Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary irish.. Bad form

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Spattersonox

I got hit in the face with a ball and broke my leg as I fell to the ground. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭MattHelders

I only dropped down to ordinary today so I'd never seen an exam paper but that was ridiculous how easy it was. Confident of getting 100% in the Aural and the essays are such a step down from HL

Also threw in a bit of Modh Coinniollach like a boss

• Registered Users Posts: 15 GrahamH220

I honestly couldn't understand a word of that Aural. That being said I did pretty well with the stories.

Crapping it for tomorrow though.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Incompetent

Lads how long did you spend on the composition? I was finished after 20 minutes, 1 page each. Can't imagine writing much more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭Chuchoter

I was gone after about half an hour :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭certifiedcrepe

I'm awful with Irish. ugh. Aural was fairly hard, only have about 5 answers I'm 100% sure about. Wrote 1 1/2 for Litir and 1 for sceal. Fairly **** like. Hoping my knowledge of the pros and filiocht will carry me through tomorrow. My oral went really well so I'm hoping. Just need to pass it anyway, but I'm kinda pessimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Freaking loved that paper!

The tape test was almost insultingly simple.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Mista

Ugh, I would be so depressed if I failed my LC because of pass Irish.. hopefully the oral will bring me up a good bit.. we had a very easy examiner, didn't ask anyone on the Modh Condhialacht :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Fairly confident about an A1 after that paper. Ended up doing 4 written questions, one from each :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

twas grand

what percent goes for that paper?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Martin_94 wrote: »
    twas grand

what percent goes for that paper?

25% I think (:

• Registered Users Posts: 37 ImFudged

What did you guys get for cuid b?

Mehh.. Thinking of studying 3 poems and 3 stories tonight, there's too much and i'm just not interested enough. I'll have a look over the other 2 of each then tomorrow. I think these are the most likely ones:

Pros
    • Caca Milis
    • Oisin i dTir na nOg
    • An Gnathrud

Poetry
    • Geibheann
    • An Spailin Fanach
    • An tEarrach Thiar

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

Mehh.. Thinking of studying 3 poems and 3 stories tonight, there's too much and i'm just not interested enough. I'll have a look over the other 2 of each then tomorrow. I think these are the most likely ones:

Pros
    • Caca Milis
    • Oisin i dTir na nOg
    • An Gnathrud

Poetry
    • Geibheann
    • An Spailin Fanach
    • An tEarrach Thiar

I've not looked at any of them yet :eek:

I stayed the full length. Me and my friend just kept looking at each-other to see when the other was about to leave as we were the only two left in the center (all the honours had left!) and didn't want to be alone with the examiner as we think he's a paedophile! :L

Martin_94 wrote: »
    I've not looked at any of them yet :eek:
    Me neither.. And i'm on boards.. We'll get it done! OPTIMISM

In the prós where you choose between Caca Milis and whatever, and Gnáthrud and whatever.. Them two prós won't come up together (:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Fairly confident about an A1 after that paper. Ended up doing 4 written questions, one from each :pac:

Jeez if you get an A1 in ordinary that is a fair achievement..Seemingly like no-one(Near enough) get A1s in OL Irish :P Ye all the ordinary lads left while us in higher level were there for a good bit longer.. :D

David1994 wrote: »
    Jeez if you get an A1 in ordinary that is a fair achievement..Seemingly like no-one(Near enough) get A1s in OL Irish :P Ye all the ordinary lads left while us in higher level were there for a good bit longer.. :D
    Hopefully! I'd be happy with an A2/B1 though, struggle to learn these Pros! So boring! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,073 ✭✭✭David1994

Hopefully! I'd be happy with an A2/B1 though, struggle to learn these Pros! So boring! :(

I know I never really learn answers for them just know what they are about :p
    Yeah I would love a B1/A2 in Irish too...Got a B3 in pre so hopefully could happen :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Last time I wrote a short story from the sample papers was around the pres. The first short story in the exam (a match) was a word for word copy of the one in the first set of sample papers. I knew I should have done those again. :pac:

Did the letter on a holiday in Australia. Wrote down my learned off opening, bull****ted half a page and then wrote down my learned off ending. :D

And as promised, halfway through both the letter and the story, a wild U2 concert appeared. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4 darryl_griffin

Who cares if ye fail Irish, I'm not countin it anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Didn't do a tap all year and thought it was grand! Wrote a page for each. I only want a pass as I'm not countin it for points so as long as I get 40% I'm delighted. Screwed for paper 2... ara musha.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Who cares if ye fail Irish, I'm not countin it anyways.

Colleges might, so don't go in thinking that!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 zachdiebold

Good on ye, I had the time but couldn't be bothered.

Did 1 Page on the continuous passage, 2 on the letter.
    Aural was graaaaand, defo got 100% :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Geographyhater

My dilema... I dont know anything. Dont know what stories are bout dont no anything so what is my best bet to study between today and 5 o clock tomora morning

^ Thanks!

I'm going to make a Cupan tae, then I really have to start this Irish Study or A1= Gone

Chat later! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Cupan tae

Oh, that's how you spell it? Whoops. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Im only looking for a pass in Irish.

Here's the gist my genius story: ( I did the water one)

I went with my friends to play hurling.
    I didnt like my friends, they were boring
    I fell down on my knees and asked for water ( used quote from questions : "Duirt Me " " "

I then ran home
    Said my home was in the centre of town.
    Went to my room
    Listened to music

It was then I realised i liked music and didnt like my friends.

All that in half a page.

What do ye reckon guys.... A1 Standard?? :D

• Advertisement

Stupid An Gnáthrud :(
    Anyone have any predictions as to what prós will be on? Praying to baby jesus for Oisin i dTir na nOg and Caca Milis :D

Advertisement