Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Great mood in Carlow today

Options
  • 10-06-2012 7:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

I must say, I was walking about the town this evening and there was a great mood about the place. Lots of families out enjoying the days and availing of the numerous pop up shops and art exhibits. The streets were bustling and people seemed upbeat.

I noticed a few new shops here and there, my favorite being a nice little shop that popped up on Dublin Street, selling retro items and antiques.

The Deighton Hall was open, and for the first time, after writing about it extensively, I was able to wander about inside. It really is quite a remarkable building inside. The woman at the desk may have thought that I was examining the art, I was in fact examining the building itself. From what I understand, during the week there will be several pop up workshops and historical speeches in there in the coming days, well worth a visit.

I`d recommend anyone to go out and enjoy the festivities, as Eigse only comes once a year, sadly.

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Is that near Bramleys?Looking forward to a visit, have had a look on facbook. Éigse is alway good fun, if you get off your rear and get out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Great atmosphere in the park yesterday . The guy dressed as a pirate making things out of balloons was v good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭kwalshe

I had a brilliant day out in the park yesterday!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Is that near Bramleys?Looking forward to a visit, have had a look on facbook. Éigse is alway good fun, if you get off your rear and get out there!
    It is the building on the corner directly across from the post office.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Mylow

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 45 NiThigim

I noticed a few new shops here and there, my favorite being a nice little shop that popped up on Dublin Street, selling retro items and antiques.

As byhookorbycrook is a Carlow board mod I suspect this is where he was asking about. Pointing out the bleeding obvious probably was not very beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

it on dublin street beside richies cafe formenti (i cant spell). Great wee shop ... loads of vinyl and stuff

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,498 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

NiThigim wrote: »
    As byhookorbycrook is a Carlow board mod I suspect this is where he was asking about. Pointing out the bleeding obvious probably was not very beneficial.
    Spot on!!Except "he" is a "she". "Is leor nod, Ní thuigim :D"
    Have been in the Deighton loads of times, there used to be small exhibits as part of Éigse there back along.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Memory Of 98

If I am guessing right, the retro shop is where Coleman's used to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭bogof

Spot on!!Except "he" is a "she". "Is leor nod, Ní thuigim :D"
    Have been in the Deighton loads of times, there used to be small exhibits as part of Éigse there back along.

I often went to dances in "The Deighton"

• Advertisement
Advertisement