Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An image display bug in Chrome?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 3:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi all, I thought I would share this with you all, I've built my new website in HTML5 and CSS3 and I tested and tested used the Java Modernizer and it works brilliantly in ALL browsers when open locally.

So the next step, up load it - I put it all up on my server and again I tested it looks great in all browsers so that was Wednesday.

Today I went back to it on Chrome and images were not showing up, em strange so I went to firefox perfect there and then to IE and yep perfect there too, what's wrong with chrome, it wont show any image, neither the images in HTML or the images in CSS3.

The solution
    I did a bit of googling and couldn't find the problem and in my frustration I cleared all my browsing data and - well now it works fine again.

How can someone creating a website be sure their website will show up properly in Chrome and if it doesn't let them know they need to delete their browsing data.

Have any of you come across this before, is there a better solution. Why did it happen??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Feathers

Your browser can cache all sorts of things, but it's hard to tell exactly what's happening without seeing a webpage and/or looking at what you browser specfically is getting.

Next time you see it, open up the developer tools of Chrome, go the the "net" panel & reload the page. You'll be able to see where it's trying to load the images from (cache or network), if it's successful, how long it takes, etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Feathers wrote: »
    open up the developer tools of Chrome
    Just in case the thread starter doesn't know how to do this: press F12 when in Chrome and the dev tools should appear. The same keypress will also bring up the dev tools in IE9 and Firefox (once Firebug is installed).

Advertisement