Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20,000 strong group of EVIL on Faceebok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

prinz wrote: »
    What if they did? Does that make it ok? Of course finding it funny doesn't preclude more sinister interests.

yes - yes it does , does that solve this issue for you ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

dj jarvis wrote: »
    yes - yes it does , does that solve this issue for you ?

So I send you cartoons of somebody being lynched because of the colour of their skin, it's ok if I find it funny?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

I'd suggest that if you have to explain a joke in that kind of detail then it's not particularly effective or funny to begin with which is perhaps why I don't find the pedobear stuff funny at all, whereas I can laugh at other sketches on the same topic.

I agree, but as I've said, everyone has their own ideas about what's funny, and some people would laugh at something that I would need to have explained to me, and vice versa.

So I send you cartoons of somebody being lynched because of the colour of their skin, it's ok if I find it funny?

no because its a real human getting hurt , so no i would not , you do understand context is EVERYTHING don't you ?

as far as im aware pdeo bear has never harmed a child , and im still waiting for you link to the proof that real pedos use this cartoon for sinister uses

you know your post earlier that you eluded to this fact , im here all night

clutching at straws now - i suggest you sleep on this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If it had a funny tagline I would probably find it funny, some of the funniest and most offensive race jokes I've ever gotten have been from black friends.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

I'd suggest that if you have to explain a joke in that kind of detail then it's not particularly effective or funny to begin with which is perhaps why I don't find the pedobear stuff funny at all, whereas I can laugh at other sketches on the same topic.

God loves eveybody.Pedobear has a special spot in his heart.it proves christians have a sense of humour....or not.

as for pedobear he prefers young boys

no because its a real human getting hurt , so no i would not , you do understand context is EVERYTHING don't you ?

No, it's a cartoon. Real humans get hurt by child abuse too.....

No, it's a cartoon. Real humans get hurt by child abuse too.....

oh christ - will you stop , seriously , take a break , have a drink if you take one , deep breath , and look at the sun set

look at a re run of the ireland game , that will cheer you up

the world will be good again in the morning

oh christ - will you stop , seriously , take a break , have a drink if you take one , deep breath , and look at the sun set

look at a re run of the ireland game , that will cheer you up

the world will be good again in the morning
    you forgot to mention a quick prayer to the bearded sky fairy,wishing for intelligence on all his subjects.....

some more than other's obviously.

only reason he does is because he CAN

I'll go have a pint, you go look at pictures of children and a cartoon "pedo"bear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Opticom wrote: »
    I have'nt fallen for anything, I'm still asking exactly what's funny about any aspect of padoephilia ?
    I don't know, you'd have to ask your local priest.

This is beyond funny, how diabolically "ignorant" the press is.

I'll go have a pint, you go look at pictures of children and a cartoon "pedo"bear.

now now - just because you made yourself look like a blabbering fool , who fought a pointless fight does, not mean you can insinuate that i should go off and look at photos of children - you sad sack of S**t

lost the argument and now takes the ball away - grow up
    because your performance tonight just screams you really need to do some growing up

im so grown up im not even going to report you for that ****e

idiot

now now - just because you made yourself look like a blabbering fool , who fought a pointless fight does, not mean you can insinuate that i should go off and look at photos of children - you sad sack of S**t

Given that that's exactly what makes up a large percentage of the pedobear 'jokes' I was just describing them.

Given that that's exactly what makes up a large percentage of the pedobear 'jokes' I was just describing them.

no , you were talking ****e , as you have been ALL night

NEVER insinuate i should go look at photos of children again , because i will not be so forgiving next time

you give out about people laughing at a adult cartoon that has nothing to do with the real world of sex crimes , yet you make a tit of yourself and then suggest i do the very thing you were bitching about ??

as i said - idiot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Which acts of child abuse do you think are best dealt with by laughing at ?

LOL, you

see what I did there?

actually, I sincerly doubt you do.......

...because i will not be so forgiving next time

What are you nattering about? You're upset because I suggested you look at some harmless jokes to unwind?

What are you nattering about? You're upset because I suggested you look at some harmless jokes to unwind?

no , because you suggested i look at pictures of children , and in a debate about child sex abuse , that is out of line , full stop , you know what you were insinuating , so live and die by your words

silly boy

,.... in a debate about child sex abuse

Ya what?
    it does not - can you not read english
    pedo bear HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH ACTUAL CHILD ABUSE

Make your mind up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

I don't find them funny, or jokes at other peoples expense, or jokes that put other people down, that's just me, it's not my sense of humour. That's why I'm asking.
    You have just answered your own question. Give yourself a pat on the back.

Humor is subjective. If you ask for a form of humour to be explained to you, you will never get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

When I get emails of pictures of young girls that have been taken off facebook accounts and the likes with a photoshopped paedobear and a rating out of 10, then no I don't think the satire went over my head.

The Federal Bureau of Investigation has logged a record of this chat along with the IP addresses of the participants due to potential violations of U.S. law. Reference no. 2334453436. Your IP address has been entered into our suspect database and may be sent to Child Protective Services. Please wait while memory ref. code 90637895 is entered into the database.
    Seriously, this is stupid. The meme came from 4chan (yes, oldfag reporting in) as a response to this kind of moral panic bullplop. The humour lies in people like OP who mindlessly follow these panics without ever thinking about them.

• Advertisement

V_Moth wrote: »
    The humour lies in people like OP who mindlessly follow these panics without ever thinking about them.

Which, if done correctly, can be hilarious. Don't see it in pedobear stuff myself as I've said many times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,423 ✭✭✭V_Moth

Also, I would suggest watching the Brass Eye Paedogeddon episode (NSFW and <18's - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLyLGrbKokI) to see how ridiculous a lot of these kind of tabloid moral panics really are.

I just told my 15 yr old daughter about this Pedobear and she laughed...even she can see it for the joke it is. Its been around for years. He's a legend on the interweb by all accounts.

http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/pedobear

Ya what?

Make your mind up.

you were the one that decided that it was about child sex abuse , read back your many many pointless posts

i have said its a harmless adult cartoon

so by your own standards it was about harming children and child sex , then you tell me to go and look at photos of children

you make your ****ing mind up you dope ,

you were the one that decided that it was about child sex abuse

I said the theme of the jokes is child sex abuse. Which I don't think anybody can deny. Even if the aim is to mock paedophiles, or mock media hype, the theme is still child sex abuse.

I said the theme of the jokes is child sex abuse. Which I don't think anybody can deny. Even if the aim is to mock paedophiles, or mock media hype, the theme is still child sex abuse.

with that in mind you tell me to go and look at photos of children ?

with that in mind you tell me to go and look at photos of children ?

Nope I suggested you go look at pedobear jokes, harmless adult cartoons. A harmless adult cartoon with a theme revolving around child abuse.

Nope I suggested you go look at pedobear jokes, harmless adult cartoons. A harmless adult cartoon with a theme revolving around child abuse.

no no , you said go look at photos of children AND pedo cartoons

BIG difference - want me to go back and get the post for ya

*** can ya hear the back peddling ***

and it revolves around what you think it does - you go with that , and ignore the vast vast majority who firmly disagree with you

its a crass joke that you dont get - but the real joke is that you just are not getting it and paraded that fact to AH - bravo sir , i could not have insulted you any better if i tried

no no , you said go look at photos of children AND pedo cartoons. BIG difference - want me to go back and get the post for ya

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m8ZxGilwzps/TDsSWjb7-gI/AAAAAAAAAi0/T9vMnpYqOx8/s400/Pedobear.jpg

Picture of child? Check. Cartoon pedobear? Check. Picture of child and cartoon pedobear? Yes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

eviltwin wrote: »
    I just told my 15 yr old daughter about this Pedobear and she laughed...even she can see it for the joke it is. Its been around for years. He's a legend on the interweb by all accounts.

Well if your daughter finds it funny then it must be funny.

here ya go

Well if your daughter finds it funny then it must be funny.

It shows she - and other kids like her - have more of a concept of what the idea behind Pedobear is all about which is more than can be said for some of the folk on here whose heads it seems to be going right over.

here ya go

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m8ZxGilwzp...0/Pedobear.jpg

Yep, exactly what I described.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m8ZxGilwzps/TDsSWjb7-gI/AAAAAAAAAi0/T9vMnpYqOx8/s400/Pedobear.jpg

Picture of child? Check. Cartoon pedobear? Check. Picture of child and cartoon pedobear? Yes.

so would it be funnier if the supposed tiger was chasing the girl - just asking like

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 618 ✭✭✭Carter P Fly

Pedo bear is nowhere near as fubar as electric retard..

Its a cartoon bear!!! Were it a real man okay it would be a bit weird but its a cartoon bear!!!! :eek:

dsmythy wrote: »

yea prinz be careful - you might wake this monstrous beast :eek:

It shows she - and other kids like her - have more of a concept of what the idea behind Pedobear is all about which is more than can be said for some of the folk on here whose heads it seems to be going right over.

Are there any jokes you don't find funny?

Are there any jokes you don't find funny?
    whats the best thing about burn victims....

they stick together

that was always a non-funny joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What is her concept of it, though? You sure she just doesn't find it funny because others do?

I suppose it's great that adolescents have a good grasp of what pedophillia actually means.. even though a child abuser is 95% more likely to be a relation.. and not a cartoon character hiding in a thorn bush.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,652 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Do people in this thread find this offensive?

What is her concept of it, though? You sure she just doesn't find it funny because others do?

I suppose it's great that adolescents have a good grasp of what pedophillia actually means.. even though a child abuser is 95% more likely to be a relation.. and not a cartoon character hiding in a thorn bush.

They can see it for what it is. A meme that the world is perverts around every corner just ready to grab a child.

The world is not 99% dirty pervs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

btard wrote: »
    Can you explain what is funny about any aspect of our saviour riding a bike?

The devil nicked the saddle!

Jesus wept.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭Opticom

Would you or her have found it as funny if someone in your family suffered child abuse ? One in four people in Ireland experience sexual abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

I haven't read the entire thread but I read the article.

We need to find this bear NOW and kill it!

im getting tired so ill give it a go to end it for me

if children learn from this harmless meme that a pedophile is something to be aware of and afraid of and in a humorous manner then what is the problem ?

no web site i know of bans this meme as far as im aware , why is this ?
    is it because it does not promote or enable pedophilia in anyway ?

in fact, have not many people not being having the debate about it tonight , this has to be a good thing

and prinz, your insinuation was low , and duly noted , but i pose this question
    if you find the indisputable link between this meme and child sex crime and pedophilia (as you have been the main flag waver on this ) why are you a fully signed up member of a web site that EVERYDAY has a new pedo bear meme on it ?
    put your money where your mouth is, demand that this abhorrent pedophile enabling cartoon be removed from boards or leave

or were you just talking **** ?

Would you or her have found it as funny if someone in your family suffered child abuse ? One in four people in Ireland experience sexual abuse.

I have experienced sex abuse as a child and as an adult. Sometimes you have to laugh at it, it gives you a little bit of power back to laugh at them. It doesn't take away from how horrific it was but sometimes its the only way to stop yourself going crazy.

Do people in this thread find this offensive?

i posted that about a year ago , people found it funny then
    it makes pedos look even smaller and more pathetic than they are,
    problem?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

So... a ten year old meme still confuses the shit out of AH posters?

unsurprising.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement