Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotel/B&B close to NUI Galway

Options
  • 10-06-2012 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

I'm going to a wedding in the NUI chapel in October, and the reception is close by. Can you recommend a B&B or hotel within walking distance? We're looking for somewhere cheap & cheerful.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

You're pretty close to a load of B and Bs - just do a search, even Nun's Island isn't far.
    One online is http://www.deacysbb.com/area.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Friends stayed at St. Martin's Bed and Breakfast, Nun's Island.
    More here

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

NUIG do self catering apartments this time of year at

http://www.corribvillage.com/summer/index.html

Ah sorry re-read, it's October. Students back sorry. Westwood, go on you deserve a treat.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭ted2767

RubyGirl wrote: »
    NUIG do self catering apartments this time of year at

http://www.corribvillage.com/summer/index.html

Ah sorry re-read, it's October. Students back sorry. Westwood, go on you deserve a treat.

A treat?

Sorry can't see the connection if its a treat he/shes after go to glenlo abbey not the westwood.
    Average at best in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Westwood is nice enough and it's the closest. But OP surely it depends on where the reception is. No point staying close to the church if the reception is 20 miles away and you have to make your way back at 3am! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭Galwayps

Two more close by are Desota House on Newcastle Road and a little further away Dun Aoibhinn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

St. Martins B&B always gets great reviews and it's in a nice location.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Girlfriend

bubbaloo wrote: »
    But OP surely it depends on where the reception is. No point staying close to the church if the reception is 20 miles away and you have to make your way back at 3am! :pac:

Ha ha! This is true and I've considered it, don't worry! I've been told that the reception is within walking distance of the chapel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

We stayed at the Westwood House hotel in Galway last year. It is a lovely hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Girlfriend

Well that's good to hear cos the reception will be in the Westwood! :)

We think we'd rather stay in a B&B to keep the costs down though. Thank you for all the suggestions so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Girlfriend wrote: »
    Well that's good to hear cos the reception will be in the Westwood! :)

We think we'd rather stay in a B&B to keep the costs down though. Thank you for all the suggestions so far.

Ring the Westwood and ask them for the number for the closest b&b, I'm sure they wont mind, and the bride should have numbers aswell. She would have got them in the wedding package she got from the hotel.

Advertisement