northern blocking' will replace the Jet Stream as the most talked about weather phenomenon over the next few weeks."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

See, I have this problem with the term northern blocking, as if it's the holy grail of winter lovers. Yes, in past winters it's worked out well for us, but only because we've been on the right side of the block over Greenland. But we could equally have been on the wrong side too had it set up further west or east, and have a southerly instead of a northerly airflow. So by all means look for high-latitude blocking, but make sure it's in the right place!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

I've been looking at this thread for a while now.. i decided to sign up haha. :D
    the Irish star published this today: http://thestar.ie/star/snow-way/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭konman

randonio14 wrote: »
    I've been looking at this thread for a while now.. i decided to sign up haha. :D

welcome to the madhouse:D:D:D:D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭StormGazer.11

Welcome, welcome :) just one word of advice, if your going to post that sort of link copy the article into the post. Some people in here get all up in a huff about feeding visits to those type of articles that can be a tad exaggerated at times.

Other than that I do hope your stay with us is pleasant and in case of an emergency the exits are located...... :cool: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭catch.23

Welcome, welcome :) just one word of advice, if your going to post that sort of link copy the article into the post. Some people in here get all up in a huff about feeding visits to those type of articles that can be a tad exaggerated at times.

Other than that I do hope your stay with us is pleasant and in case of an emergency the exits are located...... :cool: :D

Don't copy the article, copy at most a few lines, copyright laws mean boards are responsible for you posting up a full article so it's not allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 randonio14

Sounds fun.. :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

i no it has to be taken with a pinch of salt but its great to see a cold winter being talked about in the paper :D

catch.23 wrote: »
    Don't copy the article, copy at most a few lines, copyright laws mean boards are responsible for you posting up a full article so it's not allowed.

Or just don't post them up at all!! ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Makes a change from the daily mail:rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Is THE British Weather Services reliable?

Cliona2012 wrote: »

They seem to have a pretty good expertise, with professional meteorologists, including John Kettley from the BBC.

I don't see Mark Vogan's name in there, strangely enough..... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12 silentscreams

so is it going to snow or what?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭Cliona2012

Cliona2012 wrote: »

I couldn't find anything about their track record ie. last summer, or Winter 09 - 11

tumblr_mbydp4kVLM1ql61dso1_500.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Have a look here and get back to us and let us know what it said.

Natural-Crystal-Ball-MGB004-.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭JJJJNR

Stuck my cold weather tyres on the car yesterday as I normally do this time of year, didn't need them last year but again not taking any chances.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭pauldry

from that crystal ball i forecast snow in the south, frost in the Southwest and Sun in the northeast. The rest will be meh!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭touts

Definately.

Where? When? How much? How Long? They are the tricky questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

Correct me if im wrong BUT please dont kill me im not a pro like some of ye good folks here but is the current weather not mirror like to 2009-10 eg very mild october with very slightly higher than norm temps and flooding yet again in cork and dublin? Could we see a flip to much colder and hoping to alla and god that it snows like the good auld days

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Correct me if im wrong BUT please dont kill me im not a pro like some of ye good folks here but is the current weather not mirror like to 2009-10 eg very mild october with very slightly higher than norm temps and flooding yet again in cork and dublin? Could we see a flip to much colder and hoping to alla and god that it snows like the good auld days

The proceeding season doesn't dictate what the following season will be like.

The famous winter of 46/47 was mild up until halfway through January and then look what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭IrishGurll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

IrishGurll wrote: »

Oh for God's sake , not another Vogan!! However this clone has a very irritating English accent (as opposed to Vogan's Scottish/Northern Irish Foghorn). I can't take it any more............!!! :D:D:D:D

D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement