Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

mcriot29 wrote: »
    Dont see what all the hype is about its a 2 day event , also no signs of any strat warming and signs dont look great if u notice with this mini freeze it has ireland on very edge just like last year, i notice long range models show same thing ireland just mIssing out on the cold

This is not a snow hype , from me anyways... its a cold and frost hype... CANNOT WAIT to get up at 7am on Saturday and go walk the dog down the park! :D ...

Other than that i dont see any hype you are talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

Iancar29 wrote: »
    This is not a snow hype , from me anyways... its a cold and frost hype... CANNOT WAIT to get up at 7am on Saturday and go walk the dog down the park! :D ...

Other than that i dont see any hype you are talking about?

Me too,there is noting like going for a walk on a frosty morning or evening .

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mcriot29

Heres what i want for xmas prezzie
    http://science.nasa.gov/media/medialibrary/2012/01/17/aoindex2010.jpg
    The famous ao of -5 this must be the most neg it has been in years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭JanuarySnowstor

It looks to me that next week could well provide our highest mountain tops with a covering of snow at various stages.
    Only the highest ones though and certainly not widespread but worth a watch

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭pauldry

Even if there is a lot of near misses the North and Northwest will see some snow this Winter. More than last Winter's 3hr total from different days anywhooo.

And surely the East will get a bit. but Cork im afraid you will just have to cut yourselves off Ireland and hope that you float down to the Antartic with the Northerly blast.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Lucreto

Norway

http://i.imgur.com/GYEHb.jpg

Too big to actually post it.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭tylercollins

I was outside around 11pm tonight and it was quite mild, just popped out there now again and there is a big difference in temperature! Really need to get my weather station setup again this weekend for temperatures etc

First radar image suggesting snow is falling Near aberdeen! :) :pac:

225890.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

were can i buy a weather station for cheap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

You just need a thermometer my son. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    You just need a thermometer my son. :)

€4 in Woodies, kitchen section.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭Strangegravy

were can i buy a weather station for cheap

There was a good thread on here about weather stations, I'd say just search for it. For just temperature, pressure, dew points and such, somewhere like Maplin would be able to sort you out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »

hahahaa!... QUICK ! , wheres Calibos when we need him!!!? :pac:

Check out the radar for Scotland! ... alot of these showers will start turning wintry later this evening!

225918.png

First SNow Alert From the Met Office too for it..

Issued at: 1145 on Fri 26 Oct 2012
    Valid from: 1700 on Fri 26 Oct 2012
    Valid to: 0900 on Sat 27 Oct 2012
    A band of heavy wintry showers with gusty winds will spread southwards later on Friday and overnight into the early hours of Saturday. While showers are more likely to fall as rain, sleet or hail near coasts of England, inland areas, together with Scotland are likely to see some snow showers for a time. A few centimetres of snow may accumulate this evening across northern and parts of eastern Scotland, particularly over hills, with a risk of similar amounts across the North Yorkshire Moors through the middle part of Friday night. Elsewhere, snow amounts should be small, and mostly restricted to grassy surfaces but ice will present an additional hazard on untreated surfaces.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭Tindie

This was taking yesterday in UTAH...

Thundersnow Gust front anyone?!!

576427_455370451176362_997206640_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,572 ✭✭✭DominoDub

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shamrock841

EGPD 261720Z 31011KT 9999 4000E VCSH FEW016CB SCT018 01/M00 Q1017 TEMPO 1500 SHSN BKN010

Aberdeen aiports latest METAR, lucky buggers :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Some very low dewpoints this evening for a change. Ballyhaise -4.3C, Mullingar -5.3C. That layer of Sc is at 6,000 ft, a big improvement on the scuz of late.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

With the minus dew points and temps close to 0, shouldn't the Wicklow Mountains see some snow if some of those showers over the Irish Sea progress inland?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

First artic blast today here in NE scotland. Been snowing steady for the last hour about an inch lying now. It's pretty tonight but hope it stops soon got work in the morn.

Certainly the mountains would get a dusting, but the atmosphere's too stable this evening for much showery activity.

Meanwhile, Norway's first Polar Low of the season occurred to the north of the country on Wednesday. Stick this into a translator.

SAT_20121024_14_B.jpg?size=500x1000

• Registered Users Posts: 23,979 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

A few streamers pepping up over the sea nonetheless, would the temperature disparity cancel out the stability? winds too northerly to threaten the Wicklow mountains much

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Polar Air/winds, Wintry Showers, sub zero temperatures, widespread frost, gale force winds!!!!!! go on Evelyn you good thing ya!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Ahh just the sound of word " Polar Low" makes me happy inside , one day Su ! one day

EIDW AD WRNG 01 VALID 262300/270800 FROST FBL GND and FBL Air DEPOSITIONS LIKELY FCST=

Warnings are out for slight (FBL) ground and air frosts at all the airports tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

Ahh just the sound of word " Polar Low" makes me happy inside , one day Su ! one day

This could be the year! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Tom Cruises Left Nut

Su Campu wrote: »

Jesus Su, if you are excited I might explode ! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Su Campu wrote: »

Why Su... you set my heart a flutter with that one sentence!!! :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement