Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

20,000 strong group of EVIL on Faceebok

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

eviltwin wrote: »
    They can see it for what it is. A meme that the world is perverts around every corner just ready to grab a child..

Yes great social commentary indeed.

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_kvcnd7FUuI1qzhb4oo1_400.jpg

http://us4.memecdn.com/pedobear_o_161192.jpg

http://gifsforum.com/images/meme/pedobear/grand/pedobear-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-42.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Superbus

This is the worst thread I've ever read.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I suffered sexual abuse, and I find pedo bear funny so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

prinz wrote: »

fair ball :D
    i was unhappy about the football result but you have put the smile back on my face

because i can tell the difference between reality and a cartoon

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

I'll go have a pint, you go look at pictures of children and a cartoon "pedo"bear.

What age are you? 10?

Or maybe I should say 18 just in case I'm misconstrued....

Kumejima wrote: »
    What age are you? 10?....

27. Going to expand on that?

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Kumejima

27. Going to expand on that?

*holds head in hands*

Kumejima wrote: »
    *holds head in hands*

So sense of humour is a constant with age now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Heh, this thread reminds me of the brass eye 'team' spoof on channel 4.
    Amazing some people can so gulable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭jiltloop

If you don't get a joke then back away from the people who are sharing it. Obviously you don't have the same sense of humour as 90% of the people on this thread. You're arguing in circles and its bloody annoying. You're one of those people I avoid in the real non internet world because you have a very bland and non-risque sense of humour.

What are you hoping to acheive by your frustrating and repetitive questions? You don't get the joke and you never will so stop being an annoying bore and google the word satire.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

So sense of humour is a constant with age now is it?
    Most people have an assumption that wisdom comes with age. You are challenging that assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 115 ✭✭FullRetard

thats the first time i ever got an erection reading an afterhours thread.

I just love pictures of teddy bears wading through water,their fur all wet and glistening......

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭DonQuay1

'"pedo"bear - I swear I didn't know she was 3'.......... you don't think the humour there has anything to do with child abuse? :confused: Note I never said it referred to "actual" child abuse, you're off on your own little tangent to a large degree.

Actually ...I don't think you can have a '.... little tangent to a large degree.' A tangent has to have an angle of 180 degrees - if my leaving cert still functions - which is as big as it gets ... !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Is this actually for real....

Wow, slow news day in ABC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

But he's evolved from cartoon form......
    And hes already here!

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Most people have an assumption that wisdom comes with age. You are challenging that assumption.

What exactly does wisdom have to do with finding something funny? Perhaps you are getting me mixed up with the OP.

It is after all 'toilet humour' as described by one person who sees the funny side, how wise must one be to find that level of entertainment funny?

What exactly does wisdom have to do with finding something funny? Perhaps you are getting me mixed up with the OP.
    Not humour or finding something funny. Understanding a point that is laid out before you. People have tried to explain this to you and you can't understand it. Hence, I would say a lack of wisdom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

What a ridiculous article! Then again, in fairness this is the very tripe you see day in day out on certain American news sources, some one should contact the Daily Mail, I'm sure they'd be very interested in running this particular story..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXSbJ6QQWIdb8pH09-xKljZFQXHH7lsS1_ijgOqdVSRHWCcQVFkw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

I found this article and reactions funnier than the actual pedobear stuff.

If only paedos were this stupid...

Zonda999 wrote: »
    What a ridiculous article! Then again, in fairness this is the very tripe you see day in day out on certain American news sources, some one should contact the Daily Mail, I'm sure they'd be very interested in running this particular story..

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXSbJ6QQWIdb8pH09-xKljZFQXHH7lsS1_ijgOqdVSRHWCcQVFkw
    Look at the tag for the thread :P

• Advertisement

Pushtrak wrote: »
    Not humour or finding something funny. Understanding a point that is laid out before you. People have tried to explain this to you and you can't understand it. Hence, I would say a lack of wisdom.

I can understand it. When it comes to pedobear muck I don't see it.

Saying things like 'I like little girls on my dick' isn't particularly funny IMO. Teaming it up with a cartoon bear doesn't make it any funnier for me personally, neither does it somehow make the object of the joke suddenly media hype.

As I said before on the thread if you want to see satire about the paedophilia scare/witchhunt/media sensationalism/demonisation of men in particular check out the PaedoFinderGeneral sketches on MonkeyDust. The object of their jokes is obvious, in that it's not getting cheap laughs at the expense of victims, but deliberately stays away from victims.

On the other hand you've got references to keeping 9 year old girls in basements. LOLZ hilarious.........or not. Crass toilet humour, the type you'd expect from a frat house environment or a shockjock where it becomes a race as to who can go the lowest and make the sickest joke about a child victim... and then pretend it's ok because it's actually some 'highbrow' commentary on media coverage that other people are too stupid to get.

I can understand it. When it comes to pedobear muck I don't see it.
    My main interest in this thread is to point out that the purpose of pedobear isn't a pedo ring as per here.

NSFW one that I think you might find a funnier approach to the topic on the fearmongering of society. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8APlx9btTn8

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

I find it hilarious that some people actually thought this was real, this meme has been around for years now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,676 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

How about this one?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
    ░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▀▀▄
    ░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░█
    ░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█
    ░▄▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█
    …█░▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░ █
    █░▒█░█▀▄▄░░░░░█▀░░░░▀▄░░▄▀▀▄█
    ░█░▀▄░█▄░█▀▄▄░▀░▀▀░▄▄▀░░░░░█
    ░░█░░░░██░░▀█▄▄▄█▄▄█▄████░█
    ░░░█░░░░▀▀▄░█░░░█░█▀██████░█
    ░░░░▀▄░░░░░▀▀▄▄▄█▄█▄█▄█▄▀░░█
    ░░░░░░▀▄▄░▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░░░█
    ░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I fail to see how anyone could think pedo bear is real.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭gobo99

I don't know how you can all be so blase about this subject. This cartoon bear is abusing our children!:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Is this overreaction not the exact joke that the pedobear meme came from?
    I hope those who "don't get it" can see the irony in that.

If not, watch the padeogeddon episode of brass eye till you do. Infact, watch it anyway! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Mance Rayder

Marley13 wrote: »
    Some people deal with their childhood abuse with laughter, everybody copes differently. Russell Brand is a good example of this.

Ah Russle Brand, Didnt he jack some guy off in a pub on TV just to see what its like?

He is not a good example of anything other than an attention seeking pompous arsehole who thinks too much of himself.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,945 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Do you know that smiley where the little yellow smiley face grabs a hammer and caves his own skull in with it. Imagine chunks of wet bone flying everywhere. A final destructive act which itself is a commentary on how fúcked this thread is.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement