Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women have all the power...

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

And also re: foreign women being more polite, maybe they don't know Irish men as well as we do! Or heard all the stories from male friends 'any hole's a goal', 'going out looking for any bird' etc, very laddish culture, any wonder we're unkind and suspicious on a night out? We are protecting ourselves!

they know for example polish men like to drink too like ourselves and fight. also portuguese men drink beer nearly every day down in the cafés, you'd find more young lads over there with hopper bellies than here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 974 ✭✭✭BarackPyjama

Exactly, no person is entitled to sex on tap. It's a two person act, there's your wishes,and the other person's wishes, when you both want it, then you have sex.

I one had a guy say to me, 'I thought that's what guys get into relationships for - because they have sex on tap' ehhhhh no you're not entitled. The other person also has to be in the mood, how can people be so stupid sometimes, and so inconsiderate of other people for their own stupid orgasm?

If you break down the whole man buying woman drink all night to get laid, if you break it deep, deep down, he is trying to get her into a vulnerable state to satisfy his own needs. No-one ever feel bad about this?

It's sad that you hate men so much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

I don't hate men. I hate a certain type of men.

Funny you didn't say to the men on here referring to women as little more than flaps and minge that it's sad that they hate women so much.

I don't hate men. I hate a certain type of men.

Sorry - you hate Irish men:
    And also re: foreign women being more polite, maybe they don't know Irish men as well as we do! Or heard all the stories from male friends 'any hole's a goal', 'going out looking for any bird' etc, very laddish culture, any wonder we're unkind and suspicious on a night out? We are protecting ourselves!
    Funny you didn't say to the men on here referring to women as little more than flaps and minge that it's sad that they hate women so much.

Why is that funny? Just because I didn't post it, doesn't mean that I don't think it.

I was simply pointing out your misandry to you. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Sea Filly

Sorry - you hate Irish men:

What you quoted doesn't prove this statement. :confused:

Sea Filly wrote: »
    What you quoted doesn't prove this statement. :confused:

Um, it does.

Um, it does.

Yeah but you've conveniently missed the first half of the conversation. My post was in response to a good few posts about Irish women being ruder to men than their foreign counterparts.....so by your logic those posters hate Irish women too?

Anyway enough, this is is stupid and I can't be bothered having this conversation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Of course women have all the power. What kind of idiot would reason otherwise?

Anyway enough, this is is stupid and I can't be bothered having this conversation

Me neither. I don't debate with misandrists. Just felt the need to point out your issue to you so that perhaps you can work on your man-hating attitude. Best of luck to you. :)

Me neither. I don't debate with misandrists. Just felt the need to point out your issue to you so that perhaps you can work on your man-hating attitude. Best of luck to you. :)

BarackPajama I would take your concern on board, except I know you from alot of similiar threads on the Ladies Lounge where you throw the word Misandry around like confetti.

This in turn suggests that it is you who have an issue with women expressing power and voicing opinions. Good luck with that.

• Advertisement

BarackPajama I would take your concern on board, except I know you from alot of similiar threads on the Ladies Lounge where you throw the word Misandry around like confetti.

This in turn suggests that it is you who have an issue with women expressing power and voicing opinions. Good luck with that.

What can I say - I have a problem with how so many Irish women quite clearly hate men. When I see rampant misandry, I feel it's important to point it out.

Have a nice evening. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭christmas2012

I dont think power is gender specific its more about who has a more stronger more dominant way about them and who hasnt..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

To be fair there is a big ladette culture here too. And I don't think foreign women are as naive as you make them out to be. I'm sure they can spot the drunken idiot looking for a shag just as easily an Irish woman. Yes I understand why Irish women would be defensive. The foreign women may not be as aware of Irish men as Irish women, but a man is either nice or he's not, and sooner or later she'll realise this.

Um, it does.

It doesn't. It says that a certain largish section of Irish society are drunken messes on nights out, an undeniable thing.

What can I say - I have a problem with how so many Irish women quite clearly hate men.

Going by AH, there's also a lot of resentment and hate going the other direction. Do you have a problem with that too?

Sea Filly wrote: »
    Going by AH, there's also a lot of resentment and hate going the other direction. Do you have a problem with that too?

Yes. I despise misandry and misogyny.

Yes. I despise misandry and misogyny.

Well, there's both happening in this thread!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    A key that can open many locks is a good key. A lock that can be opened by many keys is a bad lock.

Could I just suggest here that you can't in one breath complain that women have all the power because it's hard for men to get sex, and then in the next blast any woman who chooses to sleep around.

The key/lock analogy is fairly poor anyway. We're long past the stage where women are "locks", in fact we passed that stage about 50 years ago.
    Can't have your cake and eat it...

My posts might be coming across as dismissive of the guys' argument so I'm going to balance it a bit.
    There are a lot of women out there who are b!tches, just like there are a lot of guys out there who are pr!cks. But the thing you need to realize is, every time some girl actually does insult you or scoff in your face, don't walk away feeling resentful, walk away thinking "Wow, dodged that bullet anyway!"
    Seriously, would you really want to end up with a girl like that, even just for the night? If she's that horrible to you she's clearly just not a decent person. Not worthy of your time, when there are plenty of women out there who aren't stuck up gobsh!tes.

TBH I still say we get the better deal because let's face it (stereotype incoming) we don't get hung up on b!tches, but a lot of girls definitely get hung up on pr!cks. Number of times I've seen one of my girl friends being cheated on and treated like crap by her BF only to hear that ridiculous phrase "Urgh I hate him... But I love him!!!!! :( "
    I for one am delighted not to have to face such a bizarrely contradictory sexuality. If a girl treats me like sh!t she automatically becomes ugly. I don't look at her the same way anymore. I'd hate to be in the crazy scenario of being so attracted to a girl that it's worth letting her humiliate me and run me down just so I can be with her.

*shrugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭validusername1

TBH I still say we get the better deal because let's face it (stereotype incoming) we don't get hung up on b!tches, but a lot of girls definitely get hung up on pr!cks. Number of times I've seen one of my girl friends being cheated on and treated like crap by her BF only to hear that ridiculous phrase "Urgh I hate him... But I love him!!!!! :( "
    I for one am delighted not to have to face such a bizarrely contradictory sexuality. If a girl treats me like sh!t she automatically becomes ugly. I don't look at her the same way anymore. I'd hate to be in the crazy scenario of being so attracted to a girl that it's worth letting her humiliate me and run me down just so I can be with her.

I'm female and I definitely never do that. If a guy starts treating me bad, might give him another chance but if he continues then that's it. I wouldn't sit around complaining about it. I've friends who do though and it's really annoying! My mind set seems more male when it comes to stuff like that.. Well either that or I'm just not a typical female. But I wouldn't say guys have it better just for that reason. Some guys do get hung up on girls. & some guys are just more likely to keep it to themselves. I've guy friends who have talked to me about that stuff and they say they don't wanna talk to guys about it 'cause they'll sound ''overly sensitive and gay'' or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

*shrugs*

Cant say that I'd agree with that. I know/knew many a fella who fell for a girl only to have it end in tears.

I think part of the problem is that men always feel the need to live up to the stereotype of a strong stone hearted man, so they act like they're not hurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭EI_Flyboy

It's all in the mind, if a guy thinks women "hold the power" he's got low self esteem and will come across as needy, insecure and not in least bit attractive unless maybe to someone with control issues who'll be nothing but bad for him. The same goes vice-versa.

For whatever reason, many people have problems interacting with the opposite sex especially if they feel attracted to them. Many of us were just never equipped with the proper tools to handle such situations, it's not taught in school and it's something that's been missing from or beaten out of much of the previous generations. But hope is not lost, these are skills that can be acquired, all you need is to practice. There are plenty of pick-up-artist communities out there with all the information you need to improve your confidence with the opposite sex.

This shouldn't be seen as advocating dodgy womanising but as self improvement. I mean what woman wouldn't want to meet a fun, interesting and confident guy who knows how to put a smile on her face? Nobody should approach the opposite sex like they're begging, you should be the one doing the vetting as eventually you're going to be stuck with one of them for the rest of your life and it's important that there be no doubt that they are the most awesome, amazing person you've ever met and wouldn't it be great if you had the confidence to know the feeling was reciprocated?

You guys and girls should check out "The Game" by Neil Strauss as an introduction to what's possible with a little dedication, a lot of practice and some belief in your own self worth.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Cant say that I'd agree with that. I know/knew many a fella who fell for a girl only to have it end in tears.

I think part of the problem is that men always feel the need to live up to the stereotype of a strong stone hearted man, so they act like they're not hurt.

This is true. Men are not good at expressing their feelings. If a woman gets dumped she can go crying to her girlfriends. Men don't talk about this sort of stuff. I know a few lads in my area who sadly committed suicide after bad break ups with their girlfriends. Men seem to make up the majority of suicides in this country.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭VEN

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    This is true. Men are not good at expressing their feelings. If a woman gets dumped she can go crying to her girlfriends. Men don't talk about this sort of stuff. I know a few lads in my area who sadly committed suicide after bad break ups with their girlfriends. Men seem to make up the majority of suicides in this country.

if you express your feelings and 'cry' you're a psycho, weirdo, psyche or whatever term they like to throw out. i read that 'preventable death' book, nothing in it i didnt know already. it answers a lot of it.

I'm female and I definitely never do that. If a guy starts treating me bad, might give him another chance but if he continues then that's it. I wouldn't sit around complaining about it. I've friends who do though and it's really annoying! My mind set seems more male when it comes to stuff like that.. Well either that or I'm just not a typical female. But I wouldn't say guys have it better just for that reason. Some guys do get hung up on girls. & some guys are just more likely to keep it to themselves. I've guy friends who have talked to me about that stuff and they say they don't wanna talk to guys about it 'cause they'll sound ''overly sensitive and gay'' or something.
    DjFlin wrote: »

I'm not suggesting that guy's don't generally fall for someone and then have it go bad, but I am suggesting that most guys (in my experience) have a very low tolerance of BS and have no trouble breaking up if things do go that way.

I've personally never heard a guy actually say that the more someone treats him like crap, the more he falls hopelessly in love with her. I have, on the other hand, known several girls who've made such paradoxical statements.

Not suggesting it applies to everyone of course, but I do get the feeling that guys are blessed with far simpler viewpoints on this - you either fancy someone or you don't, there's not much "I hate her so much but I'm obsessed with her" kind of thing.

• Advertisement

Could I just suggest here that you can't in one breath complain that women have all the power because it's hard for men to get sex, and then in the next blast any woman who chooses to sleep around.

Yes women do have the power when it comes to sex, but its up to them what they want to do with it. If a man sleeps around he's a hero, but that's only because it requires a lot of effort on his behalf. Calling a man a slut is about as insulting as calling a woman a pervert. Both sexes suffer from unfair double standards.

Advertisement