Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Krater

Options
  • 10-06-2012 6:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭

So who else has this pre ordered? Looks like a good arpg/baldurs gate cross.

It is released on Tuesday but if you pre order before that you get the soundtrack and an extra unit in the game.

The game will be single player initially but multiplayer will be coming in a few weeks. They have also said once the game is released they will be working on more content all the time, most of which will be free, paid DLC being big expansions.

It is based around a post apocalyptic Sweden and I think that is just awesome :P

http://www.kratergame.com/

Also if you pre order you get access to the beta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

When I played it it was VERY buggy and not very responsive. Great idea though dunno how it ll pan out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Stev_o wrote: »
    When I played it it was VERY buggy and not very responsive. Great idea though dunno how it ll pan out.

The game has changed ALLOT in the last couple of months and it runs very well now with hardly any bugs! And what reported bugs are left will be gone for release!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

I decided to pre-order this yesterday (I suppose I could have waited one day) and got a shot at the early beta. It's a lot of fun. It's very like Torchlight, in it's cartoon-like style. And the voices are really funny, muffled by their gasmasks and speaking with a mix between Swedish and a dumbed down apocalyptic accent.

I didn't get to play much, but the few places I explored seemed very samey. I wasn't really following the main quest, so I can only assume the main areas liven things up. It's fun so far, and cheap enough to not feel cheated if it turns out to be rubbish in the end.

humanji wrote: »
    I decided to pre-order this yesterday (I suppose I could have waited one day) and got a shot at the early beta. It's a lot of fun. It's very like Torchlight, in it's cartoon-like style. And the voices are really funny, muffled by their gasmasks and speaking with a mix between Swedish and a dumbed down apocalyptic accent.

I didn't get to play much, but the few places I explored seemed very samey. I wasn't really following the main quest, so I can only assume the main areas liven things up. It's fun so far, and cheap enough to not feel cheated if it turns out to be rubbish in the end.

I found that the controls/camera are very frustrating to deal with during the beta. Id be half interested in it if it was deemed good.

I don't know if the version I played was any different to what you played, but I didn't really have much of a problem with the controls. They seemed fairly simplistic for what they were. There were definitely things that could have been added or tweaked. Is there an option to select all of your team? I didn't see any in the setup menu. And I could have done with pulling the camera angle a bit further back to see everything.

I suppose I'll find out tonight if they've changed anything in it.

• Advertisement

I don't know if the version I played was any different to what you played, but I didn't really have much of a problem with the controls. They seemed fairly simplistic for what they were. There were definitely things that could have been added or tweaked. Is there an option to select all of your team? I didn't see any in the setup menu. And I could have done with pulling the camera angle a bit further back to see everything.

I suppose I'll find out tonight if they've changed anything in it.

Yeah if you press space it selects all your team.

RE controls and camera. They are grand now. Like I said in a previous post the game is WAY different the alpha / early beta.

lol, is it really space to select all? Couldn't see an option in the menu at all.

lol, is it really space to select all? Couldn't see an option in the menu at all.

haha yep, infact it's the first thing you learn in the game! They make you press space to select you guy! But it also selects your whole team too.

just an hour to go for release!

Right so it's out now whats the verdict?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I played it very briefly quite a few months ago, it was buggy but showed a lot of potential.
    Im hearing bugs are ironed out and the game has come on in leaps and bounds.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,881 ✭✭✭JohnMarston

This game must be badass, it has a 'K' instead of the C in its name

Stev_o wrote: »
    Right so it's out now whats the verdict?

Get it, it's badass :P
    Dcully wrote: »
    I played it very briefly quite a few months ago, it was buggy but showed a lot of potential.
    Im hearing bugs are ironed out and the game has come on in leaps and bounds.

yeah since early beta and alpha the game has changed allot. It is much smoother now and bugs are pretty much all gone.
    This game must be badass, it has a 'K' instead of the C in its name

I believe Krater is Crater in Swedish :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Anyone had any bugs with this? Considering either grabbing this now or wasting money on the origin sale.

Also, good LORD the reviews for this are pants! It cant be as bad as some of the critics are saying can it?

I've yet to come across a bug (or at least one that I remember). It's not a bad game and I'm surprised that so many reviewers seem to have it in for the game. It's not great, and lacks polish, but it's a bit of fun. If it had to be be graded, then it'd get an average rating.

If you had to choose between this and the Origin sale, I'd say go with the Origin sale. The developers say their going to be constantly adding to this, so by holding off you might get extra stuff with it and a more polished game. Or some other game might take your fancy instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,744 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

I'll grab it in a steamsale so :) Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Will probably pick this up once the Mac client is released. The fact that people are saying it's like Baldurs Gate, has my interest piqued (although I can't imagine I'll be playing anything else but BG:EE when it's finally released)

Will probably pick this up once the Mac client is released. The fact that people are saying it's like Baldurs Gate, has my interest piqued (although I can't imagine I'll be playing anything else but BG:EE when it's finally released)
    Other than being a computer game, it doesn't really have anything similar to Baldur's Gate, so don't get it if you think it does. You'll only be disappointed. Here's a quick review that pretty much explains why it's an average game that's fun at times:

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/06/19/wot-i-think-krater/

Advertisement