Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New sub €100 GPU for GF's Comp

Options
  • 10-06-2012 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Decided that I'm not going to sell her old PC to buy a new because i'm no longer getting that 1100T so I'll be keeping my 960T.
    But I recon I should upgrade her gpu because her comp seems grand with everything else but newer game have to be set to medium to low settings.

Here's what she currently has:
    Dell XPS 700 w/ 750W PSU
    CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.4Ghz
    RAM 4GB 533MHz DDR2 (x4 1GB sticks)
    GPU: 512MB Gigabyte Geforce GTX 9800
    SSD: 120GB Sandisk Ultra
    HDD1: 160GB Western Digital Velociraptor
    HDD2: 320GB Western Digital Caviar SE

She mainly uses her comp for games like Skyrim, Alice Madness Returns, Sims 3 etc @ 1680x1050, photoshop and genral web browsing

and since she uses photoshop I was thinknig maybe another nvidia card as those cuda cores will be very hand plus her mobo support SLI but not crossfire so would also leave another option for another future upgrade.
    Saw this GTX 460 for just over €100 on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.ie/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320922960626&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en

but i really want to keep it under €100 so any openions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

6850 is slightly higher than the 100 mark but its a great card.

Advertisement