Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this Elderflower?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭

Hi, was out walking today and picked some of this off a tree. Im hoping it's elderflower because I had planned to brew something with it at some stage. I looked at photos online and think its right. Can someone identify it from the pics? It has a fabulous smell. Thanks for any help.

4so7bc.jpg

16lgqv9.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,189 ✭✭✭yellowlabrador

It looks like it, I would have to see the leaves and stems to be positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

It looks like it, I would have to see the leaves and stems to be positive.

Thanks, I'll get more today and put up a better photo.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I agree it looks like it. The stems are in straight sections a little bit like canes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

looksee wrote: »
    I agree it looks like it. The stems are in straight sections a little bit like canes.

Thanks, I hope it is because I've already started my first brew of elderflower champagne. Funny, I thought I'd have to trek through fields trying to find it, and I end up locating it a few mins from the house. Happened to be one of the nicest days this year also, which apparently is good for the yeast levels in the flowers. Fingers crossed all goes to plan and I might be posting in the home brewing forum for the first time!

Advertisement