Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to live?

Options
  • 10-06-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey guys!

Moving to dublin at the end of this month, and would like to know what are the best areas and what places to avoid

Like:calmness, good transportation, green
    Dislike: crime, noise, dense areas

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Do you have a job or college commitments? Where are these. Any other preferences? How far out are you willing to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭InsaneChef

thanks for the quick reply

i would like to start of sharing flat with someone (300-500€), and maybe to have something on my own in the not-too-far future for 500-700€

i will be studying in the ringsend area

looking for a place not at the city center (too noisy) but not too far, so i can get to work and study with a bike, no need for bus/train

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Sandymount

You'll get a grand double room for that budget in a houseshare

Easy cycle or walk and it's a lovely area, pretty quiet

thanks but sandymount seems a bit too expensive (500 or even 600 for shares) and not much offer (only 6 offers on daft.ie)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

For that price range you might be looking more at East Wall and coming over the bridge every day.

• Advertisement

these 2 options seem quite nice

in any case, economics aside, do these areas fulfill my requirements as in noise, crime and greens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Had a quick look at daft, Ringsend and Irishtown are a bit pricier then I thought

Good call above with East Wall, lots of decently priced rooms to rent on daft.ie
    Like:calmness, good transportation, green
    Dislike: crime, noise, dense areas

Well you've the Dart and Luas not far.
    Up the road from East Wall is the promenade from Clontarf to Sutton, grand for you on your bike for a nice cycle or jog
    If you fancy a match after your study there are astro pitches in Irishtown stadium

Crime? No worse then most other areas
    You don't drive so that's something, no car left out on the street at night

Advertisement