Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20,000 strong group of EVIL on Faceebok

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

prinz wrote: »
    Actually you haven't. All you have said is 'some people find it funny' but nobody has actually explained why. I would lose total respect for anyone who found it remotely funny.
    Aww diddums.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

Actually you haven't. All you have said is 'some people find it funny' but nobody has actually explained why. I would lose total respect for anyone who found it remotely funny.

Like I said, humour is subjective. There's nothing inherently funny about child abuse, just as there's nothing inherently funny about anything. The humour is found by the individual who finds it funny, but that comes from the person not the material.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

dj jarvis wrote: »
    the last 3 posts have answered that question , you wanna troll - go else where

The last 3 posts have just said some people find it funny, so perhaps the people that do, can share with us exactly which aspects of padoephilia they find funny

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Opticom wrote: »
    The last 3 posts have just said some people find it funny, so perhaps the people that do, can share with us exactly which aspects of padoephilia they find funny

are you going to ignore the fact that pedo bear has nothing to do with sex crimes , you do understand that dont you ?

why others find actual sex crimes funny i have no idea , you might ask them

this facebook page is a piss take - simple as

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Aww diddums.

"pedobear" on google images.. one of the first results is

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hbftvvk0tok/TGUoCizIMsI/AAAAAAAAAMk/nRy7pS5oXI8/s1600/pedobear.jpg

Hilarious. My sides are splitting.

"pedobear" on google images.. one of the first results is

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Hbftvvk0tok/TGUoCizIMsI/AAAAAAAAAMk/nRy7pS5oXI8/s1600/pedobear.jpg

Hilarious. My sides are splitting.

so your telling me if ANYBODY took pedo bear seriously it would be one of the first images up on google ????

not your humor - granted , but that is all it is - toilet humor

get over it

not your humor - granted , but that is all it is - toilet humor. get over it

Humour which revolves around child abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I have'nt fallen for anything, I'm still asking exactly what's funny about any aspect of padoephilia ?

Nothing. Does that anser it?

If course, no one said it was.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

[QUOTE=prinz;79133704]Humour which revolves around child abuse.[/QUOTE]

it does not - can you not read english

pedo bear HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTUAL CHILD ABUSE

and neither does the poxy facebook page

i suggest you find another bandwagon to jump on

this is getting really tiresome that some people just are not getting this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Can someone explain to me exactly what's funny about any aspect of child sexual abuse or padoephilia ?
    I don't find paedophilia funny in the least but I often find jokes at the expense of bastards who abuse children hilarious, and I also find poking fun at tabloid hysteria, which only aids in the demonisation of men having any dealings with children, hilarious also

are you going to ignore the fact that pedo bear has nothing to do with sex crimes , you do understand that dont you ?

why others find actual sex crimes funny i have no idea , you might ask them

this facebook page is a piss take - simple as

If you don't find it funny, then you've no need to keep replying.

I am asking if anyone who does find it funny, can explain why, and for some reason you keep replying ?

Now back to the question, of those who do find it funny, can anyone explain exactly which aspect of padoephilia they find funny ?

it does not - can you not read english
    pedo bear HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTUAL CHILD ABUSE

'"pedo"bear - I swear I didn't know she was 3'.......... you don't think the humour there has anything to do with child abuse? :confused: Note I never said it referred to "actual" child abuse, you're off on your own little tangent to a large degree.

Also this fear mongering about pedophiles is causing more bad than good. Yes, it's an absolutely terrible and disgusting thing, but you're much better off educating your children about it and ensuring they're smart rather than going off and fetching the pitchforks and torches over something as silly as Pedobear.

Like it or not, there are always going to be sick people in this world. Educate the children, make them realize what's wrong and what can be done about it, thus making it harder for pedophiles.

If you don't find it funny, then you've no need to keep replying.

I am asking if anyone who does find it funny, can explain why, and for some reason you keep replying ?

Now back to the question, of those who do find it funny, can anyone explain exactly which aspect of padoephilia they find funny ?

In the case of pedobear, the humour seems to be at the expense of the paedophiles. I doubt many people find the suffering of victims of paedophiles funny.
    Just because a person finds humour relating to something funny, it doesn't mean that they find the thing itself funny.
    I know a few people who like dead-baby jokes, but don't think dead babies are funny.
    I don't think hotels are funny, but I think Fawlty Towers is one of the greatest comedies ever written.

No-one posting in this thread seems to find Pedobear funny. But the BrassEye "Paedogeddon" special is a good example of humour which has paedophilia as its subject, but does not find humour in paedophilia. Rather it finds humour in mocking paedophiles and hysterical media coverage of paedophilia. I'd imagine that like me, a few other posters found it funny.
    Why don't you ask the members of the facebook group what they find funny about Pedobear, as I don't think you'll get an answer here.

Onixx wrote: »
    I don't find paedophilia funny in the least but I often find jokes at the expense of bastards who abuse children hilarious, and I also find poking fun at tabloid hysteria, which only aids in the demonisation of men having any dealings with children, hilarious also

Do you think most victims of paedophilia or their families find any jokes about paedophiles funny ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Do you think most victims of paedophilia or their families find any jokes about paedophiles funny ?

Probably not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

You cannot possible be this stupid.
    I work in customer service and yes people can be that stupid..you're IQ gets lower the longer you work with the general public

'"pedo"bear - I swear I didn't know she was 3'.......... you don't think the humour there has anything to do with child abuse? :confused: Note I never said it referred to "actual" child abuse, you're off on your own little tangent to a large degree.

LOL

no i dont think it has anything to do with it - its a tee shirt in bad taste

do you think pedos wear them while stalking children ? really ???

im not off on a tangent at all - i replying to the clowns who think the tee shirt leads to or has anything to do with sex crimes

read my posts , its clear as day what i mean

sex crimes never funny - bad taste tee shirts some times are

any more info needed lads ?

answer me this - if it had anything to do with actual sex crimes dont you think the main web providers would be on it in a flash
    they allow it because its just humor in bad taste - jesus i cant hear the football for all the galloping of the high horses here tonight

I'd assume plenty don't - and it's understandable. But that doesn't change the fact that those who haven't been affected by sexual abuse may find such jokes funny.

In the case of pedobear, the humour seems to be at the expense of the paedophiles.

I'm still trying to understand what's humourous about the subject or their methods

• Advertisement

I'd assume plenty don't - and it's understandable. But that doesn't change the fact that those who haven't been affected by sexual abuse may find such jokes funny.

And I'm trying to understand why, but no one has answered this question.

Rather it finds humour in mocking paedophiles and hysterical media coverage of paedophilia. I'd imagine that like me, a few other posters found it funny..

I too find that funny, in terms of the Paedo Finder General sketch on Monkey Dust. What I don't find funny is using the pedobear meme as synonymous with jailbait and unfortunately I have been on the receiving end of emails from halfwits which feature harmless enough pictures of girls/teens with pedobear inserts etc. The aim of none of them was to mock paedophiles or present a critical analysis of media coverage.

I'm still trying to understand what's humourous about the subject or their methods

And that's why I've told you twice to find people who think paedophilia-based humour is funny and ask them.

You're not really.

And I'm trying to understand why, but no one has answered this question.
    They have. :confused:

Have you ever told a racist joke, a sexist joke, a joke at somebody else's expense, a joke about someone's (perhaps a celebrity) death, or any other form of crude joke or ever laughed at one? If you say no, you're a liar. Why did you find that funny, when they're as bad as jokes about pedophilia?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

I hope you don't look at any comedy, be it in stand up comedy or in the form of TV shows or movies. You come across like someone just finding out the first time the phenomenon that humour isn't always sparkly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Lol at the dim individuals getting trolled. I doubt they lose often in the ylyl threads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

BEASTERLY wrote: »
    I can't believe this. I'm actually lost for words.

Warning not a feel good story: http://www.abc17news.com/news.php?id=6157

20,000 sickos communicating like this and Facebook just sit back and watch it happen? I won't ever be setting up an account on there now anyway, pigs!

ha

haha

hahahahaha
    hhahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAA!

*cries* thanks OP, that made my day. welcome to the internet.

LOL really ???
    im not off on a tangent at all - i replying to the clowns who think the tee shirt leads to or has anything to do with sex crimes no i dont think it has anything to do with it - its a tee shirt in bad taste

So what is the joke if it has nothing to do with child abuse? On the one hand you are saying it has nothing with do with child abuse, on the other you have posters who readily admit that it has.. because apparently it's aimed at mocking paedophiles. You can't have it both ways. Either paedophilia as a concept is the theme of the joke or it isn't.

• Advertisement

I too find that funny, in terms of the Paedo Finder General sketch on Monkey Dust. What I don't find funny is using the pedobear meme as synonymous with jailbait and unfortunately I have been on the receiving end of emails from halfwits which feature harmless enough pictures of girls/teens with pedobear inserts etc. The aim of none of them was to mock paedophiles or present a critical analysis of media coverage.

I wouldn't find that funny, and I don't think most people would, but at the same time, it's not really disturbing stuff either.
    If the pictures aren't sexual in nature, then I don't see what's so wrong about them.
    Again, I don't think pictures like that are funny, but I wouldn't get outraged by them either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

People need to laugh at really really serious things because to not do so means that all the really bad sh it in the world succeed in stripping us of a little bit of light until all we are left with is darkenss.

So what is the joke if it has nothing to do with child abuse? On the one hand you are saying it has nothing with do with child abuse, on the other you have posters who readily admit that it has.. because apparently it's aimed at mocking paedophiles. You can't have it both ways. Either paedophilia as a concept is the theme of the joke or it isn't.

Or, you know, we all have different opinions? v0v

hahahwhwhwhwhhahwhhw

i give up

good luck with your pointless crusade

hahahwhwhwhwhhahwhhw
    i give up .good luck with your pointless crusade

What crusade would that be?

Pushtrak wrote: »
    I hope you don't look at any comedy, be it in stand up comedy or in the form of TV shows or movies. You come across like someone just finding out the first time the phenomenon that humour isn't always sparkly.

It's obvious some people find it funny, I've seen no one dispute that, so which aspect of paedophilia/padoephiles is funny, is it their methods ? and if so why ?

What crusade would that be?

the pointless one

Can someone explain to me exactly what's funny about any aspect of child sexual abuse or padoephilia ?

Can you explain what's so wrong about peadophilia or sex abuse being the subject of humour in any form?

It's obvious some people find it funny, I've seen no one dispute that, so which aspect of paedophilia/padoephiles is funny, is it their methods ? and if so why ?

I love it that you have skipped my question completely.
    Have you ever told a racist joke, a sexist joke, a joke at somebody else's expense, a joke about someone's (perhaps a celebrity) death, or any other form of crude joke or ever laughed at one? If you say no, you're a liar. Why did you find that funny, when they're as bad as jokes about pedophilia?

• Advertisement

I don't find paedophilia funny in the least but I often find jokes at the expense of bastards who abuse children hilarious

Can you give an example and tell us why you find it hilarious ?

Jesus give it a rest, some people find it funny, you don't, whoop-di-fúcking-do.

It won't matter what answer you're given, because you won't agree with it regardless, so your questions will be never ending and ultimately pointless.

As another poster has said, have you ever laughed at a joke made at someone else's expense? If you say no, you are lying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

can we not go back to drawing pictures of the prophet of islam..he liked kids too and on the plus side we can take the piss out of religion too

the pointless one

What a fantastic answer, reinforces my own position nicely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

your post right here is the joke

Helix wrote: »
    your post right here is the joke

Do explain.

• Advertisement

I love it that you have skipped my question completely.

Simple, I don't see how any aspect regarding the abuse of children could be funny, and I don't tell or laugh at that type of joke. That's what the OP is about. Perhaps now you'll answer my question, instead of trying the diversions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

...what's funny about any aspect of padoephilia ?

Genitals are always funny and kids always say the darndest things.
    Those two combined? Hilarity.

Black humour helps people to deal/cope with heinous acts, and loosens the noose that usually keeps talk of these kinds of subjects dead in "civilised" conversation.
    Anything that makes a mockery of paedophiles is a good thing, and this is what you neocons are arguing against. So, why do you want paedophiles to get an easy time of it?
    Friends? Family? Latent desires?

Simple, I don't see how any aspect regarding the abuse of children could be funny, and I don't tell or laugh at that type of joke. That's what the OP is about. Perhaps now you'll answer my question, instead of trying the diversions.
    You didn't answer his question.

grindle wrote: »
    So, why do you want paedophiles to get an easy time of it? Friends? Family? Latent desires?

Christ on a bike.

Jesus give it a rest, some people find it funny, you don't, whoop-di-fúcking-do.

It won't matter what answer you're given, because you won't agree with it regardless, so your questions will be never ending and ultimately pointless.

As another poster has said, have you ever laughed at a joke made at someone else's expense? If you say no, you are lying.

The issue is not what I find funny or don't, I'm trying to understand exactly what aspect of paedophilia or paedophiles, or their techniques etc. other people find funny and why. I think the reactions are almost as intresting as the fact the question has not been answered.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement