Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

derekon wrote: »
    However this clone has a very irritating English accent
    FcUK me its Alan Partridge doing a weather for the bewildered slot. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 torrential1

The proceeding season doesn't dictate what the following season will be like.

The famous winter of 46/47 was mild up until halfway through January and then look what happened.
    Mrweatherman what's with all the apologies? Don't let a select few on here make you feel inferior. You asked a legitimate question...we are all here to learn.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Lol the. Postman has the worse accent of all

• Registered Users Posts: 836 ✭✭✭derekon

Hi MT,

Will you be issuing your more detailed Winter Forecast 2012/2013 over the coming week or so? I know you issued a brief note (mild start, very cold Feb) but will you be elaborating on these thoughts? A wee bit of anticipation building up here on boards.ie ahead of your forecast! :)

Thanks as ever

D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

derekon wrote: »
    Hi MT,

Will you be issuing your more detailed Winter Forecast 2012/2013 over the coming week or so? I know you issued a brief note (mild start, very cold Feb) but will you be elaborating on these thoughts? A wee bit of anticipation building up here on boards.ie ahead of your forecast! :)

Thanks as ever

D

I saw quite a detailed forecast from MT on another site. Not sure if it was posted on boards aswell though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Try the metro times, www.metrotimes.net,he has a more detailed winter summery there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

ZX7R wrote: »
    Try the metro times, www.metrotimes.net,he has a more detailed winter summery there.

But we don't want a Summery Winter???

Oh, you meant Summary !!

;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,428 ✭✭✭ZX7R

Calibos wrote: »
    But we don't want a Summery Winter?? .

Oh, you meant Summary !!

;):D
    ieSpell didn't save me that time:o .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

I predict that anyone relying on hysterical Youtube forecasts is wasting valuable bandwidth, I hope they are using 3 Mobile Broadband where nothing ever changes. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

ZX7R wrote: »

link dont work :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭Carlow2011

It won't rain to much tomorrow, I saw two swans smoking a joint under the canal bridge today so December will be mild, the ducks have gone hard on the bulmers so might get snow in mid January, one of the bulls near cashel was eyeing up a young cow he'd had his way with earlier and reckons that come April he'll have some offspring in a gentle warm southerly breeze, the one to be careful about though is the rabbits have gone right off their cadburys caramel, this can only mean one thing .....it's going to be a cracking summer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

link dont work :(

It should be www.meteotimes.net

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Some people in here get all up in a huff about feeding visits to those type of articles that can be a tad exaggerated at times.

I wouldn't even say that they exaggerated, I'd go more with nonsense:) Exaggerated would suggest that there is some semblance of truth in the first place contained in those articles that was expanded upon. Those reporters and so called long range forecasters are feeding us fables, and laughing all the way to the bank as they do so.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭mrweatherman

Searching the net looking for any update on are we having a la nina or el nino and according to a few sites we are to have a weak el nino. Would like to put up a link but im using a tablet and dont know how but last site was weathergossip if im wrong about site just search on google or yahoo. But what do ye think might be happening!!!

Searching the net looking for any update on are we having a la nina or el nino and according to a few sites we are to have a weak el nino. Would like to put up a link but im using a tablet and dont know how but last site was weathergossip if im wrong about site just search on google or yahoo. But what do ye think might be happening!!!

The last update from the US weather service says they expect neutral or a weak el nino to continue into the winter.

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.html

British Weather Services, I've never heard of them before. According to their profile page they are an ex-UK Met Office meteorologist and some ex-Royal Navy meteorologists and have been doing this since 1987.

http://www.britishweatherservices.co.uk/contact-us/contact/

Just say piers on sky news warning this winter will be very cold and snowy , and weather models wont pick up on it , looks like joe b is correct saying hes worried about uk etc ,

Tromsø's (in northern Norway) first snow of the season is falling this evening.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

kuo_psa_Sep12_pers_02_NDJ_ghmt_eu.gifkuo_psa_Sep12_pers_03_DJF_ghmt_eu.gif
    Here is the Brazilian model. Not the best at reading these but it looks like high pressure to the north and low pressure to our south.

Lucreto wrote: »
    Here is the Brazilian model....

christian-bale-reaction-gif.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Birdnuts

christian-bale-reaction-gif.gif

I see the same lad every time I glance at a mirror:eek::D;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

I walked into that one didn't I. :D

Su Campu wrote: »
    Tromsø's (in northern Norway) first snow of the season is falling this evening.
    The frist snow was 3 days ago 3cms

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭Min

Joe Bastardi on twitter:

Euro temps going into wintery tank as the arctic presses its agenda. Coldest start to Nov in many a year shaping up pic.twitter.com/ilNNrIRE

• Registered Users Posts: 14,271 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Anybody see met.ie long range forecast recently?....

"Indications suggest it will turn colder during Thursday and for the rest of the week with temperatures falling back and there will be an increasing threat of night frosts. Still a good deal of dry weather on Thursday and Friday, but possibly turning more unsettled over the weekend."

I LIKE it :-D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

Min wrote: »
    Joe Bastardi on twitter:

Euro temps going into wintery tank as the arctic presses its agenda. Coldest start to Nov in many a year shaping up pic.twitter.com/ilNNrIRE

Perhaps he might be onto something but looking back through the archive charts, there doesn't seem to be anything especially unusual about forecast pattern for this time of year for the Europe region. The end of October 2003 for example saw a fairly similar pattern for the region but it was no indication at all of a cold winter ahead, as the winter of 2003/4 turned out to be quite mild and dry overall -- after a mild November.

225176.gif

Perhaps he might be onto something but looking back through the archive charts, there doesn't seem to be anything especially unusual about forecast pattern for this time of year for the Europe region. The end of October 2003 for example saw a fairly similar pattern for the region but it was no indication at all of a cold winter ahead, as the winter of 2003/4 turned out to be quite mild and dry overall -- after a mild November.

225176.gif
    Wonder why postman has not put his winter forecast in papers yet, 2008 there was snow just before end of oct in dub lasted 2 days on ground

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

mcriot29 wrote: »
    .........2008 there was snow just before end of oct in dub lasted 2 days on ground

:eek:............:confused:?

• Advertisement

mcriot29 wrote: »
    2008 there was snow just before end of oct in dub lasted 2 days on ground

Where do you get these facts from? There's no record of snow then - on the ground or otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement