Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordinary irish.. Bad form

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Stupid An Gnáthrud :(
    Anyone have any predictions as to what prós will be on? Praying to baby jesus for Oisin i dTir na nOg and Caca Milis :D

I've heard that with the new paper all you have to study is Gnathrud and Caca Milis as they both can't be asked under the same question,probably wrong though i don't exactly teach Irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

pmcmahon wrote: »
    I've heard that with the new paper all you have to study is Gnathrud and Caca Milis as they both can't be asked under the same question,probably wrong though i don't exactly teach Irish.

No they can't be asked together.. You'd still have to study them all :/ just cannot get Gnáthrud for the life of me :(

No they can't be asked together.. You'd still have to study them all :/ just cannot get Gnáthrud for the life of me :(

how many stories is there then?

how many stories is there then?

There's 5 stories and 5 poems to know.. :/

There's 5 stories and 5 poems to know.. :/

then just learn gnathrud,caca milis and 1 other

• Advertisement

then just learn gnathrud,caca milis and 1 other

Nah I have 4 of them off already.. Just Gnáthrud I need (: Why learn these when you won't use them again, I don't know.. :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Do most people write their stories in the past tense?

Can I just ask, what were the titles for the stories?

Nah I have 4 of them off already.. Just Gnáthrud I need (: Why learn these when you won't use them again, I don't know.. :/

that's just the joys of the leaving cert i suppose.

Good luck to everybody! a guy wrote his english paper 2 in red pen the other day so if he can pass it,you can all ace it!

Peace out.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Dapics wrote: »
    Im only looking for a pass in Irish.

Here's the gist my genius story: ( I did the water one)

I went with my friends to play hurling.
    I didnt like my friends, they were boring
    I fell down on my knees and asked for water ( used quote from questions : "Duirt Me " " "

I then ran home
    Said my home was in the centre of town.
    Went to my room
    Listened to music

It was then I realised i liked music and didnt like my friends.

All that in half a page.

What do ye reckon guys.... A1 Standard?? :D

Definitely! :pac:

I went on about how I never got the football. I was confident and serious - this was only fair, then I kicked the ball and fell over. Everyone was laughing at me. I ran home and sat about moping, then Mam ran in... she'd won fifty grand... tickets to Snow Patrol with Aine... class time, was wrecked afterwards, will never forget that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭Astrozombies

I am braindead I hate Irish prose and poetry!
    my brain is melting :O These exams wear you out... never again

• Advertisement

I am braindead I hate Irish prose and poetry!
    my brain is melting :O These exams wear you out... never again

just be aware however,one day you may come by a situation where you're at a job interview for your dream job,when the interviewer asks you that dreadful question...

"describe the images in Gnathrud as gaelige"

Prose are very important,learn them right or one day you'll regret it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Cruel Sun

just be aware however,one day you may come by a situation where you're at a job interview for your dream job,when the interviewer asks you that dreadful question...

"describe the images in Gnathrud as gaelige"

Prose are very important,learn them right or one day you'll regret it.

Same thing happened to a guy I know, he got 600 points in his leaving, and then graduated from both Oxford and Harvard.

He went to an interview everything was going great, but then he got asked...

"describe the emotions in Caca Milis as gaeilge"

Needless to say job prospects for that young man are pretty grim at the moment, I think he's homeless now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

David1994 wrote: »
    [QUOTE=PictureFrame;79147740
    Jeez if you get an A1 in ordinary that is a fair achievement..Seemingly like no-one(Near enough) get A1s in OL Irish :P Ye all the ordinary lads left while us in higher level were there for a good bit longer.. :D
    No gets an A1 but everyone gets the pass!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 TheArtist11

Say if I study caca milís, gnathrud and another, am I covered for the pros??

What poetry are people looking over?

I don't have the papers, do we write about 2 pros and then 2 poems?

Two poems and two prose will come up.. It could be any of the 5 from each :)

Two poems and two prose will come up.. It could be any of the 5 from each :)

Grand thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

How many poems and storys do you have to answer on? I know that 2 come up but do you have a choice on which one you do ? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Princessxx

Danny94 wrote: »
    How many poems and storys do you have to answer on? I know that 2 come up but do you have a choice on which one you do ? :(
    two poems come up and two stories and you have to answer all four no choice :(

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Danny94

Princessxx wrote: »
    two poems come up and two stories and you have to answer all four no choice :(

bad times :( hopefully the comprehension will save me :confused:

• Advertisement

Can anyone tell me what one is gnathrud I don't remember studying it? Whats it about I might remember it just no the actually name?

all i have is

Dis
    Oisin and tir na nOg
    Hurlumbuc
    caco milis

Geibheann
    colscaradh
    mo ghrasa idir luibini
    An tEarrach Thiar
    An Spailpin Fanach

Danny94 wrote: »
    bad times :( hopefully the comprehension will save me :confused:
    Your not the only one hoping that felt paper one went good today I'm sound for the comprehension but for poems and stories I just cant get them in my head :(

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭jos360

On the bright side, they give you the poems (I think) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

I miss the Junior Cert., when Ordinary Level meant 1 paper only. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭Dapics

Am I the only one who plans to study caca milis and an spailfin fanach in the morning and cram it all in?!

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Killian In The Name Of

Princessxx wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what one is gnathrud I don't remember studying it? Whats it about I might remember it just no the actually name?

all i have is

Dis
    Oisin and tir na nOg
    Hurlumbuc
    caco milis

Geibheann
    colscaradh
    mo ghrasa idir luibini
    An tEarrach Thiar
    An Spailpin Fanach

It's the one about a man called Jimmy who goes to the Jasmine Palace takeaway for his family and is in the wrong place at the wrong time - he gets shot down by some violent youths driving by. It's very depressing!

It's the one about a man called Jimmy who goes to the Jasmine Palace takeaway for his family and is in the wrong place at the wrong time - he gets shot down by some violent youths driving by. It's very depressing!
    Got it I mixed it up with the one where the wife is all stuck up hurlumbuc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Since it's the 1st year of the new course.. I am praying they give us the 2 easy ones... An Ghnathrud and Caca Milis... Do we have to do 2... Or are we given a choice in which we can at least eliminate 1?

Would someone be able to give me a quick summary of what Gnáthrud is about in English? :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭FinnD

Would someone be able to give me a quick summary of what Gnáthrud is about in English? :/

Jimmy is drinking in the pub with his mates, he's a really good guy(buys rounds for the lads) wants to go home to his wife and kids, stops in the chinese, walks out, gets shot

Advertisement