Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Winter/Spring 2013 (Model Output Discussion)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

Just had 1st wintry shower of the season! :D a 10 second Hail shower- 3.7C and -4C DP.

Dan :)

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭DavidJC

South east Dublin/North Wicklow just got a heavy hail/sleet shower. I'd say the mountain tops have a smattering of white

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Wolfe_IRE

MET EIREANN UPDATE AT 10.15PM

Further outlook : Early indications suggest that it will be very cold in the second half of next week, with daytime temperatures of 6 to 9 Celsius and with a risk of frost at night. There will be a good deal of dry, bright weather for the midlands, east and south, but occasional showers will occur, mainly in the southwest, west and north, with a risk of hail and thunder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭icesnowfrost

its a lovely crisp nite here in drogheda...hoping the morning will bring white grass,roads,paths for a nice walk with foggy breath :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭jamo2oo9

2 degrees Celsius tonight, shall we be expecting a minus by November in Ireland? It's your move Mother Nature

• Advertisement

jamo2oo9 wrote: »
    2 degrees Celsius tonight, shall we be expecting a minus by November in Ireland? It's your move Mother Nature

-1c in Johnstown, Kilkenny, already

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Caff Caff

Well the Donegal postman seems to think we'll have plenty of the white stuff before Christmas... he's 99% sure... he's checked his berries!!

will we ever have it like this again :Dhttp://youtu.be/Lcw7M3imVpQ

will we ever have it like this again :Dhttp://youtu.be/Lcw7M3imVpQ

bizarre video. Is he filming that woman secretly for the ISPCC? :pac:

Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    -1c in Johnstown, Kilkenny, already
    My accuweather(i know i know) says that it is 3°c out with Realfeel of -5°c here in North Dublin.

Michael Gallagher all the way!! :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭vickers209

Reports of snow falling in rathdrum on facebook 223770_474583105919918_1451762104_n.jpg

Looking like a horribly windy, wet and cool week next week. Plenty of wind and rain and slightly below average temps. After tonight, nothing wintry of any significance on the horizon for the next 7 days. Some subtle changes in the weekend model runs might see a change to that of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭Calibos

Caff Caff wrote: »
    Well the Donegal postman seems to think we'll have plenty of the white stuff before Christmas... he's 99% sure... he's checked his berries!!
    `

Well, as long as its not his 'Dangle Berries' he checked...:D
    Wolfe_IRE wrote: »
    bizarre video. Is he filming that woman secretly for the ISPCC? :pac:

If she slipped forward on the ice that baby could do some serious damage to her ribs.....:D

spoke to someone in rathdrum and they said there is no sign of any snow there

• Registered Users Posts: 7,572 ✭✭✭kingshankly

BLIZZARD7 wrote: »
    Just had 1st wintry shower of the season! :D a 10 second Hail shower- 3.7C and -4C DP.

There was hail stones in the summer this year never mind the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

We SNOOOOOW need one of these!!

http://uksnowmap.com/#/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭Su Campu

Met Éireann's aviation chart for 06Z shows a trough off the east coast of England and has associated weather of "occasional SHSN/TSSN (snow showers/THUNDERSNOW)!" I can't post it here I'm afraid.

That convection along the east coast has now stopped producing precipitation. A while ago I could see the city lights illuminating the cells but their tops were only to around 6 or 7,000 ft, so too shallow for anything long-lasting.

I like this tweet: :D
    @chrisfalconer Reports of snow falling in Newcastle. Met Office has upgraded local weather warning from "No shirt" to "Vest"

i no metcheck is not that reliable but this looks good :) check out Friday nov 2nd at 3pm
    http://www.metcheck.com/UK/precipicast.asp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭BLIZZARD7

There was hail stones in the summer this year never mind the winter

Hence why I said "1st wintry shower of the season" :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

A little spark of convection in Irish sea now, head for Wicklaw :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 7,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭pistolpetes11

Su Campu wrote: »
    This could be the year! ;)

:eek:
    Nabber wrote: »
    The Atlantic is throwing up some beautiful weather charts both east and west Atlantic.

120h out
    12103118_2618.gif

Can some one correct me.
    Is that the Polar low tea bagging Ireland and UK?

12110112_2618.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,272 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Feckin freezing in Cork tonight lads! This could be the start of it all....

A facebook friend just updated her status - she lives in Newcastle and said she came out of the cinema tonight and it was snowing :-O!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,150 ✭✭✭Deep Easterly

4am reports as per met.ie. Coolest over central regions.

225982.png

Chilly but beautiful night out here. 0.6c.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Snow reported in east Anglia, England too on the radio this morning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 853 ✭✭✭toexpress

Is frozen solid here ... so very very cold

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭eskimocat

Its still reading -3 here in the glen....

-3.5 C at Gurteen was the lowest reported in the synops at 7.

• Advertisement

No frost but bitter cold out this morning in North.Dublin. I see the gritters were out in force last night...brrrrrr

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement