Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Junior Cert 2012: CSPE

Options
  • 10-06-2012 3:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭

Monday 11th June
    1.30-3.00

Try to keep all CSPE discussion to this thread please.

Any ideas? I know the basic stuff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 ilovesmiles

the only thing in the whole exam you can study for is short questioms... I usually look over past papers the night before and its grand! Just know the ministers and important buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Chavways

CSPE

LOL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭ektec

Im quite worried about CSPE :P I have had no real education on it, but i should be fine :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Practise your poster drawing skills.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭ButtonBox

Just googled and found this thing:

http://www.taoiseach.gov.ie/eng/Taoiseach_and_Government/List_of_Ministers_Ministers_of_State/

Putting the name and department to the pictures at the beginning is where is where I almost always get zilch. :P
    I haven't looked through it all, cause I just literally googled it there, but it's worth a look?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

CSPE is divided into 3 sections.
    Section one will test your knowledge of democracy and law.You will either get short questions, true or false or picture questions.
    You need to know the president, the tanaiste , the taoiseach and where they live. You also need to know some ministers. Some famous people that work for charity also come up as well as the european union and banki moon.

Section 2: you get 4 pieces you do 3. They are very easy. Just read them and take the answers from them.

Section 3: pick one question. Know how to write a formal speech. Also if drawing a poster use colour. You get marks for it.

Best of luck guys. I hope to get an A in it. You can pass it just from your project

• Registered Users Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

To anyone who has their CSPE exam tomorrow and is reading this thread, people tend to leave CSPE before the allotted time is up, a good number of people go as soon as they're allowed to go (don't feel pressured to go, go when you're done). I did the exam to the best of my ability and was done in forty minutes. Now, CSPE has been rather stupidly, if I can say so, scheduled to take place a half hour before the LC Irish aural. Right when the masses will be leaving their exam...so guys, if you could somehow keep the noise down to a minimum and be really uncool and tell your friends the same, that would be super. Try to imagine yourselves in two/three times straining to hear exactly what someone with a thick Donegal accent is saying while a bunch of kids are tramping about like elephants, laughing and being hilarious by loudly expressing their sorrow that their CSPE grinds teacher didn't predict that poster. Save it until you're out of school, please.

Thanks. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Epic Username

What organisations and charity names do you need to know for CSPE? Just for the fill in the blanks questions.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

For charities you should know Trocaire, Bother and Barnardos.

For organisations, the european parliament, where they meet (Srasburg and Berlin), the united nations, I can't think of any others. Oh and know how many people are elected in the Dail and in the european parliament.

I presume you know what the Guardi Siochana (police) and the buildings like Leinster House, Aras an Ucharan and white house etc.

Hth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

I haven't studied for this but doesn't the poster always come up?
    I have an two hours in between the exams, I'll do a bit then.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

What just happened to the other thread!?

Yes the posters come up in Section 2. Your basically given the answers to the questions from the poster. You should have a look through the 7 concepts before the exam. I'm going to study after maths for cspe aswell.

The organisations and charities etc are in Section 1 but they can ask any question in that part.

Know your buildings and ministers for the pics(print them off gov.ie)

^^ Buildings came up last year I think so I'd say Ministers will come up.
    Last year S1 was a piece of piss, they gave you pictures of Buckingham Palce and asked who lives in it:rolleyes: Like are the examiners serious who wouldn't know that?

Hopefully this year they will give us Presidents or something.

I think it was a grand paper, although I missed one of the short questions about what was a army person in Ireland called (started with a P) I just said a patroller ;):D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 99 ✭✭Lor1963

President

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Junokevv

Was it Roll of Electoral?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Junokevv wrote: »

Register of Electors, I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭dalta5billion

I think it was a grand paper, although I missed one of the short questions about what was a army person in Ireland called (started with a P) I just said a patroller ;):D
    That would be the president you're defaming... :)

I think it was the Commander in Chief of the armed forces in Ireland or something like that.

Troxck wrote: »
    Junokevv wrote: »

Register of Electors, I think.

Yeah it's the register of electors

And I presume where they meet is Slane Castle, it's the the only caste beginning with an S I could thank of ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Sophieee

And I presume where they meet is Slane Castle, it's the the only caste beginning with an S I could thank of ;)

no, i'm pretty sure it was stormont castle - that's what I put down anyway.

• Advertisement

Sophieee wrote: »

no, i'm pretty sure it was stormont castle - that's what I put down anyway.

It's definitely stormount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

i Said parimilitary for the army question but not sure

Oozamine wrote: »

It's definitely the president :)

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Slane is in Kildare ffs.

Them questions were common knowledge. Stuff like what has been posted here is why people think all teenagers are thick!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭graeme157

Oozamine wrote: »

Paramilitary:

denoting or relating to a force with military structure conducting armed operations against a ruling or occupying power, e.g. Provisional IRA during the Irish Troubles.

How the **** could you not know what a paramilitary organisation is?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 LauraIrl

Lor1963 wrote: »
    It's definitely the president :)
    awks i said the police hahaha :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Was that Register of Electors question a multiple choice?

Electoral Rolls is an equally valid name for the Register of Electors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Oozamine

graeme157 wrote: »
    Paramilitary:

denoting or relating to a force with military structure conducting armed operations against a ruling or occupying power, e.g. Provisional IRA during the Irish Troubles.

How the **** could you not know what a paramilitary organisation is?

It was just a guess...relax

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

spurious wrote: »
    Was that Register of Electors question a multiple choice?

Electoral Rolls is an equally valid name for the Register of Electors.

Well, it was "...R_____ of E______" so I'm guessing they won't accept Electoral Rolls. I could be wrong though.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Troxck wrote: »
    Well, it was "...R_____ of E______" so I'm guessing they won't accept Electoral Rolls. I could be wrong though.

Oh OK, LOL they gave you half the answer.

I would say they will accept Roll of Electors. From my experience correcting they tend to be very lenient at JC and certainly it's not 'wrong'.

Advertisement