Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women have all the power...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

What, all of us?

I guess I'll stop bothering so.

*throws out Lynx cans, stripy shirts*

well no obviously not, but seduction wise.....they are fairly limited. I think!

And hell yes throw out the stripy shirts and lynx cans...eugh!

I love approaching guys, if I see a guy i like, make eye contact and get a smile, I have no problem going over and chatting him up. hasnt failed yet :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

syndeyfife wrote: »
    well no obviously not, but seduction wise.....they are fairly limited. I think!

And hell yes throw out the stripy shirts and lynx cans...eugh!

I love approaching guys, if I see a guy i like, make eye contact and get a smile, I have no problem going over and chatting him up. hasnt failed yet :cool:

Well then for God's sake go and chat to Daveysil and show him such a thing is possible! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

If I'm not mistaken, He-Man has the power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

I dated a guy last year who I met online, I made the first move in terms of messaging him first. After chatting for a while he asked if I would like to met up. We did. By the third date he hadn't kissed me or as much as held my hand, so I kissed him. He responded.

Later on in the relationship we were discussing it and he said he wouldn't have made a move on me as he is quite shy. But at the same time he thought I was very forward for kissing him. So while he was happy I made the first move he thought ill of me for doing it.

How the hell can a girl win?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

I dated a guy last year who I met online, I made the first move in terms of messaging him first. After chatting for a while he asked if I would like to met up. We did. By the third date he hadn't kissed me or as much as held my hand, so I kissed him. He responded.

Later on in the relationship we were discussing it and he said he wouldn't have made a move on me as he is quite shy. But at the same time he thought I was very forward for kissing him. So while he was happy I made the first move he thought ill of me for doing it.

Sounds like repression issues to me, nothing to do with you at all.
    Most men crave a women to kiss them :pac:

• Advertisement

Definitely repression issues.

There are some shy guys who would hesitate to kiss a girl, but I think most of them would be happy to have the girl kiss them, if only to end the awkward not-kissed-yet stage and take the pressure off him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

Definitely repression issues.

There are some shy guys who would hesitate to kiss a girl, but I think most of them would be happy to have the girl kiss them, if only to end the awkward not-kissed-yet stage and take the pressure off him.

Agreed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

Not He-Man!

Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 LylaElise

If I'm not mistaken, He-Man has the power.

Yes and with all that power he still needed She-ra to save his ass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Well then for God's sake go and chat to Daveysil and show him such a thing is possible! :pac:

Ohh God yes, come and chat to me already. :rolleyes: Those Lynx ads are very misleading. Maybe the Hugo Boss would be more effective! ;)

• Advertisement

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    Ohh God yes, come and chat to me already. :rolleyes: Those Lynx ads are very misleading. Maybe the Hugo Boss would be more effective! ;)

Two words for you:

Blue Stratos.

Two words for you:

Blue Stratos.

Should I grow a mustache too? :pac:

You mean you haven't already!?

Bloody modern moustacheless men, this place is going to hell in a handcart!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

Mustaches are the key to everything!

Just look at 70s rock stars!

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

When it comes to dating and sex? Do they hold the cards and do you think it varies from place to place? Obviously its different in places like the middle east where men have all the power, but can it be equal?

Maybe not all, as it depends on certain people, but definitely most..
    I know from myself and past experiences, sex happened when I wanted it to. Like the first time you have sex with a new person, it's sort of always up to the girl whenever that is because the guy is always up for it.. Girls pretty much have total control over that part. I've never been refused..
    Although saying that, I've never been in a relationship so I'd imagine that's a different story.
    Sex shouldn't really be about power.. but in saying that, I do definitely think that as a girl, it is very easy to find sex if we want it - whereas it is a bit more of a challenge for guys. But again I'd imagine this only applies to one night stands. Most guys seem to enjoy chasing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,374 ✭✭✭Potatoeman

Maybe not all, as it depends on certain people, but definitely most..
    I know from myself and past experiences, sex happened when I wanted it to. Like the first time you have sex with a new person, it's sort of always up to the girl whenever that is because the guy is always up for it.. Girls pretty much have total control over that part. I've never been refused..
    Although saying that, I've never been in a relationship so I'd imagine that's a different story.
    Sex shouldn't really be about power.. but in saying that, I do definitely think that as a girl, it is very easy to find sex if we want it - whereas it is a bit more of a challenge for guys. But again I'd imagine this only applies to one night stands. Most guys seem to enjoy chasing anyway.

Not sure about the whole chase thing it’s a bit outdated. I like a girl to be reciprocal and put a bit of effort in too.

I hooked up with a nice girl a few weeks ago we meet up once and then she kept cancelling our dates so I stopped asking as she never proposed another time. I ran into her a week ago when I was out with another girl I meet and she was wondering why I never called again after she cancelled three dates. I was bemused that she thought this was okay behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Age old question if the pussy has the power, in my opinion only if us men allow women to use that power.

My rule of thumb is to never place the pussy above the mantel piece, meaning keep your dignity and integrity while chasing and playing the game.

Back in my single clubbing days, I would see so many guys chase the ladies and literately bend over backwards to get a ride, the ladies could see this and they were lapdogs for them in most cases, now there ware the exceptions to the rules here like in anything else.

The worst thing that I would see is guys buying women drink for the night in the hope of getting a ride, now that's pussy power for you at its best. The look on the guys face at the end of the night when the lady he has spent a fortune on all evening, is heading out with some other guy, priceless.

How I seen it was like this, If I met a lady, chatted her up or what not, if she said to me, buy me a drink, my retort would be, tell you what, you buy me a drink instead? This clears out an confusion of the situation. If the lady got the hump and fooked off, well you know you were not wasting your time, if the chick went and bought you a drink well bobs your uncle your on to a good one and get her one back and leave it at that, have fun ect ect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no stinge bag by any means, however, I would never buy a chick drinks in the hope of some pussy, never have never will, if i wanted to pay for it, I would not be in a club or out and about. I had more chicks by me drinks back in the day than the other way round, easy way to stop the bums who are using sex as a power tool.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    Not sure about the whole chase thing it’s a bit outdated. I like a girl to be reciprocal and put a bit of effort in too.

I hooked up with a nice girl a few weeks ago we meet up once and then she kept cancelling our dates so I stopped asking as she never proposed another time. I ran into her a week ago when I was out with another girl I meet and she was wondering why I never called again after she cancelled three dates. I was bemused that she thought this was okay behaviour.

Well I wouldn't be that bad. By guys enjoying the chase, I just mean from guys I've been with, it's like they love a challenge of getting sex. Even just for seeing a guy though, I'd let him know I was interested, what that girl did was stupid.. No guy would cop on that she was still interested if she did that :confused: I do always leave it up to the guy to suggest meeting up again, but that's just 'cause I always feel like the ball is in his court.. But I'd say he'd know if I'm interested how much we talk or whatever.. It's not as if I'd ignore him then act like he should've known to call me! Doubt most girls are like that one you encountered, should hope not anyway!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Age old question if the pussy has the power, in my opinion only if us men allow women to use that power.

My rule of thumb is to never place the pussy above the mantel piece, meaning keep your dignity and integrity while chasing and playing the game.

Back in my single clubbing days, I would see so many guys chase the ladies and literately bend over backwards to get a ride, the ladies could see this and they were lapdogs for them in most cases, now there ware the exceptions to the rules here like in anything else.

The worst thing that I would see is guys buying women drink for the night in the hope of getting a ride, now that's pussy power for you at its best. The look on the guys face at the end of the night when the lady he has spent a fortune on all evening, is heading out with some other guy, priceless.

How I seen it was like this, If I met a lady, chatted her up or what not, if she said to me, buy me a drink, my retort would be, tell you what, you buy me a drink instead? This clears out an confusion of the situation. If the lady got the hump and fooked off, well you know you were not wasting your time, if the chick went and bought you a drink well bobs your uncle your on to a good one and get her one back and leave it at that, have fun ect ect.

Don't get me wrong, I'm no stinge bag by any means, however, I would never buy a chick drinks in the hope of some pussy, never have never will, if i wanted to pay for it, I would not be in a club or out and about. I had more chicks by me drinks back in the day than the other way round, easy way to stop the bums who are using sex as a power tool.

Jab to agree with that, IMO when chatting up a woman it's very important to lead and not do what she says early on, otherwise she won't be attracted generally speaking.

Well I wouldn't be that bad. By guys enjoying the chase, I just mean from guys I've been with, it's like they love a challenge of getting sex. Even just for seeing a guy though, I'd let him know I was interested, what that girl did was stupid.. No guy would cop on that she was still interested if she did that :confused: I do always leave it up to the guy to suggest meeting up again, but that's just 'cause I always feel like the ball is in his court.. But I'd say he'd know if I'm interested how much we talk or whatever.. It's not as if I'd ignore him then act like he should've known to call me! Doubt most girls are like that one you encountered, should hope not anyway!

It was just awkward as we meet in a bar where both of us meet up with friends. Typical that we would meet when I was there with someone else.

• Advertisement

If I met a lady, chatted her up or what not, if she said to me, buy me a drink, my retort would be, tell you what, you buy me a drink instead? This clears out an confusion of the situation. If the lady got the hump and fooked off, well you know you were not wasting your time, if the chick went and bought you a drink well bobs your uncle your on to a good one and get her one back and leave it at that, have fun ect ect.

Totally agree. I'm a girl, if a guy in a club offers to buy me a drink, I'd never accept it unless I was interested in him, 'cause that would just be mean.. taking advantage of his want for the ride by scabbing free drinks! Men who buy girls drinks just don't have a clue really. It's unreal the amount of times I've seen girls take the drink and fcuk off! Even friends of mine. Your idea is so much better.. if I was a guy I would be thankful for that piece of advice haha, men definitely need to make sure they're gonna get what they want out of a girl before they go spending on her! You seem experienced in this area! In time, maybe the rest of them will learn. Also, when I'm standing at the bar and the stranger beside me is like ''let me buy you a drink'', all that says to me is ''right so.. all i wanna do is ride ya'', as it does to most girls. And most girls are not gonna go for someone like that. So, many of them just see ''let me buy you a drink'' as a way of getting freebies and will rarely ever have the intention of even a shift, nevermind anything else, if they accept the drink.. Poor guys.

Potatoeman wrote: »
    It was just awkward as we meet in a bar where both of us meet up with friends. Typical that we would meet when I was there with someone else.

haha yeah awkward enough alright.. could've been a sister or something for all she knows :cool: did you call her again after that?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Don't get me wrong, I'm no stinge bag by any means, however, I would never buy a chick drinks in the hope of some pussy, never have never will, if i wanted to pay for it, I would not be in a club or out and about.
    While I'd certainly not have such a written in stone rule(tm), I've very rarely bought a woman stranger in a pub/club drinks. Not unless she was included in a round and was known to someone in the group. I always found it cheesy myself. Very obvious or something. Dunno how to explain it. I'd not buy some strange bloke a drink either, not unless I spilled a pint on him in error and wanted to avoid a thumping :) so doing similar for a woman who was a complete stranger never computed for me.
    easy way to stop the bums who are using sex as a power tool.
    I now have visions of women with ladyparts threaded for drill bits and pneumatic hammers. Just the thing for putting up shelving or light demolition. Black and Decker look out! :eek::D Then again there is the oul "vaginas with teeth" vibe so I suppose it's not so much a leap...

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭Lyaiera

Wibbs wrote: »
    While I'd certainly not have such a written in stone rule(tm), I've very rarely bought a woman stranger in a pub/club drinks. Not unless she was included in a round and was known to someone in the group. I always found it cheesy myself. Very obvious or something. Dunno how to explain it. I'd not buy some strange bloke a drink either, not unless I spilled a pint on him in error and wanted to avoid a thumping :) so doing similar for a woman who was a complete stranger never computed for me.

I've bought drinks for men and women, old and (relatively) young, with no qualms. If I've been talking to someone for the past hour, and your glass is looking a little dry, I'll happily offer you one. I mean I won't do it if there's a group of people sitting around and having a laugh, but I often go out with my friends and we'd end up chatting to anyone and everyone during the night, occasionally calling back to check in on each other. Sometimes you find someone you really relate to and enjoy talking to and I have no problems with buying that person a drink if I'm not short on money myself.

Buying someone a drink is just a token of appreciation for someone. If you buy me a drink and you begin acting like a douchenozzle I'll just walk away though. Similarly, if I bought you a drink and you start acting up I'll cut my losses and walk off then too.

I like buying people drink. v0v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Lyaiera wrote: »
    I've bought drinks for men and women, old and (relatively) young, with no qualms. If I've been talking to someone for the past hour, and your glass is looking a little dry, I'll happily offer you one. I mean I won't do it if there's a group of people sitting around and having a laugh, but I often go out with my friends and we'd end up chatting to anyone and everyone during the night, occasionally calling back to check in on each other. Sometimes you find someone you really relate to and enjoy talking to and I have no problems with buying that person a drink if I'm not short on money myself.

Buying someone a drink is just a token of appreciation for someone. If you buy me a drink and you begin acting like a douchenozzle I'll just walk away though. Similarly, if I bought you a drink and you start acting up I'll cut my losses and walk off then too.

I like buying people drink. v0v

Wanna come out tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭Fizzlesque

Wibbs wrote: »
    I now have visions of women with ladyparts threaded for drill bits and pneumatic hammers. Just the thing for putting up shelving or light demolition. Black and Decker look out! :eek::D QUOTE]

Hehe....I had a similar, but not quite as painful sounding ('threaded for') vision when I read 'power tool' too. :D

As for the buying drinks malarkey, if someone buys me a drink, I always buy them one back (unless it's someone I know well who knows I'm skint - which I have been this last long while - and I've refused their kind offer but they've insisted), simply because that's the way the whole drink buying thing works, I reckon.

If a man I didn't know and hadn't even been having a conversation with, and wasn't part of the group of people I was with offered to buy me a drink, there's no way in hell I'd accept. I wouldn't trust their motive - and I definitely wouldn't want them thinking some sort of transaction was taking place...:eek:

It's unreal the amount of times I've seen girls take the drink and fcuk off!

Some take a lot more than just the drink. I've never bought a girl a drink in a club unless I knew her. I've seen guys spend a fortune on women in bars and clubs, hoping to get something in return, only to be left with nothing. It would be better to use a prostitute. At least then you know you're going to get what you want, rather than hoping you're going to get what you want.

Interestingly, a lot of night clubs offer free drinks to women on certain nights. Add the fact that these places are usually sausage fests, then the women have more to choose from, therefore...giving them more power. Not to mention the bouncers who let women into clubs simply because they're showing a bit of leg or cleavage. It's not like a guy could get into a club just by wearing a tight top and showing off his muscles!

haha yeah awkward enough alright.. could've been a sister or something for all she knows :cool: did you call her again after that?

Nah, put a dampener on things.

Ireland has more single people per capita than any other country in Europe.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

It's because we're all such munters. And fat. Thought everyone knew that D :D

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

When it comes to sex women have all the power, no doubt about it- the lengths men go to just to get a bit of vag is ridiculous. Women may not realise it or may just wish to ignore it but its true.

There are exceptions to all generalisations and some sensitive modern gentlemen on here will no doubt be offended by being lumped together with the 'neanderthal horny male masses' but even if they see themselves as different they know its true of the majority.

Doesn't mean we're all dangerous sleaze balls or anything..

PK2008 wrote: »
    When it comes to sex women have all the power, no doubt about it- the lengths men go to just to get a bit of vag is ridiculous. Women may not realise it or may just wish to ignore it but its true.

There are exceptions to all generalisations and some sensitive modern gentlemen on here will no doubt be offended by being lumped together with the 'neanderthal horny male masses' but even if they see themselves as different they know its true of the majority.

Doesn't mean we're all dangerous sleaze balls or anything..

Precisely right. Been a male with a healthy sex drive shouldn't be seen as predatory!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

Acting predatory is what's predatory - that's all.
    Some take a lot more than just the drink. I've never bought a girl a drink in a club unless I knew her. I've seen guys spend a fortune on women in bars and clubs, hoping to get something in return, only to be left with nothing. It would be better to use a prostitute. At least then you know you're going to get what you want, rather than hoping you're going to get what you want.

Interestingly, a lot of night clubs offer free drinks to women on certain nights. Add the fact that these places are usually sausage fests, then the women have more to choose from, therefore...giving them more power. Not to mention the bouncers who let women into clubs simply because they're showing a bit of leg or cleavage. It's not like a guy could get into a club just by wearing a tight top and showing off his muscles!
    A woman who lets a guy buy her a load of drink is obviously completely taking advantage but what the hell is he doing letting her take advantage too?! The rest of what you post, well you can hardly blame women if men reward them for how they look! And I hate that culture too but it's not exactly fully cultivated by women...

Onixx wrote: »
    A woman who lets a guy buy her a load of drink is obviously completely taking advantage but what the hell is he doing letting her take advantage too?! The rest of what you post, well you can hardly blame women if men reward them for how they look! And I hate that culture too but it's not exactly fully cultivated by women...

Well it still validates the theory that women have all the power. It's not so much that he's letting her take advantage, its just he will do anything for a bit of minge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Well it still validates the theory that women have all the power. It's not so much that he's letting her take advantage, its just he will do anything for a bit of minge!

Yeah, but it's him giving her the power. Funnily enough I have more success when I couldn't be bothered!

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

Why are they so obsessed?

Why is who obsessed with what?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 sea_captain

starvation can drive you insane , its different for those who can get it on tap

Part sex drive I'd say, part insecurity too.

Yeah but I've argued this point before with men. WE CAN'T get it on tap. Because if we do, men and women call us a slut.

So women turning men down stop men having sex.
    Huge societal pressures stop women having sex.

I live in a small town and there is huge pressure not to be seen as slut. There's no two bones about it, it's very sad and pathetic but it's the way it is. A girl is either seen as a slut or not, when asked about, and then you can't get rid of that reputation.

Therefore if everyone stopped calling women sluts for having sex with as many different people as they wanted, women wouldn't be afraid to go out and have sex, men wouldn't be turned down, and be starved, and we'd all be happy.

Maybe we should give it a go? :)

• Advertisement

Yeah but I've argued this point before with men. WE CAN'T get it on tap. Because if we do, men and women call us a slut.

I live in a small town and there is huge pressure not to be seen as slut. There's no two bones about it, it's very sad and pathetic but it's the way it is. A girl is either seen as a slut or not, when asked about, and then you can't get rid of that reputation.

Therefore if everyone stopped calling women sluts for having sex with as many different people as they wanted, women wouldn't be afraid to go out and have sex, men wouldn't be turned down, and be starved, and we'd all be happy.

A key that can open many locks is a good key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is a bad lock.

A key that can open many locks is a good key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is a bad lock.
    Women and men are human beings though - analogies that dehumanise are not great.

I wonder do people ever get to a point where they realise that this not a new enlightened point to contribute to a thread, but is the oldest, saddest most overused, stupidest saying ever!!!!

We have read it a million times, it's been done!

And by the way if you really think that way, tell men to stop complaining about not enough getting sex!

'We're not getting enough sex' 'we are starved'(next breath) 'a key that can open many locks...' 'women are ****ty locks if they give it up'...

Stop being so illogical and irrational!!!!!!!!!!!:D

I wonder do people ever get to a point where they realise that this not a new enlightened point to contribute to a thread, but is the oldest, saddest most overused, stupidest saying ever!!!!

We have read it a million times, it's been done!

And by the way if you really think that way, tell men to stop complaining about not enough getting sex!

'We're not getting enough sex' 'we are starved'(next breath) 'a key that can open many locks...' 'women are ****ty locks if they give it up'...

Stop being so illogical and irrational!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Well pardon me. I won't use it again. :D Although I would have thought in this day and age that promiscuity was more accepted in society. Especially with Sex and the city glamourising it. Oh wait... can I say Sex and the city or has that been used too many times too? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

yeah. Just like serial killers are more acceptable in society since Dexter.

But to answer the q, men give women sexual power because they're mad for a bit of hole. You can't blame anyone for taking advantage if someone wants to give them advantage.

SheFiend wrote: »
    You can't blame anyone for taking advantage if someone wants to give them advantage.

So its acceptable to take advantage of desperate people? :(

So its acceptable to take advantage of desperate people? :(
    I don't think it is, but if someone keeps letting unscrupulous people take advantage of them, a point comes when they need to recognise their own role in being made a soft target.

Onixx wrote: »
    I don't think it is, but if someone keeps letting unscrupulous people take advantage of them, a point comes when they need to recognise their own role in being made a soft target.

Yeah I see what you mean. Some people are very naive. Although you can't blame a man for trying either. It's part and parcel of the chase.

Yep it's all part of the sexual cartel, women must ensure their sex short supply so it commands more power. Slut shaming is part of the sexual cartels arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 362 ✭✭SheFiend

You can't change other people, you can only change yourself.

If you feel women lead you on in order to get free drinks, but you continue to buy them drinks in the hope of a lay, then you can hardly expect anything else now can you?

Better to not be a sucker in the first place.

• Advertisement
Advertisement