Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

After two hours of reading threads I still have no idea! Any help appricated.

Options
  • 10-06-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭

Good afternoon all! My apologies for starting another newbie thread but my head is in a twist even after spending two hours of reading the forum.

I posted here a while back after buying an intellicig and whilst it got me off the smokes for a good two months the device failed badly and I went back on the straights. Vaping is the answer to my addiction so I'm looking for a good kit and would be greatful for any advice as I really don't have a clue.

I'm trying to avoid issues I had with the intellicig, such as clogging, leaking pre-filled cartridges, bad battery life and a less than sleek design(imitation cigarette), taking the throat off myself with the hit even though there was little vape coming out...:confused:

I'm willing to spend around the 80 quid mark on a set up. The XL Duel Coil that comes recommended in most threads seems to be sold out at the moment from e-smoke ireland.

Is it best to buy everything separate to build a master kit? or should I look else where for the duel coil above?

I'm looking for something refillable, reliable and most of all fool proof. I'd also like one can be used in conjunction with other brands products (such as batteries, chargers etc) I'm also afraid I'll put the wrong items together and endanger myself. I'm also concerned about battery weight in my hand and huge looking batteries.

I have a fair idea of juices and vg vs pg etc and buying glycerine for extra vape.

If anyone could explain things to me in the layest of lay terms as I have no idea what a duel coil even means/does etc I'd be very grateful. I'm also very excitable about the whole thing and can't wait to start trying out things.

I'm ashamed to admit but I'm a bit fanatical about smoking from everything from trying different brands, different rolling papers and as a weird one for a 23 year old woman even the odd pipe here and there. But alas I need to kick it for various reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

As I've only been vaping a short while myself, I can't give you any more info than you've already read regarding different kits, apart from what I use myself. However, whatever kit you get, I reckon any one with an Ego battery will be the most versatile when it comes to changing systems (from cartridges to cartomizers, to tanks, to dual coils etc.).

Personally, I've been using the Biansi Imist and, although I got a generic Imist atomizer, it's been working fine for 4 weeks so far. The atomizer and wicks are cleanable (but get a set of spare wicks as well if you choose it, they don't seem to last very long. Also, some of the juices I've been using are 60-40 PG-VG and these seem to gunk up the atomizer and wick more than the 75-25 juices, but this just means I have to clean the atomizer more often.

As far as battery size (and life) goes, I use the 650mah one and it's not big or heavy. I vape on and off during the day, and chain vape at night and each battery last between 1 - 1.5 days per charge. The more powerful batteries will last longer but are also longer in size.

I hope this helps, and good luck in finding a kit that suits.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Stefan_Cork

yeah any ego-t or better ego-c would be a solid starting set and is all you need.
    650mah or even 900 for longer lasting.
    Also you could try one those ce4+ clearomisers (vision stardust / ego), just order one with it, its not bad, ideal long wick version.
    They just pop onto one of the 2x batteries in any ego t/c or imist set, are a breeze to fill and cheap-ish.
    grab a couple juices and enjoy easy use and reliability of the starter sets.
    And you can try most devices with your batteries. (like cartomisers,tanks,clearomisers etc all with "510" or "eGo" connector thread)

if you need links let us know, also dont forget discount codes for cheaper shopping 10-15% off

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭pelluci

If you're going for the Ego-T or Ego-C, you should check out http://www.easy-eliquid.com they've 50% off at the moment (although I've no idea how long postage takes.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Cheers for the help!

Pretty much decided on the eGo C.

Is it better to buy the branded Joye one or go for the non branded?

Is there much difference in quality for the sake of 20 quid?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Is it best to buy everything separate to build a master kit? or should I look else where for the duel coil above?

dont know that anybody else has the kits atm
    I'm looking for something refillable, reliable and most of all fool proof. I'd also like one can be used in conjunction with other brands products (such as batteries, chargers etc) I'm also afraid I'll put the wrong items together and endanger myself. I'm also concerned about battery weight in my hand and huge looking batteries.

the ego batteries have ego and 510 fittings so they'll do for the majority of devices. if you dont want a larger battery you'll definitely want to skip the 1000mah's. the 650mahs are the smallest but.. not great battery life compared to the 900/1000mahs. one of them oughta last you a deecnt length of time I guess, but I dont know if it'll last all day. a 900mah oughta last all day but would be a bit longer than the 650.
    I have a fair idea of juices and vg vs pg etc and buying glycerine for extra vape.

If anyone could explain things to me in the layest of lay terms as I have no idea what a duel coil even means/does etc I'd be very grateful. I'm also very excitable about the whole thing and can't wait to start trying out things.

the coil is the resistance wire inside the atomiser that's wrapped around the wicking material so it heats up, vapourises the juice.. gives vapour, etc etc.
    dual coils just means there's two of them, drains the battery faster but warmer vapour and it changes the flavour slightly.

I'm ashamed to admit but I'm a bit fanatical about smoking from everything from trying different brands, different rolling papers and as a weird one for a 23 year old woman even the odd pipe here and there. But alas I need to kick it for various reasons.

well you'll easily find stuff to tinker with with ecigs. if you dont like cartomisers, you can try the ego-c, the biansi imist, direct dripping, cartomiser tanks, some of the more expensive american made atomisers, etc etc etc

cant see the cartomiser starter kits anywhere, so if you want to try them out

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/batteries/124-joye-ego-c-battery.html
    2-650mah batteries

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/90-fast-usb-charger-for-joye-ego-tornado-eco-ego-riva.html charger

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/chargers/79-mains-to-usb-adaptor.html
    usb-mains adapter for charger

ill reccomend 3 different types of cartomiser here..

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/143-ego-vision-v2.html

never used these, but a few people say they're very good. they do eat juice pretty fast from what I hear but about as simple as it gets to use. just unscrew mouthpiece, pour juice in.. go.

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/133-dual-coil-lr-xl-cartomizer.html

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/blank-cartomizers/138-510-xl-lr-empty-cartomiser.html

the first link is the dual coil, warmer vape and the dual coil affects the flavour.. some prefer it, some dont.

second link are boges, the vape wont be as warm but because of that the flavour will be a little... cleaner. hard to describe really, means nothing unless you've tried both and you know what i'm talking about.

if you dont mind spending a bit up front, be no harm ordering 2-3 of each to try out.. see which you prefer

http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/drip-tips/51-transparent-drip-tips.html

drip tip. youll want one of these if you're going for either of the last two I linked. they just slot onto the top of the cartomiser, they're nnot neccesary but it's so much better to use these than to have to wrap our mouth around a potentially hot cartomiser.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

this comes in at €45.92 (inc shipping) using the code 5yearsteeceetrade

Few of us ordered stuff mid last week and some got deliveries today :)

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Chain_reaction

Elbow wrote: »

You legend!

So excited!!

Going on a juice hunt now :)

Sorry about the over excitement, I'm like a child at Christmas here so much to play with and it won't ruin me like straights which although I adore them are killing me slowly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Elbow

Elbow wrote: »

You legend!

So excited!!

Going on a juice hunt now :)

Sorry about the over excitement, I'm like a child at Christmas here so much to play with and it won't ruin me like straights which although I adore them are killing me slowly.

E-smokeireland.eu do some damn tasty juices!

Advertisement