Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Greystones

• 10-06-2012 6:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi! We are hoping to move to Greystones this summer with two small children. Love the idea of living a short stroll from town so we have zoned in on Heathervue & Hillside. However we are not sure if the houses are well insulated. We are leaving a cold house where in winter less than half an hour after the heat is switched off, the house is cold. We are hoping to move to a warmer house - preferably a cavity wall instead of cavity brick.

Our question is does anyone if the houses in either estate have problems with insulation / hard to heat / draughty etc?

Viewed some houses and noticed dark patches on walls - from top to bottom in an irregular pattern. Estate agent said it was the way the houses are plastered?! Have also got different answers on if cavity wall or cavity brick.

If anyone knows either estate, we'd be delighted to get more information / ideas / impressions before we jump into buying a house!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I couldn't tell you, but you'd get a much better response in the Greystones forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

I would say unless the lack of insulation has been addressed by the owner then you will have an issue. We are living in one of those estates and it's v v cold in winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rieo

Thanks for replies.

I've posted the question under Greystones / Charlesland forum.

Blingy - after viewing some houses, we were concerned about insulation and heating. We had a feeling they could be very cold.

The strange thing is that none of the houses we viewed had a BER cert yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

I live in hillside, as the houses have been here quite a while at this stage the insulation isn't the best. We reinsulated our attic a few months ago quite cheaply and the difference has been amazing. I'd never have said it was a cold house, but having been in other peoples their houses are so I'd say it depends house to house.

Advertisement