Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mournes

Options
  • 10-06-2012 8:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭

Hi heading up there in a couple of weeks have done Donard and Binnian. What are the best other routes people would recommend ?

Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,464 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Get the book by Paddy Dillon, The Mournes Walks, there's plenty of suggestions in there.

There's one in the book that I like a lot which I call the "Birdie Walk" ... Hen Mtn., Cock Mtn. Pigeon Rock, Slieve Mougahnmore, Eagle Mtn. and then down Shanlieve (very steep) to Castle Bog.

Going up there next w/e and staying at Attical Hostel, hope the weather's good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭Barnavave

Slieve Bearnagh would be my next port of call. Its actually on BBC2 NI at the minute. If you have access to the iplayer the programme is called Off The Beaten Track.

That book by Paddy Dillon is a must if you are new to the Mournes.

Advertisement